Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by TheIsraeliSudrian on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:57 pm

Diesel10 wrote:I really think the TATMRR isn't overrated, because most true Thomas fans (not me! Razz ) hate it. ( affraid )
I think it didn't deserve to be brought into Israel, let alone get a Hebrew dub with such an awesome voice cast. They probably only brought it because the TV Series must've been successful at the time.
avatar
TheIsraeliSudrian
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 2930
Join date : 2015-02-19
Location : Israel

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:30 pm

Honestly I don't think TATMRR even deserves to exist. Harsh maybe? I don't really think so. Why? Because it barely changed the show at all. It added Diesel 10 and Lady is the biggest argument, but Calling All Engines reintroduces them anyway. It's never mentioned again either ("Twinkle Toes" isn't a reference either. It's a phrase.).
avatar
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 21
Location : America

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by JRCS on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:47 pm

I disagree. Alcroft took many risks with the TV Series, introducing the original stories in S3 and including the scarier S5 episodes are the most notable. TaTMRR was just another risk that she took, and unfortunately it didn't pay off (being a box office bomb and a critical failure) and the prices were paid for that, but if she took no risks, the show would have finished after Series 3 or 4 as there would have been nothing left to adapt.
avatar
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Posts : 483
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 18
Location : Lancashire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Diesel 11 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:56 pm

Why does everyone have to hate this movie?! I seem to be the only one who likes it at all!! I personally think that this is the best thing EVER from Thomas.
avatar
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 5309
Join date : 2015-03-22
Location : My head.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by ArthurEngine on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:23 pm

Diesel10 wrote:Why does everyone have to hate this movie?! I seem to be the only one who likes it at all!! I personally think that this is the best thing EVER from Thomas.

I believe that TATMR is a vegemite mix. In other words, some people like it, others don't. I find it a guilty pleasure. That's the reason I always say it isn't bad, but not good either.


Last edited by ArthurEngine on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1400
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : DK Jungle

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by ThomasSirHandel on Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:09 am

DonaldDouglasandToby6 wrote:Honestly I don't think TATMRR even deserves to exist. Harsh maybe? I don't really think so. Why? Because it barely changed the show at all. It added Diesel 10 and Lady is the biggest argument, but Calling All Engines reintroduces them anyway. It's never mentioned again either ("Twinkle Toes" isn't a reference either. It's a phrase.).

I agree. I think if Britt Allcroft wanted to do a Thomas movie then it should of followed the TV series format. Also the only parts of Season 3 I didn't like were Diesel replacing Daisy in Mavis, No Joke for James, Flying Scotsman and Bear not being introduced and the beginning of The Trouble of Mud.
avatar
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2015-02-18
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Diesel 11 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:44 pm

But, come on, isn't there SOMETHING that you like about TATMRR?!
avatar
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 5309
Join date : 2015-03-22
Location : My head.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Sergeant Sunflower on Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:02 pm

Dunno if this is considered common, but when it comes to watching episodes, I always go for the UK/AUS version as I grew up with it. The US version sounds somewhat "wrong" in my opinion (can't explain how it is), but I do understand why they had to Americanize some voices and terms.Neutral

I do make exceptions however for when the US get content first, such as getting a few episodes of the upcoming season on a DVD. Lucky 'Muricans.Rolling Eyes

Also, back then, I kinda... didn't mind(?) the recent awful seasons. That's because I was too soft - with franchises you love, there is surely something about them you hate. And in that case was just hating those terrible seasons. However, outside of the Thomas franchise, I seem to have a better taste on things that are average or kinda bad, like the TMNT 2014 movie for example. I received some entertainment from that movie. Razz

And... I was kinda disappointed when I saw Tale of the Brave. But after having seen The Adventure Begins and that I'll be seeing Legend of the Lost Treasure, it'll definitely make up for that.


Last edited by - ̗̀new ̖́- Mike on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sergeant Sunflower
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-04-21
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by JRCS on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Me too for most of them. I always watch the UK dub, and I wouldn't even watch new content if it was the US Dub.

It took me until S15 to realize how absolutely awful the last decade had been, it just got boring by then. S16 felt excruciating to watch.

I was a little disappointed by TotB, it was good but KotR was better.
avatar
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Posts : 483
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 18
Location : Lancashire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Teddy & Co. on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:33 am

Well...There was that grey faced Annie and Clarabel concept art...I kind of wish they would have used it. I prefer everything the some and I like the grey faces. I have always found characters without the gray face (or without a face at all) strange. So when I draw  characters, they always have gray faces: Annie, Clarabel, Harold, D199, Bear, every freight cars/trucks (excluding flatbed/well wagons), all cranes, all cars, all boats, ext. I look at it like this: Their universe all vehicles have faces and talk. I would find it rather irritating if the car I was sentient or not.

