Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular Thomas Opinions

+52
ndoresky
TheThomasSpectrum
mca0004
SCampo98
MarioLuigiGCFan
MainLineEngine112
TheThomas120
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
ThomasWoodenRailway
Superiosity
OliverthewesternEngine11
Doc Knickerbocker
ArthurEngine
Frankthetriviaman
railwayfan03
Diesel 11
Nykrivas
OneJ_
PolkaDotSideplates
TaffyTheTankEngine
IsleofOdor
TGC
LadysM.Railroad
Culdee Fell
trainfan21
Spleenycat
zachthethomasfan2001
RD1997
Shimmering Sparkles
DuckFan98
Hornbyfan1000
Teddy & Co.
Sergeant Sunflower
whyofbladez
TerenceTractor702
jdogman
biggcitydockrailway1999
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Tobias Jay
Finn Tracy
ThomasSirHandel
TheSCC&ScottishTwins
bbll22
NWSodor23
sailing on starways
Zeke
miipack603
The Steampunk Whovian
SkarloeyRailway
Toz76
Dr. Alphys
JRCS
56 posters

Page 8 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Go down

Unpopular Thomas Opinions - Page 8 Empty Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Shimmering Sparkles Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:22 am

Oh, I'm not going to make many friends with my opinions!

1. I find The Adventure Begins to be an extended episode with lots of boring filler. The new characters added nothing to the plot, and Henry's characterization is utterly pathetic. Tale of the Brave is the superior special as it feels like a movie.
2. The Thomas Way and Duck and the Slip Coaches are overrated, and no, it's not because of Duck - although, he is a reason, he's not the reason. It's like saying Yoko Ono was responsible for the Beatles' breakup... but I digress.
3. I prefer Emily (my most favorite character) to Duck, and I like every one of her starring episodes, even the crummy ones appeal to me for some reason.
4. I find Misty Island Rescue to be overhated. Granted, it's not very well written, but still.
5. I find the Dieselworks completely redundant - do we really need a place where diesels are repaired? If so, then why isn't there a Sodor Electricworks for Stafford? The Steamworks should be the main place where all types of engines - steam, diesel, etc. - are repaired. Plus, it just adds to the racism against the diesels, segregating them from steam engines. It's like separating white people from black people in Alabama. In the 1950s.
6. Henry is my least favorite of the Steam Team because of how he was portrayed in the Barlow era, and it gets worse since it was carried over onto TAB, one of my three least favorite specials.
7. I like the US and UK narrations (at least, those in seasons 1-5) equally.
8. I find season four the weakest of the classic seasons.
9. I think season five is extremely underrated. I liked it when I was younger, and I still do to this day. Same with season six.
10. Sodor Surprise Day is my most hated episode of the show, more so than Fiery Flynn, Race to the Rescue, and Wonky Whistle.
11. Buffer Bashing is the worst Railway Series story - why is because the conflict was never resolved, and Douglas was unfairly scolded for an accident.
12. New Little Engine is the weakest Railway Series book - why is because it had wasted potential in Ivo Hugh and Fred.
13. I think Thomas, Percy and Old Slowcoach was an influence on Thomas and Victoria.
14. I prefer season one to season two because the first season had the best structure of the first four, even if a few stories were missing.
15. I like Annie and Clarabel's looks in the TV series.
16. I actually don't mind how Duck, Donald, Douglas, and Oliver look in the TV series, even in the CGI series, although I wish people wouldn't complain over a scaling issue(!)
17. I like Bachmann and Hornby equally.
18. I think characters like Molly, Stanley, and Belle deserve more screentime in the TV series.
19. Speaking of whom, I prefer Belle to Flynn (at his, his S15-16 portrayal) as she proved more competent, even though she was a bit idiotic in Big Belle, but compared to Flynn's episodes in S15-16, Belle's episode was relatively forgettable.
20. I think The Missing Christmas Decorations was a superior remake of Day of the Diesels.

Well, I've probably angered so many people I'm going to hide behind some bushes while they come at me with pitchforks and torches...!
Shimmering Sparkles
Shimmering Sparkles
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:58 am

So I'm not the only one who finds Sodor Surprise Day worse than Fiery Flynn, Race to the Rescue and Wonky Whistle, huh?
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by railwayfan03 Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:33 am

Shimmering Sparkles wrote:Oh, I'm not going to make many friends with my opinions!

1. I find The Adventure Begins to be an extended episode with lots of boring filler. The new characters added nothing to the plot, and Henry's characterization is utterly pathetic. Tale of the Brave is the superior special as it feels like a movie.
2. The Thomas Way and Duck and the Slip Coaches are overrated, and no, it's not because of Duck - although, he is a reason, he's not the reason. It's like saying Yoko Ono was responsible for the Beatles' breakup... but I digress.
3. I prefer Emily (my most favorite character) to Duck, and I like every one of her starring episodes, even the crummy ones appeal to me for some reason.
4. I find Misty Island Rescue to be overhated. Granted, it's not very well written, but still.
5. I find the Dieselworks completely redundant - do we really need a place where diesels are repaired? If so, then why isn't there a Sodor Electricworks for Stafford? The Steamworks should be the main place where all types of engines - steam, diesel, etc. - are repaired. Plus, it just adds to the racism against the diesels, segregating them from steam engines. It's like separating white people from black people in Alabama. In the 1950s.
6. Henry is my least favorite of the Steam Team because of how he was portrayed in the Barlow era, and it gets worse since it was carried over onto TAB, one of my three least favorite specials.
9. I think season five is extremely underrated. I liked it when I was younger, and I still do to this day. Same with season six.
10. Sodor Surprise Day is my most hated episode of the show, more so than Fiery Flynn, Race to the Rescue, and Wonky Whistle.
11. Buffer Bashing is the worst Railway Series story - why is because the conflict was never resolved, and Douglas was unfairly scolded for an accident.
12. New Little Engine is the weakest Railway Series book - why is because it had wasted potential in Ivo Hugh and Fred.
13. I think Thomas, Percy and Old Slowcoach was an influence on Thomas and Victoria.
14. I prefer season one to season two because the first season had the best structure of the first four, even if a few stories were missing.
16. I actually don't mind how Duck, Donald, Douglas, and Oliver look in the TV series, even in the CGI series, although I wish people wouldn't complain over a scaling issue(!)
18. I think characters like Molly, Stanley, and Belle deserve more screentime in the TV series.
19. Speaking of whom, I prefer Belle to Flynn (at his, his S15-16 portrayal) as she proved more competent, even though she was a bit idiotic in Big Belle, but compared to Flynn's episodes in S15-16, Belle's episode was relatively forgettable.
20. I think The Missing Christmas Decorations was a superior remake of Day of the Diesels.

Well, I've probably angered so many people I'm going to hide behind some bushes while they come at me with pitchforks and torches...!

No worries, there will be no pitchforks and torches from me Wink
railwayfan03
railwayfan03
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:00 pm

-I find Season 6 to be the weakest in the classic series.
-I count Seasons 6-7 as in between seasons.
-I prefer Season 7 over Season 6.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:52 pm

Shimmering Sparkles wrote:Oh, I'm not going to make many friends with my opinions!

18. I think characters like Molly, Stanley,
and Belle deserve more screentime in the TV series.

I agree with the bold ones, I have no opinion on the italic ones because I either haven't thought about it, or I haven't seen the subjects. I disagree with the normal ones. Smile

The Dieselworks has no potiential whatsoever. It is simply a place where Diesel 10 plots things and they whine about The Fat Controller giving them nothing to fix diesels with. They could just go to the Steamworks like Arry and Bert did in Victor Says Yes. Sidney having no wheels for years was ridiculous. It should have been dealt with earlier.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:40 pm

Hold it; it makes sense that the dieselworks and steamworks are seperate facilities; the two kinds of engines are built differently, and thus need different facilities in order to make necessary repairs.

As for your opinion on Emily, I respectfully disagree.  I find her to be one of my least favorite characters.  She is stubborn, rude and arrogant, and episodes such as Emily knows Best, Emily's rubbish, Excellent Emily and Pingy Pongy Pick Up only remind me why I don't like her
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by RD1997 Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:18 am

1. I think most of the characters need new voices or different tones and accents, especially in the US dub!

2. Michael Brandon is a much better narrator with the voice cast around. His voices got annoying after 5 or 6 episodes.

3. Both Angelis and Brandon stayed on way too long!

4. I enjoy the Logging Locos, but if they come back I think they need new voice actors.

RD1997
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:47 am

1) Yes! I never ever found their CGI voices/faces Fitting.
2) Oh, no. Even with the voice cast, his voice was horrible.
3) I totally agree. Why didn't they leave earlier?
4) Wat? How are they "enjoyable" to anyone besides the kids who are seeing them here on Hop!?

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:17 pm

I don't watch the US Dub, but I have heard that they have changed a lot of the voices already.

There are some that they should change for the UK. Mainly Henry, but Thomas could do with sounding a bit older (not a lot older because that could alienate the children fans). I know they are changing his vouce as well, so hopefully it will be good.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:38 pm

Unfortunately, it isn't, because it's rather similar to Ben Small's.

Back to top Go down

Post by RD1997 Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:25 pm

They have changed a few voices already, most for the better IMO.  I wish that when new voice actors took over they'd just make the character their own like Rob Rackstraw did with James instead of copying it like Joseph May did with Thomas and Tom Stourton did with Duncan.

The Logging Locos are comedic relief IMHO. Yes they are not that great of characters, but they've produced a few awesome appearances in Merry Misty Island and Old Wheezy Wobbles.

RD1997
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:08 pm

I prefer Smudger to Stanley (I'm dubbing "Granpuff" into Hebrew right now).

Back to top Go down

Post by zachthethomasfan2001 Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:28 pm

I have some sort of obsession with Tom Tipper and The Mail Van. It's true.
zachthethomasfan2001
zachthethomasfan2001
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard

Back to top Go down

Post by The Steampunk Whovian Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:33 pm

RD1997 wrote:They have changed a few voices already, most for the better IMO.  I wish that when new voice actors took over they'd just make the character their own like Rob Rackstraw did with James instead of copying it like Joseph May did with Thomas and Tom Stourton did with Duncan.

Who did Tom Stourton copy for his Duncan voice? I know some people say that he sounds similar to George Carlin, but I barely see the resemblance.

Anywho, more opinions from me:

1. I don't want the models to return. They had their time on the show, and the CGI animation has proven that it can be far superior.
2. I don't see any reason for Smudger to return. He's just a recolour of Rheneas, and has most likely been scrapped by this point. I'd rather see Stanley appear in the series if a Mid-Sodor-based episode is made.
3. I don't mind that Jock and Frank won't be in SLOTLT. Don't get me wrong, it'd be interesting to see them in the show, but the fact that the Arlesdale Railway is appearing in the television series to begin with is good enough for me.

~John
The Steampunk Whovian
The Steampunk Whovian
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

http://the-scarved-whovian.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:14 am

I agree with all of them.

Whilst the S1-5 sets and models are iconic, the CGI is a lot better than the models from S6-12, which is what we would get if we returned to them. The CGI is above the standards of a normal children's show, so it is annoying when people say they hate it and what the models.

I don't understand why people want Smudger back either. He is a generator. He doesn't exist anymore.

I think Jock and Mike not being in SLotLT creates the potiential for the RWS books to be adapted. I don't know if they are thinking about doing this, but it leaves the door open.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:10 am

I never said I wanted him back, I just prefer him to Stanley.

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:34 am

Samson Sent for Scrap wasn't really a bad episode IMO.

I'm okay with Jock and Frank not appearing in SLOTLT. It should give the team some time to develop Mike, Rex and Bert.

I'm okay with Mike's wheels being red (His basis has red wheels), Rex's being green and Bert's being blue.

I like Gordon's Season 3 theme (the one that played in Gordon and the Famous Visitor) the best. Aside from that, I also find his Adventure Begins theme better than his Seasons 1-2 theme.

ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:49 pm

*I like Henry's Forest, The Trouble with Mud, Thomas and Stepney and Mind that Bike.
*I view No.2 and Stanley from the Railway Series as separate engines.
*I think the Arlesdale Railway's debut in the TV Series is 15-20 years overdue.
*I prefer the Seasons 3-7 music over the Seasons 1-2 music.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by railwayfan03 Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:28 pm

I find the episodes on the Dinos and Discoveries DVD (with an exception to *Marion and the Dinosaurs* and *Millie and the Volcano*) to be slightly weaker than the rest of S18.
railwayfan03
railwayfan03
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:23 pm

I consider the music that plays over Bill and Ben tricking Boco in The Diseasel "Boco's Theme" rather than the music that plays when Edward describes to Bill and Ben what type of diesel Boco is.

I prefer Daisy's TV series looks over her Railway Series looks.

I was OK with Bill and Ben gaining red wheels. It surprised me, but I was okay with it since their basis have bright coloured wheels.

I prefer Duck and Oliver's NWR green liveries over their GWR liveries.
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:46 am

I wholeheartedly agree with #2 and #4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:58 pm

I actually do not mind the whole thing with Duck and Oliver's GWR green vs. their NWR green. It's kind of hard to compare the two side by side when they have been depicted in different artistic styles.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:12 pm

I don't mind Duck and Oliver's colour. The colour of an engine doesn't matter to me. If an engine has a good colour, that is a bonus, not a nessessity for me.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:22 pm

Yes, this really is a fun thread. When you say an opinion you feel is in the minority and when you least expect it, someone out there agrees with you.

ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Steampunk Whovian Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:30 am

Yippee, some more opinions from me. Razz

1. I don't know why Rheneas' yellow livery is so bad. Sure, his orange/red livery looks better, but the yellow livery helped to tie things in at the end of Blue Mountain Mystery, though it would have made more sense to have Victor repainted as it would have meant a lot more to Luke.
2. This seems to a somewhat popular opinion amongst fans, but nonetheless, I think that giving the breakdown train faces was pointless. Some could say they did it for the merchandise, but if that's the case, why do Jerome and Judy have no merchandise? Plus we haven't seen them in Season 19, so why bother making the breakdown train sentient if you're not going to bother developing them?

~John
The Steampunk Whovian
The Steampunk Whovian
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

http://the-scarved-whovian.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next