Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by TheThomasSpectrum on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:08 am

TheThomasSpectrum wrote:Ooh, I like these types of threads! Here's mine:

1. Arc's animation is better than the New Series models and, at times, is as good as the Classic Series models. All 3, however, are better than Nitrogen's animation.

2. The Hornby models are significantly better than their Bachmann counterparts, and that includes Edward and Emily.

3. I like the large scale models of the Skarloey engines more than their small scale models. I'm not saying that their small scale counterparts were bad, but I like their large scale models more.

4. I like Alec Baldwin's narration, even in S6. He's my favorite narrator in the entire show. Conversely, I do not like George Carlin's narration. He's my least favorite narrator.

5. I don't like Renshaw's rendition of Donald & Douglas's theme. It's my least favorite theme for them. I even liked their U.S. S7 theme more.

6. Michael Brandon did a better job narrating S7-16 than Michael Angelis did.

7. I don't think Thomas and the Magic Railroad is all that bad, but it's not perfect. While TGD and BMM came very close, KOTR was the first special to be better than Magic Railroad.

8. Season 3 is a great season. Massively underrated, you might say.

9. Season 4 is not the best season. If anything, it's overrated. There are too many narrow gauge stories and other than the Stepney stories, the standard gauge stories feel like filler to make the 26 episode limit. I'm tired of hearing how seemingly perfect it is. It doesn't have the best stories or sets or lighting.

I've got two more unpopular opinions:

10. I prefer the friendship between Thomas and Bertie more than Thomas and Percy.

11. I like the restored versions of the classic series more than the originals. Some might say "Why? The restored versions have errors, they show studio equipment, and, in the case of the episode Coal, show a blooper."  To which I say "That's why I like them. I personally like seeing the studio equipment and bloopers in the episodes."
TheThomasSpectrum
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ndoresky on Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:01 pm

This thread sounds like fun.

1. Thomas and the Magic Railroad was the best thomas movie/special until Lost Treasure and TAB.
2. Season 21 is bad.
3. Season 3 is amazing.
4. Andrew Brenner is not Jesus. As far as modern Thomas writers goes, Helen Farrall is the best.

ndoresky
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasGaming64 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:04 am

1. I like the Brenner era more than the Classic Series. The Classic Series is great too, I just personally prefer the Brenner era.
2. I like Season 3 more than Season 4, mostly for some issues that Season 4 has.
3. Duck and the Slip Coaches isn't in my Top 3 favorite Season 18 episodes. Still a great episode though.
4. I hate Day of the Diesels more than Misty Island Rescue. Although, Misty Island Rescue still makes a close second.
5. I like Henry's Forest more than The Flying Kipper. Both episodes are amazing though.
6. I find Season 6 to be the weakest Classic Series season. It has the worst narration of the series, and the worst of the classic series. I still like it though.
7. I like both Blue Mountain Mystery and Journey Beyond Sodor more than King of the Railway. All three specials are very good.
8. A Shed for Edward is my favorite Season 21 episode, and one of my favorites of the whole series.
9. Season 8 is, in my opinion, the least bad season from Seasons 8-16, as it didn't have as many awful episodes as we'd get in those future seasons, and I felt it was decent enough.
10. I don't think the upcoming BWBA stuff looks that bad. Sure, it doesn't look great, I'll admit that, but for me, personally, it doesn't look much worse than Seasons 13-16.
ThomasGaming64
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by zem2point0 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:16 pm

I didn't lose my mind over the switch to CGI... Believe it or not, that was an extremely unpopular opinion 10 years ago, people were freaking out!

Which brings me to, I'm not going to freak out about Big World, Big Adventures either... Though I'm not as positive about this as the CGI switch.

If they ruin the show this time, we've still got all our favorite seasons and books from the past. I don't necessarily require new content.
zem2point0
Earl of Sodor
Earl of Sodor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheThomasSpectrum on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:36 am

ThomasGaming64 wrote:1. I like the Brenner era more than the Classic Series. The Classic Series is great too, I just personally prefer the Brenner era.
2. I like Season 3 more than Season 4, mostly for some issues that Season 4 has.
3. Duck and the Slip Coaches isn't in my Top 3 favorite Season 18 episodes. Still a great episode though.
4. I hate Day of the Diesels more than Misty Island Rescue. Although, Misty Island Rescue still makes a close second.
5. I like Henry's Forest more than The Flying Kipper. Both episodes are amazing though.
6. I find Season 6 to be the weakest Classic Series season. It has the worst narration of the series, and the worst of the classic series. I still like it though.
7. I like both Blue Mountain Mystery and Journey Beyond Sodor more than King of the Railway. All three specials are very good.
8. A Shed for Edward is my favorite Season 21 episode, and one of my favorites of the whole series.
9. Season 8 is, in my opinion, the least bad season from Seasons 8-16, as it didn't have as many awful episodes as we'd get in those future seasons, and I felt it was decent enough.
10. I don't think the upcoming BWBA stuff looks that bad. Sure, it doesn't look great, I'll admit that, but for me, personally, it doesn't look much worse than Seasons 13-16.

Finally, someone else that likes Season 3 more than Season 4. I have a feeling that we're going to get along swimmingly.
TheThomasSpectrum
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum