Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

+26
MainLineEngine112
TomTipperPostman
DonaldDouglasandToby6
The Steampunk Whovian
Diesel 11
Frankthetriviaman
PolkaDotSideplates
TaffyTheTankEngine
ArthurEngine
Doc Knickerbocker
Tugboatfan4
zachthethomasfan2001
Finn Tracy
NWSodor23
Niceptic
Idonotrunajamfactory
Toz76
railwayfan03
Toby7
Enterprisingengine93
ThomasSirHandel
JRCS
Tobias Jay
whyofbladez
SkarloeyRailway
IsleofOdor
30 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

Post by SkarloeyRailway Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:07 pm

I remember having it read to me as a kid, and I never really got it until recently! Razz
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

http://ttte.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

Post by Toby7 Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:41 pm

I have always had the big "Complete Collection" book, but the only story I remember reading (or my Father reading TO me...) was Thomas and the Breakdown Train. I remember asking why James was painted black. As a kid I can't remember any other story specifically being red to be, but I do remember the maps. I'm sure I read it a lot, because when I pulled it out 7 years later the binding was very worn and ready to fall apart, so it must have gotten plenty of use.

ANYWAY, When I was 10 or 11 was when my interest in the series really re-emerged, and I pulled the old book out and read all the stories, and then went on the watch all the classic episodes I had never seen (with the help of TTTE Wikia of course!). So when I read "The Missing Coach" I had to read it again to figure out what happened. I think if it was on TV it would have been easier to understand or if Donald and Douglas had some distinguishing feature other than their nameplates, it would have been a lot easier to comprehend. Then again, Brenner has pulled off "Bill or Ben" which has a similar vibe and now that I think about it, is probably a bit confusing to a 3 year old.
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:54 pm

Toby7 wrote:So when I read "The Missing Coach" I had to read it again to figure out what happened. I think if it was on TV it would have been easier to understand or if Donald and Douglas had some distinguishing feature other than their nameplates, it would have been a lot easier to comprehend. Then again, Brenner has pulled off "Bill or Ben" which has a similar vibe and now that I think about it, is probably a bit confusing to a 3 year old.

Having experienced that as a toddler, I can confirm its a confusing story! Razz
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:09 pm

I think the fact that they didn't adapt both Hullo Twins and The Missing Coach left a big hole in the Donald And Douglas series 2 episodes. But both would have needed so much narration to explain them.

I think they would have gotten away with missing The Missing Coach if they adapted Hullo Twins and gave them a proper introduction. But merging it with Break Van made the whole thing seemed rushed.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:32 pm

"Hullo Twins" never would have worked as a stand-alone episode, there was no real story going on, it was really more of a prologue (kinda) if anything.

I think if they took an unused "Main line engine story" like Henry and the Elephant they could have pulled it off and used it as a device for introducing the Scots somehow. Then give Breakvan an episode of it's own.
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:46 pm

Actually, I think Break Van works just fine on its own. It's no more rushed than Bill and Ben in the Diseasel, in my mind, and just because they have a more complex back story doesn't necessarily mean it all needs to be told for kids to understand the characters.
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:51 pm

How was The Diseasel rushed?
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:56 pm

ThomasSirHandel wrote:How was The Diseasel rushed?

I meant to say it give just as much introduction as the TVS version of Break Van, and the Diseasel isn't rushed. I was trying to make the point that Break Van doesn't seem that rushed to me! Razz
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:17 am

I think Breakvan would work fine on it's one just not as an introduction episode. The Scots were basically introduced in one shot, literally!
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:33 am

Toby7 wrote:I think Breakvan would work fine on it's one just not as an introduction episode. The Scots were basically introduced in one shot, literally!

Well so were the other Twins! Razz
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:14 pm

The "Big 4" in my opinion are:
4. Super Rescue - Always wanted to see that!
3. Deep Freeze - would be interesting!
2. Anything from Very Old Engines - Love that book!
1. Old Stuck Up - Awesome if they did it! I'd love to see it!
All of these I'd like to see not CGI. I prefer the classic series myself.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:20 pm

I'd never thought of Deep Freeze before! I agree, that could be really interesting!
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:15 pm

SkarloeyRailway wrote:I'd never thought of Deep Freeze before! I agree, that could be really interesting!

Yes, I thought so.
I also forgot the entire Mountain Engines book. That would be cool!
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSodor23 Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:16 pm

I would like to see:
1) Super Rescue - I don't think I need to explain. Razz
2) The Missing Coach - maybe as a flashback to reintroduce Donald and Douglas to the younger audiences who haven't seen them in the earlier episodes.
3) Small Railway Engines and Jock the New Engine - I see at least loose adaptions of these books coming, but I hope in particular Ballast, Useful Railway, We Need Another Engines, Sticking Power, and Teamwork are adapted, as they show how the railway works the best and the characters shine the most. I would have also chosen Mike's Whistle, but Faulty Whistles already kind of adapted it.
4) Gordon Goes Foreign - Would be a perfect opportunity to show the mainland, and maybe even have Gordon visit the Flying Scotsman.
NWSodor23
NWSodor23
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn Tracy Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:54 am

Super Rescue would make a great story! I would also love to see Wilbert! Triple-Header as always been a personal favourite of mine, they could adapt that into a television story!

And what about Trevor Helps Out? It would be a great way to reintroduce Trevor to the series! Something with Victoria would alse be cool... Anything should do, really! Very Happy
Finn Tracy
Finn Tracy
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:36 pm

If they do Victoria, why not Elsie? She deserves a little attention after being nothing more than a model on Awdry's railroad for so many years
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn Tracy Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Fully agree on that one! Very Happy
Finn Tracy
Finn Tracy
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSodor23 Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:02 pm

Finn Tracy wrote:Super Rescue would make a great story! I would also love to see Wilbert! Triple-Header as always been a personal favourite of mine, they could adapt that into a television story!

And what about Trevor Helps Out? It would be a great way to reintroduce Trevor to the series! Something with Victoria would alse be cool... Anything should do, really! Very Happy

I forgot to mention Triple Header. I would love to see it too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wilbert. Some people say he has no personality, but I think he is inventive and clever, but can still make mistakes, which is very relatable.

I agree with Trevor Helps Out too. Also, maybe a loose adaption of Thomas Comes Home could be used to reintroduce George, who I think has the most potential.
NWSodor23
NWSodor23
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:26 pm

I would love to see Thomas and the Great Railway Show as a feature-length special. It could be used as a vehicle to introduce real engines to the show, and could also allow Stepney, Flying Scotsman and City of Truro to appear.
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Frankthetriviaman wrote:If they do Victoria, why not Elsie?  She deserves a little attention after being nothing more than a model on Awdry's railroad for so many years

I'd take Victoria over Elsie any day of the week. She's actually got some development as well as an interesting story arch. Elsie is just nothing. She's a blank slate, granted, but not super interesting as it stands.
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:16 pm

No no, i did not mean one over the other; i meant introduce both, I apologize if that is how my comment came across

I just feel it would be nice to depict Toby with his vintage train, not just Henrietta

Last edited by Frankthetriviaman on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:16 pm

Ohh, got it! Yeah, that'd be very cool to see in the CGI Series! Smile
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:29 pm

It would be nice to see Victoria, especially as Henrietta has a face now. Toby, Henrietta and Victoria could have conversations like Thomas, Annie and Clarabel have, or maybe Henrietta, Victoria, Annie and Clarabel could talk to each other.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:03 pm

I really, really want to see the Mountain Engines get adapted. It's the best book of all!
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Problem is, with only 4 stories and reverend Awdry himself admitting he couldn't think of anything else to write with then, would it be practical for them to make all those new models for just 4 stories?
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next