What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by Jaromir Jagr's Mullet on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:27 am

Well, while we're still dreaming, "Super Rescue" could fit in nicely with Thomas as the narrator.

Of course, this assumes that Mattel knows what they're doing, and frankly the burden of proof is on them to show that that's indeed the case.
avatar
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Posts : 377
Join date : 2016-03-18
Age : 23
Location : On Jagr's head. Duh.

Back to top Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sun May 06, 2018 2:39 am

Im very nervous about the upcoming season to be honest... everything I have seen about BWBA has been... less than amazing, and I'm

Spoiler:
not particularly fond of the cartoony look of the new season. We don't need another Chuggington...
avatar
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 7251
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 24
Location : New York, United States

Back to top Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by EdwardN.W.R. on Sun May 20, 2018 2:46 pm

I would like to see Duke. He is a very interesting engine.
avatar
EdwardN.W.R.
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Posts : 22
Join date : 2018-05-16
Location : Pensacola Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by TunefulToots on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:29 pm

I have a lot of obscure characters that most people either hate, or don't care about, but I want them back. So, here they are.

Molly: In a day and age where weird accusations of Thomas are running wild, (Such as the show supposedly being sexist) Molly would be a perfect solution to stop the ever growing criticism that the show is  sexist, and would bring in another female engine to the group. While she already had somewhat of a supporting role in S9 - S11, if you brought her back, you could make her somewhat of a higher supporting role (Something along the lines of Diesel, Belle, Daisy, or Ryan.)

Murdoch: There's not really a reason why I want him back other than the fact that he's one of my favorite characters. Sadly, he didn't get much of a character in S7 - S12, with a persona similar to that of what EE93 gave him, he could work.

Fearless Freddie: Freddie could work as somewhat as a Mermaid Man-esque character. A character that's old, yet still thinks they can do what they did when they were young. It would also fit well into his Dare Devil persona.

Derek: Derek could act as somewhat of an alternate Timothy. Rather than being naïve and believing in Bill and Ben's tricks, Derek would be more responsible.

Neville, Madge, Mighty Mac, and the rest of the pack: I'd like to see how they would interact with most of the modern portrayals of characters. Especially the ones that already had dynamics with Characters that are in the show currently. (Such as Madge with the SKR engines, and the pack itself.)

And while technically not a returnee, I'd love to see Stanley have a major role in an episode. Last time we even heard him speak was back in Season 14. And that was 8 years ago.

And while not characters, I'd love to see The Wharf and Great Waterton appear in an episode.


Last edited by TunefulToots on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
TunefulToots
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-08-31
Location : In your closet

Back to top Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:46 pm

TunefulToots wrote:I have a lot of obscure characters that most people either hate, or don't care about, but I want them back. So, here they are.

Molly: In a day and age where weird accusations of Thomas are running wild, (Such as the show supposedly being sexist) Molly would be a perfect solution to stop the ever growing criticism that the show is  sexist, and would bring in another female engine to the group. While she already had somewhat of a supporting role in S9 - S11, if you brought her back, you could make her somewhat of a higher supporting role (Something along the lines of Diesel, Belle, Daisy, or Ryan.)

Murdoch: There's not really a reason why I want him back other than the fact that he's one of my favorite characters. Sadly, he didn't get much of a character in S7 - S12, with a persona similar to that of what EE93 gave him, he could work.

Mighty Mac: The only reason why I want them back other than the fact that they're pretty cool, is just to see how they would work in the recent portrayal of the Narrow Gauge Engines.

Fearless Freddie: Freddie could work as somewhat as a Mermaid Man-esque character. A character that's old, yet still thinks they can do what they did when they were young. It would also fit well into his Dare Devil persona.

Derek: Derek could act as somewhat of an alternate Timothy. Rather than being naïve and believing in Bill and Ben's tricks, Derek would be more responsible.

Neville: Same reason as Mighty Mac.

And while technically not a returnee, I'd love to see Stanley have a major role in an episode. Last time we even heard him speak was back in Season 14. And that was 8 years ago.

And while not characters, I'd love to see The Wharf and Great Waterton appear in an episode.

Stanley never spoke in Season 14. The first time he spoke on CGI was in Season 15. And he also spoke in Season 20.

Also, opinions are opinions but that doesn’t change the fact that I’m a bit disappointed that you didn’t mention my boi Dennis.
avatar
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1098
Join date : 2016-06-22
Location : Vicarstown

Back to top Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by TunefulToots on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:33 pm

MainLineEngine112 wrote:
TunefulToots wrote:I have a lot of obscure characters that most people either hate, or don't care about, but I want them back. So, here they are.

Molly: In a day and age where weird accusations of Thomas are running wild, (Such as the show supposedly being sexist) Molly would be a perfect solution to stop the ever growing criticism that the show is  sexist, and would bring in another female engine to the group. While she already had somewhat of a supporting role in S9 - S11, if you brought her back, you could make her somewhat of a higher supporting role (Something along the lines of Diesel, Belle, Daisy, or Ryan.)

Murdoch: There's not really a reason why I want him back other than the fact that he's one of my favorite characters. Sadly, he didn't get much of a character in S7 - S12, with a persona similar to that of what EE93 gave him, he could work.

Mighty Mac: The only reason why I want them back other than the fact that they're pretty cool, is just to see how they would work in the recent portrayal of the Narrow Gauge Engines.

Fearless Freddie: Freddie could work as somewhat as a Mermaid Man-esque character. A character that's old, yet still thinks they can do what they did when they were young. It would also fit well into his Dare Devil persona.

Derek: Derek could act as somewhat of an alternate Timothy. Rather than being naïve and believing in Bill and Ben's tricks, Derek would be more responsible.

Neville: Same reason as Mighty Mac.

And while technically not a returnee, I'd love to see Stanley have a major role in an episode. Last time we even heard him speak was back in Season 14. And that was 8 years ago.

And while not characters, I'd love to see The Wharf and Great Waterton appear in an episode.

Stanley never spoke in Season 14. The first time he spoke on CGI was in Season 15. And he also spoke in Season 20.

Also, opinions are opinions but that doesn’t change the fact that I’m a bit disappointed that you didn’t mention my boi Dennis.

Wait, Stanley spoke in Season 20? Woah.

Also, I forgot Dennis, though he probably has the second best thing going for him if he returns. (Molly definitely having the first with basically being a counter-attack to the sexist argument) The show's going in a more comedic direction, and Dennis could be a perfect comic relief character.
avatar
TunefulToots
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-08-31
Location : In your closet

Back to top Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:42 am

TunefulToots wrote:
MainLineEngine112 wrote:
TunefulToots wrote:I have a lot of obscure characters that most people either hate, or don't care about, but I want them back. So, here they are.

Molly: In a day and age where weird accusations of Thomas are running wild, (Such as the show supposedly being sexist) Molly would be a perfect solution to stop the ever growing criticism that the show is  sexist, and would bring in another female engine to the group. While she already had somewhat of a supporting role in S9 - S11, if you brought her back, you could make her somewhat of a higher supporting role (Something along the lines of Diesel, Belle, Daisy, or Ryan.)

Murdoch: There's not really a reason why I want him back other than the fact that he's one of my favorite characters. Sadly, he didn't get much of a character in S7 - S12, with a persona similar to that of what EE93 gave him, he could work.

Mighty Mac: The only reason why I want them back other than the fact that they're pretty cool, is just to see how they would work in the recent portrayal of the Narrow Gauge Engines.

Fearless Freddie: Freddie could work as somewhat as a Mermaid Man-esque character. A character that's old, yet still thinks they can do what they did when they were young. It would also fit well into his Dare Devil persona.

Derek: Derek could act as somewhat of an alternate Timothy. Rather than being naïve and believing in Bill and Ben's tricks, Derek would be more responsible.

Neville: Same reason as Mighty Mac.

And while technically not a returnee, I'd love to see Stanley have a major role in an episode. Last time we even heard him speak was back in Season 14. And that was 8 years ago.

And while not characters, I'd love to see The Wharf and Great Waterton appear in an episode.

Stanley never spoke in Season 14. The first time he spoke on CGI was in Season 15. And he also spoke in Season 20.

Also, opinions are opinions but that doesn’t change the fact that I’m a bit disappointed that you didn’t mention my boi Dennis.

Wait, Stanley spoke in Season 20? Woah.

Also, I forgot Dennis, though he probably has the second best thing going for him if he returns. (Molly definitely having the first with basically being a counter-attack to the sexist argument) The show's going in a more comedic direction, and Dennis could be a perfect comic relief character.

He spoke in Pouty James, I believe. He’s had a couple very small roles in a few episodes here and there ever since Season 18.

Dennis would be such a great comedy character. Plus, they could use him to finally do something with Norman too. The two long lost bros would clash so perfectly! Norman breaks down a lot but tries his best (so we’ve been told), and Dennis pretends to break down to avoid having to try at all. The dynamic would be so interesting!
avatar
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1098
Join date : 2016-06-22
Location : Vicarstown

Back to top Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by TGC on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:09 pm

With Mattel’s current mindset I see a lot of opportunity for returnees. Flora, as a tram, is very unique compared to other characters, and if Great Waterton came back she and Stanley could run a branch there, Hell, the shed in great Waterton has 2 spots.

Isabella is a female character that could be interesting to see in stories, especially how a bunch of pack characters are returning, and you know how much Mattel loves selling merch of pack characters we haven’t seen in 10 years

Victoria from the RWS would also work, if they decided to adapt those stories.

avatar
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Posts : 825
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 18
Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by ThomasSirHandel on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:46 pm

I honestly wonder if the writers are just saving BoCo for something in the future. Like maybe Peel Godred or Kirk Ronan? I would rather have BoCo been working on an unexplored part of the island all these years than just using the lame excuse that he was on the mainland.
avatar
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 2176
Join date : 2015-02-18
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by Diesel 11 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:12 am

But what part of the Island is unexplored at this point? That trope has been used so often I think it'd make more sense to have him be on the Mainland.
avatar
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 5469
Join date : 2015-03-22
Location : My head.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:49 am

To be fair we haven't seen Culdee Fell yet... but yes I see your point; there's so many abandoned parts of Sodor you gotta stop and wonder how the island even survives if half of it is abandoned places and the other half is forests.
avatar
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 7251
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 24
Location : New York, United States

Back to top Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by Diesel 11 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:22 am

I mean, yeah, there is Culdee Fell and Peel Godred. Actually, you could reintroduce him very well if you said he was working with the electric engines, and then use that board to spring off from and actually introduce said engines.

But otherwise, I dunno.
avatar
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 5469
Join date : 2015-03-22
Location : My head.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum