Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas Creator Collective Discussion

+3
zem2point0
MainLineEngine112
TaffyTheTankEngine
7 posters

Go down

Thomas Creator Collective Discussion Empty Thomas Creator Collective Discussion

Post by TaffyTheTankEngine Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:56 pm

This is a place for discussing the Thomas Creator Collective Series from the official Thomas YouTube Channel.

So, since we have had quite few episodes and series from the collective, what do you think of the series and what episodes/series are considered your favorite/least favorite?

TaffyTheTankEngine
TaffyTheTankEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Thomas Creator Collective Discussion Empty Re: Thomas Creator Collective Discussion

Post by MainLineEngine112 Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:15 am

Night of the Diesels is my favorite so far. Diesel 10 and Philip were hilarious together, and I thought the plot was really clever. Gordon's Grand Adventure would be second.

My least favorite is probably Henry's Fire Rescue. Not that I didn't like it; I did like it a lot, but I just liked the other ones better.

Sodor's Finest is getting off to a good start! The concept of the international engines from The Great Race being a sort of league is really clever in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing the other engines join. I do wonder if all the international engines are part of this league. Axel did appear in The Fast and the Fizzleboxes, and didn't bring anything up, although he did mention Frieda and Etienne, so who knows. I guess the only ones we know at this point are Scotsman, Yong Bao, Ivan, and Raul, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they act as a group!
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Thomas Creator Collective Discussion Empty Re: Thomas Creator Collective Discussion

Post by zem2point0 Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:09 pm

I've not seen all of these yet! I watched the first four compilations I think, and a couple of the shorts, I really need to catch up! Seems like they have some pretty clever stories.
zem2point0
zem2point0
Earl of Sodor
Earl of Sodor

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Sometimes, it can be really good. Other times, it can get repetitive and merchandise-y.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TaffyTheTankEngine Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:43 pm

I actually want about The Steam Games for a minute because i think, out of all of the projects the collective has made, that this is the worse. Although Sodor's Finest suffers from a lack of respect to the show and fans in general (as well as recycling a dozen or so Thomas projects), The Steam Games suffers from one major problem...

...It has NO story.

As in, no real plot (apart from the Steam Games, which also recycles the plot of The Fast & The Fizzleboxes), no real character moments and each episode feels so repetitive. This is literally what happens in each episode of the series. Team Sodor wins first game fairly, International team cheats second game with Vinnie. Team Sodor wins first game fairly, International team cheats second game with Vinnie. Team Sod... Yeah you get the idea. As a result, it's gets boring fast, and you could probably predict the outcome each time.

Oh, and speaking of Vinnie, i really hated his role in The Steam Games, especially in Episode 2 of the 4 part series, where he deliberately derails James in order for him to win the game for his team. This scene, to me, is one of, if not, the worst scenes to ever be put into a Thomas production for two big reasons

1. If you pause the video at 5:05 of the 6 minute 30 video (12:53 if your watching the compilation), you will notice there is a switch track that James could of taken to avoid Vinnie, but no, he crashes into Vinnie because this series must have drama (if not enough of that has happened already).

2. Vinnie... Gets... Absolutely... No... Consciences... For... Doing... This... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! No even a penalty or a disqualification from the team, i know it's difficult to disqualify someone from two man game, but Vinnie surely should have gotten some sort of punishment for his actions towards James, and even in episode 3 when he yanks Thomas of his side of his team and crashes him into Ashima in the Tug of War event (why that exists, i dont know). Even ####ing Stan & Nigel seem to completely ignore the fact that James was deliberately derailed by Vinnie by saying that "That's one of risks of this game". I'm just like DID YOU EVEN SEE WHAT JUST HAPPENED IN FRONT OF YOU!!!

Sorry for using caps in this one, but this really annoys me to no end and it really made me lose hope in the Thomas Creator Collective.
TaffyTheTankEngine
TaffyTheTankEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Gotta agree with you, honestly. I found it completely boring, unimaginative and just plain bad. They brought nothing new to the table there, just proved the points of people saying the series is going downhill.

In fact, I haven't seen a full series by them since The Steam Games, and the only one I watched since was Gordon Goes Native. I thought it was surprisingly good, so perhaps it's getting better. I'll have to see when I get the time.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:39 pm

It's a Wonderful Railway was fantastic. Best one since Gordon's Grand Adventure.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:05 am

MainLineEngine112 wrote:It's a Wonderful Railway was fantastic. Best one since Gordon's Grand Adventure.
Okay, I gave it a watch. Not the best but it was okay. Entertaining to say the least. Thought it was a bit rushed though. The big question is why all that changed just because Percy didn't come to Sodor? Kinda confused on that point but otherwise it was pretty good.

Also, when Captain said, "The mail is ship-shape!" I was pretty sure he was gonna say, "The mail is shot!" Razz
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:10 pm

Allow me to present my list of TCC rankings, from worst to best.

31:
30:
29:
28:
27:
26:
25:
24:
23:
22:
21:
20:
19:
18:
17:
16:
15:
14:
13:
12:
11:

Top 10! Woo-woo!

10:
9:
8:
7:
6:

Top 5!

5:
4:

Now time for the Top 3!!!

3:
2:

And now, my number one favorite Thomas Creator Collective series...

1:
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Mon May 01, 2017 5:30 am

I've seen a few episodes, but not the whole series.

So... could someone just explain what this is to me? So Thomas and friends brought together some of the best youtubers of thomas fanwork, and they work together to make material for the official channel?
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 01, 2017 6:41 am

Exactly. From what I understand, each producer shoots the scenes at home, and they are all incorporated into stories, just like the remakes on the older, unofficial channel TheTTTECommunity. HiT/Mattel may also provide models of essential characters the producers do not have in their possession and aid them in providing scenes for the episodes (based on my memory). Your question is actually a perfect description of the TCC.

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Mon May 01, 2017 9:26 am

Speaking of The Steam Games, as much as I hate Vinnie, I will admit it was funny when he called Diesel Ten "Twinkletoes". Why? Because that's my nickname for Diesel Ten.
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TaffyTheTankEngine Mon May 01, 2017 1:04 pm

ArthurEngine wrote:Speaking of The Steam Games, as much as I hate Vinnie, I will admit it was funny when he called Diesel Ten "Twinkletoes". Why? Because that's my nickname for Diesel Ten.

you know what, you remind me of another problem with Vinnie in the TCC. Of all the international engines, he's been the most overused. Even after the International Engines went home in Rumbling Rails (very original title by the way, Not), he's somehow left behind in Sodor and has now been milked to death with since. But you know why i think Vinnie still here? I personally think its because of his voice actor UpsideNow since he's a massive fan of Vinnie. No offense to him of course, but i feel like i'm starting to get sick of Vinnie very fast. I won't even be surprised if hes still here come the JBS characters appearing in the series.
TaffyTheTankEngine
TaffyTheTankEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Mon May 01, 2017 1:08 pm

To be honest, of all the international engines, even in the TCC, I don't mind Vinnie.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TaffyTheTankEngine Tue May 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Speaking of the international engines, one of the more recent TCC episodes that really annoyed me was Home For The Holidays, the episode released close to Christmas Day that featured Ashima.

I would argue this is up there with some of the worst TCC episodes and the reason for this is because it suffers from the same problems from Hiro appearances in Hero of the Rails and Seasons 13-16, when Ashima is such a crybaby about missing home. I mean throughout shes just like "I miss my friends from home" or "i wish i could be home for Christmas". I'm just here like.... FFS, if you really miss home, you can just, i don't know, ASK IF YOU COULD GO HOME???? Like seriously, the collective made me like Ashima a hell of a lot less because of how shes portrayed in them.

Also, her voice in the collective is awful. Like seriously, i can't stand Ashima voice in the TCC. It sounds like her voice actor isn't really trying, especially in the more action packed scenes of the Collective episodes.
TaffyTheTankEngine
TaffyTheTankEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue May 09, 2017 11:41 pm

So, I haven't really gotten into watching them yet, save for a few specials, but one thing I have noticed- there seems to be a bit of a bias towards the higher end model trains (Bachmann, Hornby, etc)

Come to think of it, I think EnterprisingEngines93 is the only Wooden railway guy in there, and I think there was only 1 or 2 who used one of the plastic lines, but that's about it
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boundless Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:20 pm

I would be willing to voice Bulgy if he joins the series Smile
The Boundless
The Boundless
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down