Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

+52
Thomas Fan 2018
MainLineEngine112
Finn Tracy
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Neverlander22
Frankthetriviaman
TTTEFan1997
ScruffyRat1992
Superiosity
TheThomas120
vinnyvincevvs5
PolkaDotSideplates
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Toz76
OliverthewesternEngine11
Diesel 11
Petersamthenumber4
zachthethomasfan2001
Doc Knickerbocker
Hornbyfan1000
LadysM.Railroad
Teddy & Co.
duckfan9
Wellsworth1888
sailing on starways
Jace Maceo Rooney
bbll22
Niceptic
Rosalinaloves844
Zeke
DarthShaymin14
Metamorphical
coringo
ThomasSirHandel
JadeStudios
IsleofOdor
railwayfan03
NWSodor23
Dr. Alphys
Maxx Walkerling
Jamie Parker
JRCS
ThomasandStanley
TGC
Jwnewall
The Steampunk Whovian
ArthurEngine
Toby7
SkarloeyRailway
Number1Thomasfan1995
Tugboatfan4
WoodenRailwayStudio
56 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by SkarloeyRailway Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:08 am

MaxxWalkerling wrote:I would like to see the Scottish Twins Return, because i'm Scottish as well. Smile
And maybe some of the engines that didn't get enough screen time, like Boco or Daisy.

You're in luck:

Spoiler:
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

http://ttte.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by railwayfan03 Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:16 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Molly make a return. She may not have been very popular with many fans, but I like her and I see great potential in her character.
railwayfan03
railwayfan03
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Molly is very much a blank slate. It'd be interesting to see what the new team does with her! We do need a more feminine presence on the Island. I'd bring back Daisy first, as she's a much stronger character than Molly.
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by IsleofOdor Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:41 am

1. Trevor: Trevor is an unused character. Nitrogen made a model of Trevor but only used it twice which is a complete waste.
2. Terence: I love Terence, his theme, personality. He would be perfect.
3. BoCo: I love the current clay pits dynamic but I would like to see the original dynamic.
4. Alfie: So Jack returned in KOTR and Oliver, Max and Monty bave been confirmed to return in SLOTLT but someone feels missing. I'm talking about Alfie. In KOTR, I felt that Alfie should of been there and he is probably one of the more popular pack members.
5. Arthur: If Norramby Beach returns, so should Arthur enough said.
IsleofOdor
IsleofOdor
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeStudios Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:43 pm

I think Duke would be a nice character to see back in the show.

The reason for this choice is according to Sir Robert Norramby wiki page he is Duke's latest owner. So it would a good reason for why bring Duke into the show. He could spend some episodes on the Skarloey railway, but then spend an episode helping when there are too many passages or there are goods to be delivered.

Now I know Duke seems a bit like Stephen with him being old. I have a feeling that Duke is more of an engine who sticks to the rules unlike Stephen who some times might not all the time, like in The Afternoon Tea Express where he got some of the other engines to help him go faster.

Anyway he didn't get much time for us to see more of his character and it would be nice to see him interact with some of the newer characters like Luke and Millie.
JadeStudios
JadeStudios
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:22 pm

I see Luke as a Very blank slate, so him interacting with Duke might bring him some character to make the story interesting.
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Why do you think Luke's a blank slate? He's been pretty well developed.
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:35 pm

I would like to see BoCo, Daisy, Bear, Derek, Pip, Emma, Murdoch, Stepney, Molly, Neville, Dennis, Duke, Terence, Trevor, Caroline, George and the rest of the pack return.

Last edited by ThomasSirHandel on Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by coringo Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Jack came back in King of the Railway, but I want Kelly's whole construction crew to come back

We have the Jack and the Pack episodes on DVD and they are some of my kids favorites
coringo
coringo
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

http://www.reddit.com/r/thomasthetankengine/

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:11 pm

I want to see the Scottish twins return

(I haven't seen anything such as a CGI promo image or a HIT entertainment release confirming their return, so at the moment I don't have anything to go on with if they will return. Is there anything else I should know about?)
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:22 pm

Frankthetriviaman: A voice actors website says he will be voicing them in the near future! Smile
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Metamorphical Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:57 am

Bulgy and George are my favorites to return. Why? Because every hero needs a villain. The TV show needs more villains. The Narrow gauge especially doesn't have anybody who remotely fits as a villain. George has an established rivalry with narrow gauge characters. Bulgy is ofcourse a good rival for the Western engines but that's not an urgent needs since James has a nice rivalry going with Duck now and he's been getting slotting into antagonistic roles. I actually James under the jerkbutt trope.
Metamorphical
Metamorphical
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

http://restorthemagic.org

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthShaymin14 Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:59 am

ThomasSirHandel wrote:I would like to see BoCo, Daisy, Bear, Derek, Pip, Emma, Murdoch, Stepney, Molly, Neville, Dennis, Duke, Terence, Trevor, Caroline, George and the rest of the pack return.
I think ALL of those returning is a bit steep, but I'd definitely like to see Terence, Trevor, George, Arthur, and Murdoch return. IK Arthur and Murdoch weren't used much but to be fair, we saw more of them in the TVS than we did of BoCo and Daisy.
DarthShaymin14
DarthShaymin14
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:41 am

DarthShaymin14 wrote:
ThomasSirHandel wrote:I would like to see BoCo, Daisy, Bear, Derek, Pip, Emma, Murdoch, Stepney, Molly, Neville, Dennis, Duke, Terence, Trevor, Caroline, George and the rest of the pack return.
I think ALL of those returning is a bit steep, but I'd definitely like to see Terence, Trevor, George, Arthur, and Murdoch return. IK Arthur and Murdoch weren't used much but to be fair, we saw more of them in the TVS than we did of BoCo and Daisy.
I know it would be a bit steep for one season, but they would return a few each seasons/specials. I think the Awdry characters should be brought back first.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:42 am

I think we'll be seeing more Awdry characters than 2004-2009 series characters TBH.
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:43 am

I don't know why I see him as a blank slate, he has had episodes but those don't show it to me, maybe I just happened to see the ones that don't have as much character to Luke, another thing is you may be mixing character with Backstory, Luke has an amazing backstory but not as much character.
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeke Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:27 pm

First thing first I would love the current characters already made get more development.

Norman, what does he do, what is his job, I like the look of him, and the monobrow gives him a bit of uniqueness, but he has never had a major role.

'Arry & Bert, I believe they have never had a story based on them, I would like to know why they wanted to scrap Steam engines, maybe an episode where they fall out, or one of them becomes friends with a steam engine were the other disapproves with the friendship, eventually the disproving Iron  Diesel gets in a accident, and the Steam Engine saves him.

Like many have said Trevor has already been rendered, so what's stopping him showing up more, even a hello to Edward when he's stopped at a station.

Returnees I would like to see:

Terence: Terence might actually be my favourite first series character, he has a great look, an uniqueness, and very helpful, maybe he can save someone from the snow or stuck in mud.

Boco:I'm a huge fan of BoCo, people need to remember he is the original friendly Diesel. He is very helpful and he can teach the children that not all the diesels are dopey (I'm looking at you Paxton) and unfriendly (most of the other Diesels).

George: We need more road based characters, George can be a big roll of this, he can make road for the road based characters, engines can deliver the materials for roadworks to him, he can get in a feud with a new character or even a friendship with Paxton (Paxton can get along with any character)

Also any return of the old characters mean more Take n Plays made, which means mroe for my collection haha. Razz

Zeke
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalinaloves844 Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:21 am

Well, I'm personally fine with the characters that have returned. I would really like to see characters like Stanley and Rosie to be a given some speaking roles in the later episodes. With the new characters coming in and piling up everything is just eck. Razz
Rosalinaloves844
Rosalinaloves844
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:04 pm

Hopefully, if TAB will sell well enough to earn a sequel, they would not skip Thomas, Terence and the Snow so they could get an opportunity to bring back Terence. He was never ever seen since his final appearance in TGD, and didn't even make it into S12 to get a CGI face. And he should not be replaced by another new character who would instantly become "near-forgotten" right after his debut like poor Glynn.

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:19 am

I'm just wondering about his face, I mean how will they animate those eyebrows and make them accurate enough to not be the new Henrietta.
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:38 pm

Who's face are you talking about?
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:33 pm

I brought up Terence, so he talked about his face and how it would be animated.

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Oh, I personally don't see how it would be too difficult Razz
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:35 pm

I always forget about the Non-rail characters. I always praise S5 for doing some human-based episodes, but it would be great to have some Non-rail character interactions. George and Caroline would have some good interactions. Maybe throw in Bulgy and Bertie as well.

Terence would be good too. I think I always found him underdeveloped with a neutral personality, but he's a nostalgic character and it would be good to see him again.

If they bring back BoCo, we could have more episodes on Edward's Branch Line, so they could bring in Trevor for more interactions.

I feel like they need more character driven episodes because when an episode is plot driven, either characters can get left out (such as Edward, Toby and Emily have been) or characters can be changed (like the NG engines in S11 and S12).
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:02 pm

Derek is an underrated character IMO, Derek is never talked about and teaches diesel mechanics without a learning segment, he is better than Norman who is pretty much a combo of Dennis and Derek, Derek could be the banker of the clay pits, and then we would have almost all the characters of Edward's branch line and the clay pits after BoCo and Trevor are introduced with Derek
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next