Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular Thomas Opinions

+52
ndoresky
TheThomasSpectrum
mca0004
SCampo98
MarioLuigiGCFan
MainLineEngine112
TheThomas120
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
ThomasWoodenRailway
Superiosity
OliverthewesternEngine11
Doc Knickerbocker
ArthurEngine
Frankthetriviaman
railwayfan03
Diesel 11
Nykrivas
OneJ_
PolkaDotSideplates
TaffyTheTankEngine
IsleofOdor
TGC
LadysM.Railroad
Culdee Fell
trainfan21
Spleenycat
zachthethomasfan2001
RD1997
Shimmering Sparkles
DuckFan98
Hornbyfan1000
Teddy & Co.
Sergeant Sunflower
whyofbladez
TerenceTractor702
jdogman
biggcitydockrailway1999
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Tobias Jay
Finn Tracy
ThomasSirHandel
TheSCC&ScottishTwins
bbll22
NWSodor23
sailing on starways
Zeke
miipack603
The Steampunk Whovian
SkarloeyRailway
Toz76
Dr. Alphys
JRCS
56 posters

Page 21 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Go down

Unpopular Thomas Opinions - Page 21 Empty Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by ThomasSirHandel Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:29 pm

DonaldDouglasandToby6 wrote: Wait what? I don't remember saying they had to appear. I was against the idea actually. I think ThomasSirHandel said that. And same goes for the Season 4-esque thing.

You do know if the show stayed in Season 4-esque we would of never got the crap from Season 9-16. Stepney could of been introduce in Thomas and Stepney to fix the RTTR problem. Brenner could of became script editor for Season 3-7 and head writer starting in Season 8. Some fans also prefer the story-arc styled episodes from Season 1-4.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:39 pm

Just because some preferred that doesn't really mean it's really the best way to do it. (Not saying it isn't or is.)

And if the show did stay S4-esque, we wouldn't have SLOTLT, TAB, or any of the goodness in recent years. Instead we'd have sometimes out-of-order episodes and a horrible episode each season.

And the Brenner thing is really contrived; what makes you think Brenner of all people will become a script editor? (And why in S3?)
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:24 pm

I kinda mean if Brenner was script editor during Season 3-7 they would be less hated by RWS/rail fans as Brenner stays close to the RWS. Season 3 might have a few changes and Season 4 probably wouldn't be much different besides how RTTR wouldn't be existing. Also the show would of still most likely went CGI if it stayed Season 4-esque and you would think Brenner is the one who comes up with the recenter specials seeing he's head writer so we probably still would of got KOTR, TOTB, TAB and SLOTLT. They would just be a bit different. Thomas wouldn't of been forced in every episode and characters like Edward, Henry, Toby and the narrow gauge engines.etc wouldn't of been trashed and we most likely wouldn't have one-time characters.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:21 am

I prefer the TV Series over The Railway Series (one reason being that I've never read the latter).

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:23 pm

laG roiL wrote:I prefer the TV Series over The Railway Series (one reason being that I've never read the latter).

Same. Season 1-4 that is. There might be a few flaws like RTTR and out of order episodes but ignoring the flaws from those seasons I prefer them over the RWS. But I prefer the RWS over Season 8-16.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Knickerbocker Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:47 am

ThomasSirHandel wrote:
laG roiL wrote:I prefer the TV Series over The Railway Series (one reason being that I've never read the latter).

Same. Season 1-4 that is. There might be a few flaws like RTTR and out of order episodes but ignoring the flaws from those seasons I prefer them over the RWS. But I prefer the RWS over Season 8-16.

I think everyone does, ThomasSirHandel.

OPINIONS

1. The model scenes of TATMRR aren't that bad, actually.
2. I'd like to see The Vicar of Wellsworth, Dusty Miller, and Old Bailey in CGI.
3. Season 7 is good, in its own way.
4. I have no particular interest in seeing Bear and Pip & Emma in the series.
5. I HATE GATOR.
6. I have no particular interest in seeing Frank, Jock, and the other Arlesdale regulars in the series. The dynamic between Mike, Rex, and Bert is fine as it is.

Doc Knickerbocker
Doc Knickerbocker
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:10 am

Lord History wrote:
ThomasSirHandel wrote:

I think everyone does, ThomasSirHandel.

