Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

+52
Thomas Fan 2018
MainLineEngine112
Finn Tracy
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Neverlander22
Frankthetriviaman
TTTEFan1997
ScruffyRat1992
Superiosity
TheThomas120
vinnyvincevvs5
PolkaDotSideplates
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Toz76
OliverthewesternEngine11
Diesel 11
Petersamthenumber4
zachthethomasfan2001
Doc Knickerbocker
Hornbyfan1000
LadysM.Railroad
Teddy & Co.
duckfan9
Wellsworth1888
sailing on starways
Jace Maceo Rooney
bbll22
Niceptic
Rosalinaloves844
Zeke
DarthShaymin14
Metamorphical
coringo
ThomasSirHandel
JadeStudios
IsleofOdor
railwayfan03
NWSodor23
Dr. Alphys
Maxx Walkerling
Jamie Parker
JRCS
ThomasandStanley
TGC
Jwnewall
The Steampunk Whovian
ArthurEngine
Toby7
SkarloeyRailway
Number1Thomasfan1995
Tugboatfan4
WoodenRailwayStudio
56 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 3 Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by Niceptic Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:31 am

I'd love to see:

Boco - He is just a nostalgic character and I'd love to see him interact with Edward. Besides, we need some long Diesels. Most of them are short 0-6-0 shunters working in sidings. We need some pulling Express Coaches or coaches in general.
Stepney - I'd like to see him return along with his whole Bluebell Line. He could interact with Oliver since they both escaped from scrap and I'd just love to see him return anyway.
Duke - Since he is under the possession of the Earl, I'd like to see him interact with Stephen since they're both very old engines. I don't know, I think there is could potential in that department, plus I love his character anyway.
Daisy - Much like Boco, we need some long Diesels. Daisy has a sassy character and I'd love to see the whole all of the engines on Thomas' Branchline again. Besides, we need a female Diesel.
Donald and Douglas - Nuff said, they're amazing!
Trevor - It's Trevor, how can you not love him. He had great interactions with Edward and I'd love to him return.
Terence - Nostalgia in it's purest form Smile
Mighty Mac - They're just such unique engines that it'd be cool to give them more personality.
Arthur - Since the Fishing Village and the Flying Kipper seem to be returning, why not bring back the Norramby Branch Line and bring Arthur back with it. He could help shunt TFK with Henry and sometimes even take it for him.

I feel like I'm just repeating what everyone else said but, these character's are so cool that who wouldn't want them back?! I do have more but, that might take a while for me to type Wink
Niceptic
Niceptic
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 3 Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by Frankthetriviaman Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Daisy, Arthur and Murdoch, if handled correctly, I can see them returning
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:46 pm

How would they be mishandled? The series is as close to perfect as its been pretty much ever.

Also:
Niceptic wrote:Duke - Since he is under the possession of the Earl, I'd like to see him interact with Stephen since they're both very old engines. I don't know, I think there is could potential in that department, plus I love his character anyway.

Where did you hear Duke is owned by the Earl? As far as I know that's never been stated anywhere.
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

http://ttte.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Niceptic Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:10 am

SkarloeyRailway wrote:How would they be mishandled? The series is as close to perfect as its been pretty much ever.

Also:
Niceptic wrote:Duke - Since he is under the possession of the Earl, I'd like to see him interact with Stephen since they're both very old engines. I don't know, I think there is could potential in that department, plus I love his character anyway.

Where did you hear Duke is owned by the Earl? As far as I know that's never been stated anywhere.

Got that wrong, his grace is the Earl Razz
Niceptic
Niceptic
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:31 am

Ohhhh, I understand what you mean! We'll see how they handle that, should Duke be reintroduced!
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by bbll22 Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:08 pm

For me, the likes of BoCo, Daisy and Duke are probably ones I most want to see again on the rails - Duke most of all, he's my favourite engine after Gordon! Smile

What I want most of all though is really characters from the roads back in the show - we've only really got Bertie and Butch at the moment and the roads are so empty! It's not right. The show has to be more than just rail-based to me. Episodes that focused on other characters are ones I always enjoyed most.

The issue of course with the programme in its current state is that characters seemingly always have to be rail-based at the moment which is so frustrating and limiting. Flynn is a road/rail thing - why not just road? The same goes for this Skiff we're getting - a railboat - why not just a boat? This is what I really don't like about the show at the minute...
bbll22
bbll22
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

https://www.fanfiction.net/~bbll22

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:54 pm

bbll22 wrote:The issue of course with the programme in its current state is that characters seemingly always have to be rail-based at the moment which is so frustrating and limiting. Flynn is a road/rail thing - why not just road? The same goes for this Skiff we're getting - a railboat - why not just a boat? This is what I really don't like about the show at the minute...

I totally agree with you here, the whole hybrid vehicle thing is getting a little tired. I don't understand why HiT seems uncomfortable with introducing anything that can't run on rails anymore... Razz

SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:01 pm

I don't like the hybrid vehicles either. I love non-rail vehicles, they give Sodor a lot more life. But they can't just slap on wheels at all.

I was really hoping Skiff would be a railboat, just the other way around, where he could ferry trains, possibly to the Isle of Man. Those were very common in America.
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:38 pm

Toby7 wrote:I was really hoping Skiff would be a railboat, just the other way around, where he could ferry trains, possibly to the Isle of Man. Those were very common in America.

That would have been really cool! Such an interesting thing to see on Sodor!
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jace Maceo Rooney Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Duke: Most of the old characters in TTTE are nice, but Duke was slightly grumpy, which makes him the perfect "old man" if you will.
Lorries: They had faceless cameos, but it would be nice to see a faced lorry again.
Bulgy: He was very unique, being a double decker bus and all. but I want him to be a normal bus, NOT a vegetable van.
Terence: He was a character who was unique because his differences didn't bother him: ever. He only had one major role, too.
Flying Scotsman: He is a famous locomotive, and one of my favorites, too. They could only make his tenders, sure, but I'm sure we could see his complete model this time around.
Jace Maceo Rooney
Jace Maceo Rooney
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:45 pm

I think all of those would be amazing additions. Personally I think we need way more off-rail characters like Terrence and the Lorries. Flying Scotsman would be amazing to see in CGI, but I doubt they'll do it because he'd have to go to the mainland again at some point. It'd be very expensive to render him for a guest appearance.
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeke Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:38 pm

Would it be possible for Bulstrode to return?

So he could go back on the water, maybe he can gain a feud between himself and Captain?

Zeke
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:51 pm

I think it's possible, but I don't want it to happen. Razz I think it'd be like Bulgy rides again, which I'm not a fan of, so I don't think bringing Bulstrode back would work.
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:07 pm

I don't think its worth bringing Bulstrode back. He's not exactly as memorable as Terence, Trevor, George and Caroline

I would like Bulgy back though. Just not as a vegetable stand. I don't see why a double decker bus needs to sell vegetables.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:47 pm

JRCS wrote:I would like Bulgy back though. Just not as a vegetable stand. I don't see why a double decker bus needs to sell vegetables.

In a nutshell, that's why I hate Bulgy Rides Again! Razz
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:24 pm

My Big 4:
4. S. C. Ruffey - he could really be useful (more or less)
3. Ned - I used to be obsessed with this character!
2. The Diesel - perfect!
1. Diesel 10 - okay, I known he never left the series, but I really would like to see more of him!
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:59 am

I disagree about D10, he is on happy pills these days (joke) just like Diesel, either that or he went to a Botox doctor (joke as well)
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:00 pm

TheGuysCast2 wrote:I disagree about D10, he is on happy pills these days (joke) just like Diesel, either that or he went to a Botox doctor (joke as well)

affraid No, I totally disagree. He needs to be in more episodes!! Twisted Evil
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Diesel10 wrote:
TheGuysCast2 wrote:I disagree about D10, he is on happy pills these days (joke) just like Diesel, either that or he went to a Botox doctor (joke as well)

affraid  No, I totally disagree. He needs to be in more episodes!! Twisted Evil

Ok! Go and watch D10 with his happy pills and Botox modifications! I'm fine with that! I guess those are the episodes I won't watch unless they bring his old self back
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tugboatfan4 Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:20 am

I kinda find it funny that they brought back Butch first and gave him an episode, who frankly I don't mind and wish we see my often, before Trevor. Besides that, I hope they do more road-based episodes, even though the show is about trains, every once in a while to spice things up a bit. They were kinda do that with Flynn for a bit, but I really hope they do an episode like that with Bertie, Butch, Terence, George, Trevor, or even Bulgy. It would be cool to see how they handle it and since these characters on a roadway they can interact with more than one railway too.
Tugboatfan4
Tugboatfan4
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSodor23 Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:55 pm

I think the non-rail vehicles are the ones with the most potential. Especially George. However, I think the engine who has the most potential is Daisy. She could use her past experiences to teach Dennis to stop being lazy. That'd be a good way to bring them both back. Speaking of Dennis, I think he and Neville would look amazing in CGI, especially considering their models.
NWSodor23
NWSodor23
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:56 pm

NWSodor23 wrote:Speaking of Dennis, I think he and Neville would look amazing in CGI, especially considering their models.

If I had to pick two New Series characters to return, those would be the two! They both have a lot of untapped potential! Although I've always liked to think Dennis was sent away in disgrace after Thomas' Day Off.
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:06 pm

I would like to see Molly again, as we only have two big female tender engines, Catlin and Emily. I think she would fit in with Emily, Gordon, Henry and James as a main line engine.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Tugboatfan4 Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:51 pm

I don't think Bulstrode will come back, but for someone to have episodes with Captain could possibly be Skiff. He and Captain would make a good pair together. I can imagine Skiff and Captain being the main characters of an episode with Salty and Porter being supporting characters during the episode.
Tugboatfan4
Tugboatfan4
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by sailing on starways Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:55 pm

Tugboatfan4 wrote:I don't think Bulstrode will come back, but for someone to have episodes with Captain could possibly be Skiff. He and Captain would make a good pair together. I can imagine Skiff and Captain being the main characters of an episode with Salty and Porter being supporting characters during the episode.

That would be cool Smile
sailing on starways
sailing on starways
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next