Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

+26
MainLineEngine112
TomTipperPostman
DonaldDouglasandToby6
The Steampunk Whovian
Diesel 11
Frankthetriviaman
PolkaDotSideplates
TaffyTheTankEngine
ArthurEngine
Doc Knickerbocker
Tugboatfan4
zachthethomasfan2001
Finn Tracy
NWSodor23
Niceptic
Idonotrunajamfactory
Toz76
railwayfan03
Toby7
Enterprisingengine93
ThomasSirHandel
JRCS
Tobias Jay
whyofbladez
SkarloeyRailway
IsleofOdor
30 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series - Page 9 Empty Re: Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:31 am

Maybe. I would love that! You have my support! Smile

And I think introducing Bear would be really cool as well. I would also like to see what will Bear and D199 will look like.

Back to top Go down

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series - Page 9 Empty Re: Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

Post by Frankthetriviaman Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:04 am

Hmmm... should we call it

#AdaptSuperRescueT&F or #T&FSuperRescueAdaption ?

Uh... on second thought, forget it. I'm terrible with hashtagging.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by OneJ_ Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:21 am

JLT090 wrote:Maybe. I would love that! You have my support!  Smile  

And I think introducing Bear would be really cool as well. I would also like to see what will Bear and D199 will look like.

Is it possible that Bear is already going to be introduced into the TV Series? If that poll from SiF is anything to go by, we may honestly have our shot of getting Bear period. Out of all the RWS characters who have yet to be introduced, I think he would be the most interesting because he and BoCo would give a sense of "diversity" with long and versatile diesels. It would also give the writers an opportunity to expand upon their persona. He would be a great addition if you ask me.

I also like the story "Super Rescue" as well.

Here's the poll if anyone wants to look at it: http://thesifblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/returning-characters-poll-results.html
OneJ_
OneJ_
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:28 am

OneJ: Thanks for the link for the SIF poll! That's nice to look at.

Frankthetriviaman: I think they're pretty good hashtags. I like the first one better than the second.

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:54 pm

Yeah, that's probably my favorite of all the polls that SiF have had over the years, very interesting to read.

If we're going to do #AdaptSuperRescueT&F, then maybe we should also do #AdaptMountainEnginesT&F Razz

I doubt the writers will be influenced by it, though.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:20 am

Yea, I think we would need a bigger community to influence them.

Again, the concern with mountain engines though- recall that even Reverend Awdry could only write four stories for them, suggesting a lack of potential for them.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:14 pm

The ERS has about three more Mountain Engine books - there's definitely potential for them!
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by OneJ_ Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:26 pm

JLT090 wrote:OneJ: Thanks for the link for the SIF poll! That's nice to look at.

Frankthetriviaman: I think they're pretty good hashtags. I like the first one better than the second.

You're welcome! I've been trying to look for this poll for the longest after hearing about it multiple times.
OneJ_
OneJ_
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:49 am

So.... #AdaptSuperRescueT&F then?

I got it!  What if, say, ten of us who have Facebook accounts go to the official Thomas and friends page, and at an agreed upon time, we all post the same thing, something to the effect of:

Hey Thomas and friends, can we see Super Rescue get adapted?  It's one of my favorite Railway Series stories!  #AdaptSuperRescueT&F

While ten may not sound like a lot, consider this: an experiment found that it takes a group as small as seven people to start a Mexican wave in a stadium of thousands, so if ten of us start the trend, well, just maybe it can be picked up.

Well, I am one, so nine to go, so any other volunteers?  (If its a dumb idea, never mind then)
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:50 pm

I think the writers have enough on their plates as it is - they don't need us to come and start begging for Super Rescue to be adapted. So many people are already doing basically that, it might actually start coming off as annoying, or even harassment.

I say we just be patient, they're already doing a lot of good as it is.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:41 pm

I don't have Facebook, but maybe a link to this page for support purposes? Or maybe another topic, where we just give support?

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:50 am

Well, it didn't go anywhere in the end

Ah well, at least it was an idea
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:58 pm

That's true. Who knows? Maybe one day we might get Super Rescue, or Bear! Only time will tell...

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:32 pm

Apparently some twitter user started a rumor that BoCo is returning in S20 but I'm not believing it until proof is found.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaromir Jagr's Mullet Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:09 pm

You mean if proof is found.

And if my aunt had wheels, she'd be a bus.
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:52 am

Really? I hope BoCo does return though, it would be nice to get him back, although I feel Timothy is kind of similar to BoCo when it comes to Bill and Ben.

"And if my aunt had wheels, she'd be a bus." Sorry asking, but I'm not sure if I really understand...

Last edited by Some1 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:01 am

I hope BoCo does return, I think he and Duke are the only remaining Awdry characters which have not returned to the series yet.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:10 am

And Terrence, Bulstrode, George, S. C. Ruffey...

Honestly, I never saw the appeal of BoCo. He's kind of boring and doesn't have much unique character. I wouldn't object to his return, but there's so many characters that deserve it more.
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by IcantpronounceTallylyn Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:05 am

Not sure why, but I have always wanted to see an episode version of "Old Stuck Up"...
IcantpronounceTallylyn
IcantpronounceTallylyn
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:14 am

IcantpronounceTallylyn wrote:Not sure why, but I have always wanted to see an episode version of "Old Stuck Up"...
There are a lot of unadapted RWS, annuals and magazine stories that I would of like to seen in Seasons 3-4 style.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:01 am

Sorry Toz, I should have been more specific... I meant that BoCo and Duke are the only Awdry character engines yet to return

Given the length of episodes today, would annuals have to be combined into larger stories in order to make an adequate episode?
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:40 pm

Yep. But combining stories is EASY.

(One I'd love to see is the one where paint falls into the river. It'd look sick animated!)
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:10 pm

In response to an earlier comment, here's something to consider-

given the length of episodes today, could a series 3/4 style episode work?
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:04 am

Maybe, as fans had made 8 minute Seasons 3-4 styled episodes before.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:44 pm

Toz76 wrote:And Terrence, Bulstrode, George, S. C. Ruffey...

Honestly, I never saw the appeal of BoCo. He's kind of boring and doesn't have much unique character. I wouldn't object to his return, but there's so many characters that deserve it more.
The thing with BoCo is, he was the first truly good diesel character. And I mean good not as a character, but good as personality. All the other diesels before him were bad, sometimes even mean. (I know what you're thinking, but to counter that, Daisy was not the greatest when she arrived on the Island, she was stuck up and lazy.)

BoCo however, right from the beginning, he's friendly and is an instant friend to the steam engines. This helped open the door for others, like Bear, and I think that's why he's still so popular today.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next