Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mysteries of Thomas the Tank Engine Discussion

+15
vinnyvincevvs5
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Zeke
Jamie Parker
Toz76
Frankthetriviaman
OneJ_
ThomasSirHandel
Diesel 11
ZadokTheBeast
Doc Knickerbocker
PolkaDotSideplates
Toby7
Tugboatfan4
ArthurEngine
19 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mysteries of Thomas the Tank Engine Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Mysteries of Thomas the Tank Engine Discussion

Post by ZadokTheBeast Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:38 pm

Can engines be different races? Could there be a black engine? Several diesels in the RWS had different color faces.
ZadokTheBeast
ZadokTheBeast
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Mysteries of Thomas the Tank Engine Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Mysteries of Thomas the Tank Engine Discussion

Post by ZadokTheBeast Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:47 pm

OneJ_QuintupleA wrote:-Who are the Electric Peel Godred Engines?
-Why haven't they never been seen yet on their branch line or anywhere for that matter?
-What exactly happened to the (original) plans to make an extension from Arlesburgh to Harwick?
-Is Misty Island an abandoned site now since we've seen the seemingly blocked up tunnel?

Because of Misty Island's obvious lack of people and realism in general, I have always thought that the events on Misty Island during MIR and any episode featuring the Logging Locos are dreams had by Thomas. So, in MIR, Thomas leaves Sodor to collect Jobi wood, falls asleep on the boat, and his dream becomes the story in MIR. Then he collects the wood an the Search hand Rescue Centre is completed. (I think about episodes like Rusty and the Boulder as dreams as well)
ZadokTheBeast
ZadokTheBeast
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Maybe the episodes with special coal are also dreams.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:06 pm

I don't think we should explain them away as "dreams". Here's my theory: sometime between Series 5 and TATMRR, Henry was somehow damaged, requiring special coal/happy coal/Welsh coal/Sodor coal to compensate until he was repaired, in 2005, say. All the special coal episodes are set during that time. This also gives Gordon's "Don't tell me he needs special coal again" comment more merit- if he had, it would have been the third time!
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:45 pm

You can go with your theory but since I like to think of the Classic Series, TATMRR, the New Series, the Nitrogen series and the Arc series as separate canons and since the Arc series contains almost everything, the special coal episodes could of been dreams by Gordon which is why Toby was confused in KOTR.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:24 am

I don't think the writers ever considered any sort of canon until King of the Railway. So I don't think about it that hard.
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Knickerbocker Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:34 pm

ZadokTheBeast wrote:Can engines be different races? Could there be a black engine? Several diesels in the RWS had different color faces.

I doubt this, as the steam locomotives all had grey faces - I suppose for racial neutrality.
Doc Knickerbocker
Doc Knickerbocker
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:55 pm

On the 'Sodor engines have life due to extreme science' idea, I'm actually thinking of making a series about that. Any one agree with the idea?
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:24 am

Yes! Go ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:26 pm

In my canon, the engines get faces when they move for the first time, and never lose it until they know for sure there's no hope. Kinda sappy, I know. But they can be revived with a new personality if they move independently once more.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:29 pm

Now for another pressing topic: Why do most of the newer engines have weird, bright colors? (like Rosie, Stanley, Billy, or Molly)
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:44 am

They were meant for merchandising, and children love bright colours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:58 pm

Plus having all the engines in hostorically authentic liveries, there would not be a very varied color palette
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:39 pm

We'll take all the engines

and paint them all NWR Blue!
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:33 pm

And then it'll be like the Skarloey Railway. I like the "all red" thing there, but not for the NWR engines.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:00 am

Yeah, and I think James wouldn't agree.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Knickerbocker Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:16 am

I personally prefer the multiple color schemes for the Skarloey Engines.

Another query - THE TUMBLEWEED IN THE MAGIC RAILROAD.

(For the uninformed, a minor character in Thomas and the Magic Railroad was a tumbleweed, who was sentient and commonly seen communicating with the engines.)
Doc Knickerbocker
Doc Knickerbocker
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:53 am

I always thought it was because the tumbleweed was some sort of "guardian" of the magic buffers. It was once a normal tumbleweed, but the magic railroad "mutated" it.
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Knickerbocker Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:46 pm

Perhaps. I always liked him (Or her? It sounds male.).
Doc Knickerbocker
Doc Knickerbocker
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:28 am

Speaking of the tumbleweed, I think its lines were mistaken for Thomas' in the Hebrew version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Knickerbocker Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:58 pm

Any specific scenes?
Doc Knickerbocker
Doc Knickerbocker
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by OneJ_ Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:15 pm

When Thomas was taking Lily to the Magic Buffers that leads through to Muffle Mountain, he encountered the tumbleweed on Sodor before he even made it to the buffers and it spoke in a male voice
OneJ_
OneJ_
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Knickerbocker Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:30 pm

I see.

What else..

Smudger - Where is he? Japanese promotional material says (Or so I've heard!) that he was brought to the Skarloey Railway to work - Still as a generator.  Neutral
Doc Knickerbocker
Doc Knickerbocker
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ZadokTheBeast Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Can the engines bleed?
ZadokTheBeast
ZadokTheBeast
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:56 pm

They are machines. Of course not. If their water tank was punctured, maybe something similar, but otherwise... probably not.
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next