Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

+52
Thomas Fan 2018
MainLineEngine112
Finn Tracy
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Neverlander22
Frankthetriviaman
TTTEFan1997
ScruffyRat1992
Superiosity
TheThomas120
vinnyvincevvs5
PolkaDotSideplates
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Toz76
OliverthewesternEngine11
Diesel 11
Petersamthenumber4
zachthethomasfan2001
Doc Knickerbocker
Hornbyfan1000
LadysM.Railroad
Teddy & Co.
duckfan9
Wellsworth1888
sailing on starways
Jace Maceo Rooney
bbll22
Niceptic
Rosalinaloves844
Zeke
DarthShaymin14
Metamorphical
coringo
ThomasSirHandel
JadeStudios
IsleofOdor
railwayfan03
NWSodor23
Dr. Alphys
Maxx Walkerling
Jamie Parker
JRCS
ThomasandStanley
TGC
Jwnewall
The Steampunk Whovian
ArthurEngine
Toby7
SkarloeyRailway
Number1Thomasfan1995
Tugboatfan4
WoodenRailwayStudio
56 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 11 Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by ThomasSirHandel Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:00 am

Frankthetriviaman wrote:No, Fearless Freddie should not return, for three reasons-

1) He was basically a lazy replacement for Duke

2) His backstory makes no sense- How can he be older than Skarloey and Rheneas and "know the old lines" when Skarloey and Rheneas are at least 40 years older than him and have been there longer than most other engines

3) Ivo Hugh should be number 7, not Freddie
I feel like Duke should be 7 and Ivo Hugh should be 8 as Duke came before Ivo Hugh.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 11 Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by Diesel 11 Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:00 pm

ThomasSirHandel wrote:
Frankthetriviaman wrote:No, Fearless Freddie should not return, for three reasons-

1) He was basically a lazy replacement for Duke

2) His backstory makes no sense- How can he be older than Skarloey and Rheneas and "know the old lines" when Skarloey and Rheneas are at least 40 years older than him and have been there longer than most other engines

3) Ivo Hugh should be number 7, not Freddie
I feel like Duke should be 7 and Ivo Hugh should be 8 as Duke came before Ivo Hugh.
I think it would work out if Freddie was 7, Duke was 8, and Ivo Hugh was 9.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:17 pm

I think Freddie was pointless and I think the original six Skarloey Railway engines along with Duke would of worked for the Skarloey Railway after Season 4 with maybe Ivo Hugh being introduced in Season 7 as number 8.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Neverlander22 Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:57 am

ThomasSirHandel wrote:I think Freddie was pointless and I think the original six Skarloey Railway engines along with Duke would of worked for the Skarloey Railway after Season 4 with maybe Ivo Hugh being introduced in Season 7 as number 8.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
HOW DARE YOU CALL FEARLESS FREDDIE POINTLESS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Neverlander22
Neverlander22
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:58 pm

What's wrong with an opinion?
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Neverlander22 Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:12 am

ThomasSirHandel wrote:What's wrong with an opinion?

i was just angry
Neverlander22
Neverlander22
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:04 pm

I can't remember if I've said this one yet, but Murdoch has a lot of potential IMO, and I'd love to see him return.
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:22 pm

Toz76 wrote:I can't remember if I've said this one yet, but Murdoch has a lot of potential IMO, and I'd love to see him return.
Agreed, he was always one of my favorite Season 7 characters, and I think that he would be a good one to bring back.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheThomas120 Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:49 am

Murdoch should return in Season 20, as it would be nice to see more of his persona.
TheThomas120
TheThomas120
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:21 am

My top choices for returning characters are Terence, BoCo, Duke, George, Derek, the rest of the Pack, Arthur, Molly, and Dennis. Here's why:

Terence: He'd be a cool way to have someone not owned by Sir Topham Hatt, the Earl, or Mr. Percival. He stands out with his unique design an bright color. He's a blank slate in terms of personality. They could do a lot with him. I could see him being really snaky and smart alec, based on what little we've got from him. Additionally, he could bring a tighter dynamic to the Ffarquhar Branch fleet.

BoCo: Everyone's covered this. I don't really have anything else on him.

Duke: He's a narrow gauge engine, and he's got plenty of unique personality, being very strict and proud of his title and background. Sorry of a mix of Skarloey and Duck. Plus there's a lot of possibility for some great stories, given that Sir Robert Norramby is his curt grace. I'd also love to see a Duke/Duncan episode, or a Duke/Luke episode.

George: He'd be a great road villain. Plus, he's got a very unique shape, and he would certainly stand out on the shelf. I could see some hilarious stories with him harassing the engines.

Derek: I've always had a soft spot for him. Plus, I think he's work well alongside the other Clay Pits and Branch engines. He's also another one of them bigger diesels, which we are seriously lacking.

The Pack: All of them would provide some great merchandising, plus, I really enjoyed the dynamic they had, and wish it could be developed more. The only member I'm not too fond of is Buster. Personally, I just don't see anything special about him. He looks just like George, who'd be a better returnee anyways, and he acts basically the same as Ned. I'm not against him coming back, in fact, I'd like him to do e can have the whole gang together, but if I had to choose one to leave behind, It'd be him.

Arthur: It's be cool to have another big tank engine, and having him could open up some great possibilities with him on the Norramby Branch Line. Additionally, his persona is not something we have, and I think he could add a lot.

Molly: She's got very eye-catching paint, and shed for right in on the main line. We could always use more females, and we really don't have anyone with her shy persona. Luke is the closest we have, but either way, he's on the Skarloey Railway.

Dennis: Like Derek, I have a soft spot for Dennis. I do honestly think though, that he could open up some great possibilities. We don't really have any lazy characters. Even Daisy, who has had a redemption anyways, wasn't really "lazy." She was just very stubborn and picky about what work she did. Dennis is just idle and is somewhat of a compulsive liar. That alone could be an interesting pair right there. I kind of see Dennis as a laid back, rebellious angsty teenager, which could be cool to see. Also, he's Norman's brother. That could provide some hilarious stories, and some good development for both of them. One thing I'd want then to do though is make them different ages. Since Gordon and the Flying Scotsman have established that engines can have a "little brother, and that siblings don't have to be twins, I think we can do that. I mean, just look at their faces. Dennis' face is smooth and kind of childish, while Norman's is wrinkly, and he has a huge unibrow. Plus, as I said earlier, Dennis is rather angsty, and pretty immature, while Norman seems to be a bit wiser, not to mention the fact that his engine is faulty could point to him being older. Looking at the two, Dennis definitely looks like the younger brother, and if they bring him back (which I really hope they do) I hope they make Norman the older brother.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:02 am

Oh, and I'd also want to add Murdoch and Elizabeth to that list, for reasons discussed throughout this discussion.

Honorable mentions would be:
Stepney
Fergus
Caroline
Bulgy
Mighty Mac
Freddie
Colin (just because it'd be cool to see the Wharf)

Also, if we ever get to go to the mainland again, like in TGR, it'd be cool to see D261 in the background, along with some other random BR diesels, like the five shunters who appeared in TGR.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:17 am

Apparently, Thomas is going to take over where Disney gave up (Gigantic was cancelled) and star in a Golden Book based on Jack and the Beanstalk.

Now, my Deviantart friend Madison (MaddGirlz3761) found the Amazon listing for the book, and noticed this in the description (highlighted by her):

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 11 Is_lady_returning_in_a_book_______by_maddgirlz3761-dbt63xb

One person assumed Proteus was the "tiny golden steam engine", but I highly doubt it. Who even remembers him anymore? The 'other' such character, however, was/is a lot more familiar to the audiences, and was even introduced in the only Thomas film that was an actual cinematic release. So, is it possible that Lady will indeed be used in this book? I'd like to find out.

Last edited by TheIsraeliSudrian on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeke Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:39 pm

I would love BoCo, George and Bulstrode to return.

Zeke
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Fan 2018 Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:24 pm

I would like to see Stepney, Pip, Emma and D261.

Thomas Fan 2018
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boundless Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:49 pm

I would like to see...
S.C. Ruffey: Would make a great villain.
The lorries: would be great to ntgonize the engines???? wink wink Mattel (filler)
George: He was great for a bully and we need more lessons on how kids should stand up to bullies.
The Boundless
The Boundless
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

I would like to see...
The lorries: would be great to ntgonize the engines???? wink wink Mattel (filler)
George: He was great for a bully and we need more lessons on how kids should stand up to bullies.
The Boundless
The Boundless
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

I would like to see...
The Boundless
The Boundless
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

I would like to see...
The Boundless
The Boundless
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

I would like to see...
The Boundless
The Boundless
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

I would like to see...
The Boundless
The Boundless
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:51 pm

Hey Boundless, lets try not to spam, okay? No need to post the same message so many times.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boundless Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:09 pm

Oh sorry i used my phone it kept saying it wasn't sending I was so confused.
The Boundless
The Boundless
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Spoiler:
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boundless Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:21 am

Mattel is starting to recover...
The Boundless
The Boundless
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:54 am

I don’t know. Don’t jump to conclusions just yet. “Fans should look for surprises” could mean anything. Granted, S21 did have some nice surprises with Bulgy and Big Mickey, but A, I can’t say for sure if stuff like that is gonna keep up, and B, I don’t know if that’ll fix the damage done.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next