Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

+52
Thomas Fan 2018
MainLineEngine112
Finn Tracy
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Neverlander22
Frankthetriviaman
TTTEFan1997
ScruffyRat1992
Superiosity
TheThomas120
vinnyvincevvs5
PolkaDotSideplates
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Toz76
OliverthewesternEngine11
Diesel 11
Petersamthenumber4
zachthethomasfan2001
Doc Knickerbocker
Hornbyfan1000
LadysM.Railroad
Teddy & Co.
duckfan9
Wellsworth1888
sailing on starways
Jace Maceo Rooney
bbll22
Niceptic
Rosalinaloves844
Zeke
DarthShaymin14
Metamorphical
coringo
ThomasSirHandel
JadeStudios
IsleofOdor
railwayfan03
NWSodor23
Dr. Alphys
Maxx Walkerling
Jamie Parker
JRCS
ThomasandStanley
TGC
Jwnewall
The Steampunk Whovian
ArthurEngine
Toby7
SkarloeyRailway
Number1Thomasfan1995
Tugboatfan4
WoodenRailwayStudio
56 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 10 Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by ThomasSirHandel Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:16 am

If George returns there should be a sequel to Steam Roller. It would also give Sir Handel a staring role.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 10 Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:59 pm

To be honest I'd actually love to see that.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TTTEFan1997 Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:33 am

Honestly I'd like to see the Pack characters again. They would make for some great comedy relief on most episodes, as they seem to make a lot of mistakes, especially Ned. I'd like to see them in a few episodes.

TTTEFan1997
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:53 pm

And it might make a few plot points, like instead of having the signalmen fall asleep, maybe the Pack were working on the bridge ahead.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:33 am

SO I think at this point (in no particular order), we want the following to return:

BoCo
Duke
Arthur
Murdoch
Various Pack members
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:21 am

People apparently want Terence back too and I've heard a few say Elizabeth too. Razz
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:26 am

Oh yes, I forgot Terrence; thanks Don.

When Terrence returns, I think that will make it that all of the original rail vehicles have returned (Bertie, Terrence, Trevor)
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:58 pm

Well, I've just spent half an hour looking through all 16 pages of this thread, and tallying up which characters we want to see. These are my results: (There were 300 total 'votes'.)

10. Stepney (10 'votes'/3% of total)
Stepney is a character that I wouldn't mind returning to the series, as I've always liked him. However, considering that he's a real engine, perhaps they should make that clear if he does return, or just have him visit again.

9. Molly (12/4%)
I'm surprised that Molly is so high. I like how she looks, and I like her overall, and indeed, wouldn't mind seeing her return, but that she was liked more than some other characters (for instance, Elizabeth) is quite surprising!

8. George (14/5%)
George, in my opinion, should indeed return. His rivalry with the engines would add quite a lot to the series, and would make for some interesting scenes.

7. The Remaining Pack Members (14/5%)
With Alfie, Oliver, Max, and Monty returned in SLOTLT, I don't think it's too much to ask for the rest of them to return! Ned, for one, would work well together with Marion.

6. Trevor (23/8%)
Trevor is a classic character – saved from scrap, he has warmed many a heart. Perhaps this could add something for the series; Trevor finds someone about to be scrapped, and saves it...?

5. Murdoch (24/8%)
Murdoch is one of the best characters from Season 7. He is the strongest engine on the Island, and thus would be quite useful with heavy loads. Perhaps he gets into a rivalry with Spencer?

4. Arthur (25/8%)
I was surprised to see how popular Arthur was, but it makes sense – he and Henry could work together quite well when it comes to the Flying Kipper, as Arthur actually likes fish.

3. Terence (25/8%)
Terence is definitely an underdone character. He hasn't appeared very often, even in the Railway Series. If he returned, he would most definitely add something to the show. Perhaps a flashback to "Thomas, Terence and the Snow"?

2. Duke (25/8%)
Duke is a beloved character who only got a spotlight in four episodes. If he returned, it would definitely be nice to hear him talk of 'the old days', as he's one of the oldest – and wisest – engines on Sodor.

1. BoCo (30/10%)
Not surprised here! BoCo is one of the most mentioned characters when it comes to returning to the series. He last appeared in Season 5 – not very long for a character, and despite being somewhat bland, it would be nice to show that some diesels aren't bad at all; nay, quite the opposite. I'd definitely like to see him return, and it's nice that he got the top spot here.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Neverlander22 Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:38 am

if they do return, here's what I think would be good voice actors:

Elizabeth: Sandra Dickinson

Caroline: Morwenna Banks

Duke: Bob Golding

Murdoch: Matt Wilkinson

Mighty Mac: Keith Wickham [Mighty], and Rob Rackstraw [Mac]

Fearless Freddie: Same as Duke

Bertram: Rasmus Hardiker
Neverlander22
Neverlander22
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:38 am

Personally, I'd rather Mighty Mac not return. I mentioned this once on SiF, so it is relevant here too:

The problem with Mighty Mac is, he's pretty much run his course. His initial, starring episode illustrated exactly what the writer intended to show- how two engines of entirely different personalities, yet are stuck together, have to work together in order to be really useful. Case and point- the subsequent episodes Mighty Mac appeared in- about 16 episodes or so between Season 9 and 12, he always appeared in a cameo capacity, either not speaking, or saying something but not really contributing anything to the plot.

In short, while I do like the uniqueness of the double Fairlie, I just can't get past Mighty Mac's one-dimensional character and lack of potential.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Neverlander22 Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:55 am

Frankthetriviaman wrote:Personally, I'd rather Mighty Mac not return.  I mentioned this once on SiF, so it is relevant here too:

The problem with Mighty Mac is, he's pretty much run his course. His initial, starring episode illustrated exactly what the writer intended to show- how two engines of entirely different personalities, yet are stuck together, have to work together in order to be really useful. Case and point- the subsequent episodes Mighty Mac appeared in- about 16 episodes or so between Season 9 and 12, he always appeared in a cameo capacity, either not speaking, or saying something but not really contributing anything to the plot.

In short, while I do like the uniqueness of the double Fairlie, I just can't get past Mighty Mac's one-dimensional character and lack of potential.

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 10 Latest?cb=20140414111827 We'll kill you!Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 10 Latest?cb=20140413231529 yes we will! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Neverlander22
Neverlander22
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaromir Jagr's Mullet Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:27 am

Okay, I'm a bit biased here since I grew up pretty much on top of the old PRR, and it's a long shot, but I'd say Hank.

1) We have Connor and Caitlin, both of whom are based off of contemporaries of Hank's basis (and rivals in the NYC-CHI market). Creates potential for some rivalries and is very much reminiscent of the old TRS-based episodes. With the new writers, this could get very interesting.
2) The two surviving locomotives in his class have already been accounted for. This leaves his backstory very much up for grabs. Was he a wreck bought at a knockdown price and operationally restored, for instance?
3) He only appeared in one episode, and that was a pre-CGI episode at that. Characterization is completely up for grabs and putting him into scenarios other than the one bottle episode he was in would help. For instance, apart from a rivalry with Connor and Caitlin, how would he interact with Gordon or Flying Scotsman?
4) His absence helps a complete character retcon or reboot. We already know how he was a flat character in his only appearance, but taking him out of the bottle episode and putting him in a larger cast would only help character development. Remember that TRS was originally created as a way to entertain a kid when he was sick with the measles with secondary moral characteristics. His sole appearance in a "pride goeth before the fall" episode did not fulfill any character development beyond "big American loco".
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:12 am

Frankthetriviaman wrote:Personally, I'd rather Mighty Mac not return.  I mentioned this once on SiF, so it is relevant here too:

Yeah I don't really see how any characters introduced between Seasons 9-12 who haven't appeared in the CGI series yet would return.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:17 pm

GeorgeCarlin wrote:Okay, I'm a bit biased here since I grew up pretty much on top of the old PRR, and it's a long shot, but I'd say Hank.

1) We have Connor and Caitlin, both of whom are based off of contemporaries of Hank's basis (and rivals in the NYC-CHI market). Creates potential for some rivalries and is very much reminiscent of the old TRS-based episodes. With the new writers, this could get very interesting.
2) The two surviving locomotives in his class have already been accounted for. This leaves his backstory very much up for grabs. Was he a wreck bought at a knockdown price and operationally restored, for instance?
3) He only appeared in one episode, and that was a pre-CGI episode at that. Characterization is completely up for grabs and putting him into scenarios other than the one bottle episode he was in would help. For instance, apart from a rivalry with Connor and Caitlin, how would he interact with Gordon or Flying Scotsman?
4) His absence helps a complete character retcon or reboot. We already know how he was a flat character in his only appearance, but taking him out of the bottle episode and putting him in a larger cast would only help character development. Remember that TRS was originally created as a way to entertain a kid when he was sick with the measles with secondary moral characteristics. His sole appearance in a "pride goeth before the fall" episode did not fulfill any character development beyond "big American loco".

I think the thing with Hank is (correct me if I'm wrong) that he's too big to fit on Sodor. Otherwise, other fans might like him better.

Frankthetriviaman wrote:Personally, I'd rather Mighty Mac not return. I mentioned this once on SiF, so it is relevant here too:

I think there's still potential with him, if not as a main character, than as a secondary or background character. The writing team we have now is utterly brilliant - I'm sure that they could do something with Mighty Mac.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaromir Jagr's Mullet Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Diesel 11 wrote:
GeorgeCarlin wrote:Okay, I'm a bit biased here since I grew up pretty much on top of the old PRR, and it's a long shot, but I'd say Hank.

I think the thing with Hank is (correct me if I'm wrong) that he's too big to fit on Sodor. Otherwise, other fans might like him better.

Rule of thumb: If it's American or Canadian, the loading gauge is too big for Sodor. Really, the only exception to this is Rosie, because her basis was American-built but designed for export to Britain. If Hank goes due to loading gauge, there go Connor and Caitlin (to say nothing of Sam-apparently Lady's coal dust keeps Sodor from tipping over as well).

I'm pretty sure that Brenner, Moore, et al are aware of the loading gauge problem and have already dismissed it as confusing to younger viewers. You've already got track gauge worked into the plot, loading gauge would just induce migraines on kindergarteners, and we can't have that, now, can we?
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:21 pm

GeorgeCarlin wrote:
Diesel 11 wrote:

Rule of thumb: If it's American or Canadian, the loading gauge is too big for Sodor. Really, the only exception to this is Rosie, because her basis was American-built but designed for export to Britain. If Hank goes due to loading gauge, there go Connor and Caitlin (to say nothing of Sam-apparently Lady's coal dust keeps Sodor from tipping over as well).

I'm pretty sure that Brenner, Moore, et al are aware of the loading gauge problem and have already dismissed it as confusing to younger viewers. You've already got track gauge worked into the plot, loading gauge would just induce  migraines on kindergarteners, and we can't have that, now, can we?
Nope! Razz

TBH, I don't really care what the writers do. I even like the 'Dark Era' (outside of some really bad episodes, like "Wonky Whistle", and really bad characters, like Billy), so I personally would be fine if he did return.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:48 pm

I would like to see BoCo return the most.

Back to top Go down

Post by Neverlander22 Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:17 am

JLT090 wrote:I would like to see BoCo return the most.

if so, voice him by Richard E. Grant pleez!
Neverlander22
Neverlander22
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:48 am

Neverlander22 wrote:
JLT090 wrote:I would like to see BoCo return the most.

if so, voice him by Richard E. Grant pleez!

That would be nice. Very Happy

But I would like to see his personality done right, because I don't want a BoCo that is like James or Gordon.

Although, I expect the current team to do a good job with his personality though.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:28 am

Out of all the characters I want to return, I want BoCo and Duke (in a tie) the most.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Neverlander22 Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:00 am

ThomasSirHandel wrote:Out of all the characters I want to return, I want BoCo and Duke (in a tie) the most.

me too. and bring back Fearless Freddie
Neverlander22
Neverlander22
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn Tracy Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:38 pm

I really want Duke to return, along with maybe several other Skarloey Railway engines.
Finn Tracy
Finn Tracy
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Neverlander22 Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Finn Tracy wrote:I really want Duke to return, along with maybe several other Skarloey Railway engines.

me too
Neverlander22
Neverlander22
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:08 pm

No, Fearless Freddie should not return, for three reasons-

1) He was basically a lazy replacement for Duke

2) His backstory makes no sense- How can he be older than Skarloey and Rheneas and "know the old lines" when Skarloey and Rheneas are at least 40 years older than him and have been there longer than most other engines

3) Ivo Hugh should be number 7, not Freddie
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Neverlander22 Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:51 am

if Ivo Hugh does appear in the show, Freddie would feel a bit jealous.
Neverlander22
Neverlander22
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next