Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

+26
MainLineEngine112
TomTipperPostman
DonaldDouglasandToby6
The Steampunk Whovian
Diesel 11
Frankthetriviaman
PolkaDotSideplates
TaffyTheTankEngine
ArthurEngine
Doc Knickerbocker
Tugboatfan4
zachthethomasfan2001
Finn Tracy
NWSodor23
Niceptic
Idonotrunajamfactory
Toz76
railwayfan03
Toby7
Enterprisingengine93
ThomasSirHandel
JRCS
Tobias Jay
whyofbladez
SkarloeyRailway
IsleofOdor
30 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series Empty Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

Post by IsleofOdor Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:02 pm

What stories do you think should of been adapted and made for the TV Series. If you could replace them with any other RWS adaptions, which one would you replace?

Last edited by IsleofSodor on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting typo.)
IsleofOdor
IsleofOdor
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series Empty Re: Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:07 am

Personally, I want to see Super Rescue get adapted... one of the best RWS stories.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series Empty Re: Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

Post by SkarloeyRailway Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:21 am

Frankthetriviaman wrote:Personally, I want to see Super Rescue get adapted... one of the best RWS stories.

That would be something else! I'd love to see that too! We sort of got something similar in Henry's Hero, which is why I'm so fond of that episode. Smile
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

http://ttte.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by whyofbladez Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:25 am

I would have liked to see "Tenders for Henry" more faithful to the story than "Tender Engines" was.
They built Flying Scotsman's tenders. But why couldn't they like have used a standby model of Gordon or his Pilot model? Scotsman and Gordon are both the same basis, even with differences. Surely it couldn't have been that expensive..
whyofbladez
whyofbladez
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

http://bladez636.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IsleofOdor Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:29 am

I would've liked to see Drip Tank for Series 2 for 2 reasons. 1) The ending for Thomas, Percy and the Coal felt lazy and using Drip Tank to bring them back together would've made more sense. More importantly, Drip Tank should of been adapted because More About Thomas the Tank Engine was made to be adapted into the tv series and Drip Tank wasn't included. I would probably replace it with Cows.

I would've also liked to have seen Mrs Kindley's Christmas in Series 1 instead of Thomas' Christmas Party because it would have made more sense for that to be adapted.

Gordon Goes Foreign is my third choice and I would put it in Series 3 instead of Gordon and the Famous Visitor. It's a shame that it was cancelled though. Gordon Goes Foreign is an intresting story and imaganitive.

My last choice would be Super Rescue for Series 4 instead of Paint, Pots and Queens because I feel it is one of the best RWS stories. Luckily, there's Henry's Hero which has a simmilar aspect.
IsleofOdor
IsleofOdor
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Jay Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:02 am

I'm going to go with the majority and say Super Rescue. If a full Flying Scotsman model was made, the episode may have fit into Season 3. It also would have been nice to see Bear in the series. He wasn't used enough in the Railway Series.

Along with that, I would have liked to have seen Wilbert's story arc adapted. He's a nice character and his stories were quite enjoyable.
Tobias Jay
Tobias Jay
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 pm

Tobias Jay wrote:Along with that, I would have liked to have seen Wilbert's story arc adapted. He's a nice character and his stories were quite enjoyable.

I'm actually quite suprised they didn't try to adapt Wilbert the Forest Engine, to be honest. Its a perfect excuse to introduce more characters for merchandise reasons, plus they're some damn good stories! I have a feeling that Wilbert would end up moving to Sodor like Stpeney did, but I think that would have been fine. He could fulfil the austerity tank engine prophecy!
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:22 pm

I just watched a trainz adaption of Super Rescue and I think it would have fit perfectly in series 3 or 4 if they had the money for D199 and Bear. It would have given Henry some development that he lacked early on.

I think they could have reworked The Missing Coach. It's exclusion leaves a big hole with the D&D episodes in series 2.

I've always wanted to see Gordon Goes Foreign as well. They could have had Gordon going to St. Pancreas off screen and it would have run at 5 minutes perfectly.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Hullo Twins, The Missing Coach and Drip Tank for Season 2 and Percy Takes the Plunge would of been held back to Seasons 3-4.

Gordon Goes Foreign and Super Rescue would be for Seasons 3 or 4.

Stop Thief, Triple Header, Mavis and the Lorry and Toby Takes the Road should of been in Season 4. The Arlesdale Railway and Christopher Awdry's stories would of been for Seasons 5-7. Whistle Trouble would of been a good adaption.

The model crew could of repainted Bowler into Old Stuck Up and D199 with a few modifications.

Last edited by ThomasSirHandel on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Enterprisingengine93 Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:05 am

"Super Rescue" would be a pure win for me as well. I love that story and it's one of Henry's greatest triumphs. A tribute to his strength is a true credit to his character.
Honestly, Mattel, think of the merchandising opportunities for this episode. Everyone wins here. Wink

With the SLOLT developments, almost anything seems possible.
Enterprisingengine93
Enterprisingengine93
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkeafhI-B9lmSd99kpoo_eA

Back to top Go down

Post by IsleofOdor Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:36 am

Enterprisingengine93 wrote:"Super Rescue" would be a pure win for me as well. I love that story and it's one of Henry's greatest triumphs. A tribute to his strength is a true credit to his character.
Honestly, Mattel, think of the merchandising opportunities for this episode. Everyone wins here. Wink

With the SLOLT developments, almost anything seems possible.

I certainly agree with you. It would've been Henry's best story if it were adapted in the tv series. Though, Henry's Hero in Series 17 makes up for no Super Rescue adaption.
IsleofOdor
IsleofOdor
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:18 pm

I think it could have been the "Edward's Exploit" of the later classic series if they adapted it!
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:47 pm

SwitchMonkey wrote:I think it could have been the "Edward's Exploit" of the later classic series if they adapted it!

That's a cool way to put it. I totally agree! It would have made an awesome addition! Smile
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Enterprisingengine93 Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:13 am

It's interesting to think about, but if "The Adventure Begins" is a success, even the likes of "re-adaptations" are possible in CGI form. Imagine "Edward's Exploit" or "Old Iron" being done again. It's about time the kiddies know what a boss Edward actually is/supposed to be.

But hey, I think anything's possible now. Just as long as it catches us off guard.
Enterprisingengine93
Enterprisingengine93
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkeafhI-B9lmSd99kpoo_eA

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:28 am

Enterprisingengine93 wrote:It's interesting to think about, but if "The Adventure Begins" is a success, even the likes of "re-adaptations" are possible in CGI form. Imagine "Edward's Exploit" or "Old Iron" being done again. It's about time the kiddies know what a boss Edward actually is/supposed to be.

But hey, I think anything's possible now. Just as long as it catches us off guard.

I don't think they need to re-adapt any episodes after The Adventure Begins. They can just show reruns of the Classic Series on TV so the kids can see them.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by IsleofOdor Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:27 pm

ThomasSirHandel wrote:
Enterprisingengine93 wrote:It's interesting to think about, but if "The Adventure Begins" is a success, even the likes of "re-adaptations" are possible in CGI form. Imagine "Edward's Exploit" or "Old Iron" being done again. It's about time the kiddies know what a boss Edward actually is/supposed to be.

I don't think they need to re-adapt any episodes after The Adventure Begins. They can just show reruns of the Classic Series on TV so the kids can see them.

It's unlikely they would air the Classic Series on TV again. Nick Jr. stopped doing that back in 2011 I think. It's possible as it's Thomas's 70th anniversary. Then again, there's the Complete Series 1-7 on DVD.
IsleofOdor
IsleofOdor
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:52 pm

In the US Sprout aired classic episodes until 2012. I've emailed them asking to start airing them again Razz
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:21 pm

SwitchMonkey wrote:In the US Sprout aired classic episodes until 2012. I've emailed them asking to start airing them again Razz

The problem with Sprout was that they only showed selected classic episodes.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:13 pm

And why is that a problem? Razz
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by railwayfan03 Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Stories from the Railway series adapted? Hmm... well I think that the story *Mavis and the Lorry* from the book *Toby, Trucks and Trouble* would've been good for the 4th Season, taking place before the episode *Special Attractions*, it would've given Mavis some more time in the spotlight.
railwayfan03
railwayfan03
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:38 am

Personally, the ones I would want to see are: Gordon Goes Foreign, The Missing Coach, Super Rescue, and Stop Thief! Then again, considering the recent developments within the TV series, virtually everything is fair game.

Last edited by toz on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Idonotrunajamfactory Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:49 am

The Arlesdale Railway stories ought to be fair game after the engines appear in SLotLT.

Idonotrunajamfactory
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Niceptic Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:39 am

Well, when they reintroduce Donald and Douglas, I would like them to finally air The Missing Coach, but in the form of a flashback. Not in black and white or sepia tone, but just so that the new kids understand where the characters are coming from. Like, it could start with, "Donald and Douglas have been on the Island of Sodor for many years. However, when they first arrived, they caused a lot of trouble ect..."
Niceptic
Niceptic
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:51 pm

I still think that story would be deemed to hard for children to understand, as that was why it was cancelled in the first place.
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:50 pm

The first time I read it I had to read it over to figure out what happened, and I wasn't little, I was like 12!
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next