Second, I like Bash, Dash, and Ferdinand (although there isn't really any character I don't like...for the most part). Misty Island is what I have the issue with. Misty Island shouldn't be uninhabited, it ruins any realism it could have (although my dad would give me a hard time because where is the realism in talking locomotives). Before the special I pictured them as an American Edward, Bill, and Ben. I still see a lot of that in them. They were just in some crumby episodes, tied with an abandoned island, and that stupid catchphrase (I also would like to say "O the indignity" is rather irritating at times). I think if they were brought back I feel they would better written if they keep up the way they have been writing. Not to say I want them back right now. They are doing a great job and I would like to see other things before they did.

p.s. NOTE: These are OPINIONS! I know I am in the minority for this but this is the 'unpopular opinions' discussion.
avatar
Teddy & Co.
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Posts : 6
Join date : 2015-02-24
Age : 22
Location : Delphi, Messatine

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by JRCS on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Don't worry, this thread is specifically for people who have opinions that feel they are in the minority.
avatar
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Posts : 483
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 18
Location : Lancashire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by TheIsraeliSudrian on Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:05 pm

I think it's really strange that the Diesel from "Bowled Out" has so many names/titles/nicknames/aliases.


Last edited by laG roiL on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
TheIsraeliSudrian
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 2930
Join date : 2015-02-19
Location : Israel

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by SkarloeyRailway on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:00 pm

laG roiL wrote:I think it's really strange that the Diesel from "Bowled Out" has so many names.

He doesn't have any names in any official canon...
avatar
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Posts : 1221
Join date : 2015-01-28
Age : 21
Location : The Island of Sodor

http://ttte.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:22 am

Diesel10 wrote:But, come on, isn't there SOMETHING that you like about TATMRR?!

The more I think about it, no. I used to like the music, but honestly the songs have nothing to do with the movie. Either that or they don't feel like Thomas; they feel more like some Disney knockoff. I also used to like the comedy, but that hasn't aged the best either. The wit's there, it's just not enough. The sets and models? The sets are lazy interpretations of what Sodor is, and the models are just the ones from the show with added lamps.
avatar
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 21
Location : America

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by TGC on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:59 am

SkarloeyRailway wrote:
laG roiL wrote:I think it's really strange that the Diesel from "Bowled Out" has so many names.

He doesn't have any names in any official canon...
He has 2, the one from his wooden railway model, and the one from his name board and ERTL packaging, which  are The Diesel, and Class 40,
avatar
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Posts : 757
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 16
Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:16 am

Both of those aren't really names.
avatar
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 21
Location : America

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by TGC on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:21 am

Eh, your right Razz they are more like Titles then names, but whatever.
avatar
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Posts : 757
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 16
Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by JRCS on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:47 am

I call him The Diesel as that's what the TV Series called him, but then when I talk about him, people just say 'Which Diesel?'
avatar
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Posts : 483
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 18
Location : Lancashire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Diesel 11 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:12 pm

I just call him The Diesel like you, but when people get confused, I say Class 40.
avatar
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 5309
Join date : 2015-03-22
Location : My head.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by ArthurEngine on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:25 pm

I just call him "The Bowled Out Diesel" because that was his only official appearance. And if I just called him "The Diesel", people would think I'm referring to Devious Diesel or they wouldn't know which diesel I'm referring to.


Last edited by ArthurEngine on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:07 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1400
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : DK Jungle

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:35 am

I find it funny actually, one diesel, one appearance, yet so many names
avatar
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 7008
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 23
Location : New York, United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by TGC on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:56 am

I just say Diesel 261
avatar
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Posts : 757
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 16
Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by railwayfan03 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:12 pm

I don't know if anyone saw this on page one, so I'm going to repost it here:

I like Mavis' old US voice (Jules de Jongh) a lot more than her current one (Teresa Gallagher, who is also her UK voice actress).
avatar
railwayfan03
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Posts : 200
Join date : 2015-02-18
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Hornbyfan1000 on Mon May 04, 2015 11:36 am

I prefer the Hornby Edward over the Bachmann Edward
avatar
Hornbyfan1000
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by ArthurEngine on Sat May 09, 2015 9:59 am

Hornbyfan1000 wrote:I prefer the Hornby Edward over the Bachmann Edward

Out! You must leave this place and never come back! Wink


Last edited by ArthurEngine on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1400
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : DK Jungle

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum