Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

+26
MainLineEngine112
TomTipperPostman
DonaldDouglasandToby6
The Steampunk Whovian
Diesel 11
Frankthetriviaman
PolkaDotSideplates
TaffyTheTankEngine
ArthurEngine
Doc Knickerbocker
Tugboatfan4
zachthethomasfan2001
Finn Tracy
NWSodor23
Niceptic
Idonotrunajamfactory
Toz76
railwayfan03
Toby7
Enterprisingengine93
ThomasSirHandel
JRCS
Tobias Jay
whyofbladez
SkarloeyRailway
IsleofOdor
30 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series - Page 3 Empty Re: Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

Post by Diesel 11 Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:31 am

Well, I wouldn't mind just seeing them climb up the mountain and talk with each other, etc., even if there are no accidents or such. In fact, if I ever figure out how to do things on YouTube, besides making a series of Wooden Railway stories from the Railway Series, I'd do a mini-series on the Culdee Fell Railway.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series - Page 3 Empty Re: Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

Post by Frankthetriviaman Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:57 pm

Not a bad idea actually; tell me when it comes out if you decide to do it.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Fri May 01, 2015 1:48 am

Yeah, I definitely will. I would just need to figure out YouTube and such. If I ever do, it won't be till a few years, I'm guessing.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Fri May 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Lads, this isn't the place for discussing fan-fiction. Please take this elsewhere.
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

http://ttte.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Fri May 01, 2015 5:36 pm

Frankthetriviaman wrote:Problem is, with only 4 stories and reverend Awdry himself admitting he couldn't think of anything else to write with then, would it be practical for them to make all those new models for just 4 stories?

I think if they started adapting RWS episodes, they would do it like S3 and mix them with original episodes, so if they made models, the writing team would make their own stories.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Fri May 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Sorry skarloeyrailway( did not mean too.

But on topic here, I see your point JRCS; perhaps it could have been done that way
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Niceptic Sat May 02, 2015 6:47 am

I would like Gordon Goes Foreign, the whole of Gordon the High-Speed Engine (especially for Pip and Emma) Small Railway Engines + Jock the New Engine, the Missing Coach and Mountain Engines. I JUST WANT MORE RAILWAY SERIES STORIES!!!
Niceptic
Niceptic
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Sat May 02, 2015 7:12 pm

Yes, like I said, definitely Mountain Engines.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Mon May 04, 2015 10:21 pm

It would seem that the general consensus here is that we want to see Super Rescue and Mountain Engines adapted.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Tue May 05, 2015 2:17 am

Yeah. So, perhaps we ought to tell the writers. Razz
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Tue May 05, 2015 4:01 pm

SiF ran a poll for HiT a while back about what we wanted to see in the future (S20 I think), so they are willing to listen. I can't remember if RWS Stories were part of that poll though. I think it was just engines and locations that we want to see back, including RWS characters and locations.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Wed May 06, 2015 11:05 pm

That's cool. Maybe they could do one for RS stories, too.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Thu May 07, 2015 7:28 pm

JRCS wrote:SiF ran a poll for HiT a while back about what we wanted to see in the future (S20 I think), so they are willing to listen. I can't remember if RWS Stories were part of that poll though. I think it was just engines and locations that we want to see back, including RWS characters and locations.

It didn't include stories, just characters and locations. Wink Although RWS characters were on the list...
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

http://ttte.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zachthethomasfan2001 Sat May 09, 2015 1:24 am

Maybe Mavis and the Lorry would have been cool. And, also I hope some RWS characters get introduced/returned to the TVS. Here are my top 5 who I want to return:

1. Bear

2. Frank

3. Jock

4. Culdee and other Culdee Fell engines

5. Victoria and Alfred
zachthethomasfan2001
zachthethomasfan2001
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Sat May 09, 2015 3:16 am

I totally agree with you!
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Fri May 15, 2015 3:23 am

Nice list; and since Rex Mike and Bert are coming, Jock and Frank should be introduced too.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Fri May 15, 2015 5:15 am

Bear, Frank and Jock could possibly be for Season 19 (earliest) or Season 20 (latest). Bear has to come after Daisy and BoCo return.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue May 19, 2015 3:17 am

Well maybe that means super rescue will get adapted soon?
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn Tracy Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:16 am

Frankthetriviaman wrote:Well maybe that means super rescue will get adapted soon?

I really hope that will happen! I love Super Rescue! Very Happy
Finn Tracy
Finn Tracy
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:54 am

I know; I wish it was adapted in the model era; Bear is such an underappreciated character
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tugboatfan4 Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:29 pm

So basically everyone wants Super Rescue adapted, me included, so I wouldn't be surprised if another poll ran based on RWS stories and it won. I also think Triple Header could be adapted now since Duck returned
Tugboatfan4
Tugboatfan4
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:12 am

Triple header... That was a good story actually.  But can it be stretched into a nine minute episode?
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:34 pm

Triple Header could be stretched out with a lot of conversation between Thomas, Percy and Duck.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:17 am

Fair point. Plus it would give a chance for Duck to shine again. (Since his return, the only starring roles he has had are The Thomas Way, Duck in the Water and Duck and the Slip Coaches)
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Knickerbocker Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:56 pm

I would like to see Very Old Engines adapted.
Doc Knickerbocker
Doc Knickerbocker
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next