Some people do prefer the Railway Series over the TV series as a whole. Those are railway enthusiasts. The ones who prefer Seasons 1 and 2, as well as Blue Mountain Mystery onwards.
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:16 am

I don't really like those types of fans who only watch Seasons 1-2 and BMM onward. Yes there's fans who don't like Seasons 5-7 and just like Seasons 1-4 and 17 onward but the Season 1-2 and Brenner era fans seem to nip at every single flaw or difference Allcroft made during Seasons 3-4.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:56 am

ThomasSirHandel wrote:I don't really like those types of fans who only watch Seasons 1-2 and BMM onward. Yes there's fans who don't like Seasons 5-7 and just like Seasons 1-4 and 17 onward but the Season 1-2 and Brenner era fans seem to nip at every single flaw or difference Allcroft made during Seasons 3-4.

Nothing but nit picks. Especially when they criticise that moment in The Trouble with Mud where Gordon the Big Engine blew mud over James. My guess is mud was clogged in his cylinders. And they, including Awdry himself, criticise Henry for breaking Rule 55, even though Henry the Green Engine was in a siding.
Some don't like Escape just because Bear, Isabel, Dulcie, Alice, Mirabel, and Flying Scotsman weren't featured. And they don't like Mavis because Diesel was featured instead of Daisy. (Although I do agree with them that Diesel shouldn't have replaced Daisy)

They also don't like Mind That Bike because it barely follows the story it's based on, and Thomas and the Special Letter because it featured Fat Controller's engines and private engines on Sodor instead of Other Railway engines and the roundhouse at the end.

I'm also alright with the adaptation of Bowled Out because in the book, Wilbert didn't explain how or why The Diesel came to Sodor. Looks like Britt took care of that.
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:35 am

I do agree with them about Bear, Isabel, Dulcie, Alice, Mirabel, and Flying Scotsman not being featured in Escape and other railway engines being replaced with Sir Topham Hatt's engines in Thomas and the Special Letter but otherwise those are good episodes. But the reason they didn't appear was most likely due to low budgets.

For The Trouble with Mud it could be placed between the events of Off the Rails and Down the Mine in the TV Series timeline like the RWS order which is why Gordon is covered in mud and yes his cylinders could of been clogged from the mud after falling into the ditch.

Yes in Henry's Forest I could tell Henry was in a siding. I don't have a problem with Mind That Bike being re-written. I don't ever see them complaining about Percy Takes the Plunge being out of order which was Season 2. The only episode from Seasons 1-4 I think was a mistake was Rusty to the Rescue. I don't hate it but I do think it's a mistake and Stepney could of just been introduced in the next episode.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:40 am

Lord History wrote:
3. Season 7 is good, in its own way.
4. I have no particular interest in seeing Bear and Pip & Emma in the series.
6. I have no particular interest in seeing Frank, Jock, and the other Arlesdale regulars in the series. The dynamic between Mike, Rex, and Bert is fine as it is.
I especially agree with the last two.

Last edited by laG roiL on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:10 pm

You forgot to erase my username because I wasn't the one who posted that.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:48 am

To be honest, I don't think all railway enthusiasts are like that. Some also like certain episodes of S3-7 (I personally like all the seasons of that era but I digress).

To be fair, not everyone has to like the same things.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:54 am

I think the railway series and seasons 5-7 could be in the same canon
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:41 am

I've thought about some more unpopular opinions.

I already did mentioned that Mark Moraghan's not my favourite TVS narrator (don't get me wrong, I love his narrations), and that I still prefer Ringo Starr and Michael Angelis. And I prefer these 3 narrators to the rest of the narrators. The only RWS narrators I find better than the US narrators and Pierce Brosnan's narrations are those of Willie Rushton and Ted Robbins.

Michael Brandon's my least favourite TVS narrator, (it was hard for me to choose between Pierce Brosnan and Michael Brandon ever since I saw The Great Discovery) but I only prefer Brandon's narrations to those of one RWS narrator, and those are Johnny Morris' narrations.
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:51 pm

I believe I've said this before, but I never liked Willie Rushton's narrations. I always prefered Johnny Morris. I even named an owl statuette after him (Morris).

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:55 am

I don't really like Pierce as a narrator because he never raises his voice, even at action scenes.

Which is weird because 007 raises his voice a lot.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:15 am

To Resume

-I'm not really a fan of Ringo Starr's, Pierce Brosnan's, Michael Angelis' (Season 8-16) or Mark Moraghan's narrations.
-I don't find the around the world videos that interesting excluding some of the basis used for engines.
-I don't really like humanized artwork.
-I prefer the 2006 classic SI3D Trainz models over the 2009 onward Trainz SI3D models and I don't really like the 3D faces or baked/darker textures.
-It wouldn't harm anything if Hit had Arc make a model of old shape Henry for TAB. Arc has so many underused models and I think the reason why they couldn't make one is because of time and Hit knew they would have Arc rendering dozens of characters and locations.
-I don't hate The Untold Story of Timothy nor have an opinion about it.
-TrackMaster started going downhill in late 2009 when Fisher Price took over and I prefer the blue tomy track over the brown TrackMaster track.
-I don't mind James not being painted black in the Season 1 version of Thomas and the Breakdown Train or Henry not being repainted blue at the end of the TV Series version of Edward, Gordon and Henry.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:17 am

ThomasSirHandel wrote:To Resume

-I'm not really a fan of Ringo Starr's, Pierce Brosnan's, Michael Angelis' (Season 8-16) or Mark Moraghan's narrations.
-I don't find the around the world videos that interesting excluding some of the basis used for engines.
-I don't really like humanized artwork.
-I prefer the 2006 classic SI3D Trainz models over the 2009 onward Trainz SI3D models and I don't really like the 3D faces or baked/darker textures.
-It wouldn't harm anything if Hit had Arc make a model of old shape Henry for TAB. Arc has so many underused models and I think the reason why they couldn't make one is because of time and Hit knew they would have Arc rendering dozens of characters and locations.
-I don't hate The Untold Story of Timothy nor have an opinion about it.
-TrackMaster started going downhill in late 2009 when Fisher Price took over and I prefer the blue tomy track over the brown TrackMaster track.
-I don't mind James not being painted black in the Season 1 version of Thomas and the Breakdown Train or Henry not being repainted blue at the end of the TV Series version of Edward, Gordon and Henry.
1) Most likely not an unpopular opinion. I once attempted to do some, but they didn't end up very well either.
2) I never even cared when I was younger.

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSodor23 Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:53 pm

More from me.

1) While I don't really like Edward and Henry's US voices overall, I felt that they were somewhat more fitting in TAB, as they were younger then, so their voices were more suitable.
2) Diesel 10's best portrayal was in Misty Island Rescue.
3) I don't really mind Lady's design. While it isn't based off of a real locomotive, I still think it looks nice enough.
4) The WR Timothy is a very good model.
5) None of the Hornby models are that bad (bar Emily).
NWSodor23
NWSodor23
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:05 pm

More from me:

1. TrackMaster Timothy, Samson, and Philip look okay.
2. Lady's design is okay.
3. I don't mind Henry not being in his old shape in TAB; if Season 1 could get away with it (they randomly change shapes), so can this.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:28 pm

I don't think the "Lady's design isn't that bad" opinion is unpopular. A lot of people don't mind her design. At least it isn't a safety hazard unlike Thumper's design.

I am also okay with Henry being in his current shape in TAB. At least it didn't get in the way of the story.

I don't think the Wooden Railway Timothy opinion is unpopular. I don't think anybody minds his WR model.

I also like Timothy's, Samson's, and Phillip's TM models. Phillip's is the most faithful to his render.
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:10 am

DonaldDouglasandToby6 wrote:More from me:.
3. I don't mind Henry not being in his old shape in TAB; if Season 1 could get away with it (they randomly change shapes), so can this.

The only reason why Henry switched between his old and new shapes was because the producers got the scenes mixed up and didn't really care about continuity.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:53 am

You don't even really know that they didn't care; it was probably just an editing error or something.

But then explain why they did it in Blue Mountain Mystery too.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:50 am

I'll agree with you guys; I thought Lady had a nice design. Granted she was a fictional engine, but she was a well designed one too.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next