Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

+26
MainLineEngine112
TomTipperPostman
DonaldDouglasandToby6
The Steampunk Whovian
Diesel 11
Frankthetriviaman
PolkaDotSideplates
TaffyTheTankEngine
ArthurEngine
Doc Knickerbocker
Tugboatfan4
zachthethomasfan2001
Finn Tracy
NWSodor23
Niceptic
Idonotrunajamfactory
Toz76
railwayfan03
Toby7
Enterprisingengine93
ThomasSirHandel
JRCS
Tobias Jay
whyofbladez
SkarloeyRailway
IsleofOdor
30 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

Post by Diesel 11 Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:44 am

But I want him back, which means that it's not a 'we' thing.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Stories That Could of Been Adapted in the TV Series

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:55 am

But I have to ask the question: What's unique about him? At least Diesel 10 looks cool; he has a claw! The Diesel's just another throwaway character.

Luc Ha-Meatzben wrote:Yeah... no. They gave Diesel at least 2 attempts at redemption, and failed both. 

Unfortunately, some weirdo in season 9 decided Diesel was permanently on Sodor, so thats that.

I think that's because Diesel was popular so they decided to keep him. I don't blame them, although it would be nice to see why. Maybe the Fat Controller sees some good in him...? I don't know.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:52 am

Maybe if Diesel wasn't sent back to the other railway in Diesel Does It Again and turned to the steam engine's side would of been a better way of keeping Diesel on the North Western Railway in the TV Series. As for Bowler I could see him being better as one of Diesel 10's sidekicks.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:22 am

As I recall, he was often sent away, but to use him
More in the model era Allcroft and Mitton would often use as a plot element that Diesel was "the only engine available" to help out with the task at hand
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:18 pm

Maybe he was shooed away from all the OTHER railways?
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:30 am

That's a good point; it's possible Diesel caused so much trouble elsewhere that he was sent to Sodor, thinking the Fat Controller could reform him. And so far, it seems to be slowly working.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:55 am

I remember a line in one of wildnorwester's stories where a mainline diesel confronts diesel and tells him outright "os it any wonder our controller will take advantage of any opportunity to send you away?!"

So maybe it could be the mainland controller's doing
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:07 am

Or that too. It's either the Fat Controller or the Mainland. (Though I wouldn't use Wildnorwester as a source for canon.)
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Yeah. No matter how good a story is, from the ERS to some 2 year olds "episode", it's still fanfiction.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:50 am

I wasn't suggesting he was canon, I was just suggesting an idea for why Diesel is on Sodor
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:44 pm

True; I can't think of another explanation.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:32 am

What's very interesting actually is how we see these anti-diesel sentiments in Reverend Awdry's books, but when Christopher takes over we see a friendlier look towards the diesels
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:41 am

Frankthetriviaman wrote:What's very interesting actually is how we see these anti-diesel sentiments in Reverend Awdry's books, but when Christopher takes over we see a friendlier look towards the diesels

Maybe Christopher was more friendly toward the diesels because of racism.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:54 pm

I think it was more along the lines of evolving; the dislike to Diesels had to end in the RWS at some point. It's just development.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:04 pm

Also, there were only a few bad diesels, and there were Old-stuck-ups within the steam engines as well.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:11 pm

Actually, when you think about it:

Good Diesels:

BoCo
Bear
Rusty
Daisy (?)

Bad Diesels:

Diesel
D199
D261
"Old Stuck up"

Surprisingly, there were just as many good diesels as bad diesels.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:30 am

That's true; in the show there's also more good Diesels than bad. I think...
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:48 pm

About just as many.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:41 pm

Now, this thread hasn't been posted in in awhile, so I'd like to turn it back around to stories we'd like to see adapted. It's been a while since I compiled the list of one's we'd like to see adapted, so I've remade it. There were 126 'votes' total.

Taking the fifth spot is the book Thomas and the Great Railway Show (8 'votes'/6% total), which came in at Number 3 last time. It's an excellent book, and it'd have an actual reason for Thomas to star in it... plus, merchandise...!

The Missing Coach (8/6%) was Number 2 last time around, and I'm a bit surprised that it's slid down to Number 4 this time. It's the most popular Thomas episode to be cancelled, and I believe that most of us would agree that it shouldn't have been.

Moving from Number 6 all the way to Number 3 is Mountain Engines (11/9%). When it comes to the Rev. W. Awdry, this is, in my opinion, his absolute best book. I love the Culdee Fell Engines, and I feel that it would be quite good in the series. Again... merchandise...!

The Number 2 spot goes to Gordon Goes Foreign (14/11%), which was Number 4 last time. It's definitely a good story, and it would be nice to see it adapted.

And, of course, Number 1, which was also Number 1 last time. It's obviously Super Rescue (23%). Almost everyone who 'voted' 'voted' for it. I don't think I need to say anything else besides that it's an excellent story, and one of the best in the Railway Series, so it definitely should be adapted.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Small Railway Engines and Jock the New Engine would of been interesting adaptions for Seasons 3 and 4. If Britt Allcroft stayed towards the RWS after Season 4 and the Duke episodes were pushed back for Season 5 the small engines could of been involved with finding Duke in Sleeping Beauty and Very Old Engines would of also been adapted in Season 5 before the Duke episodes.

Last edited by ThomasSirHandel on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tugboatfan4 Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:59 am

I would love to see Triple Header be made into an episode, with the current writing staff and Duck's return, I think they could pull it off quite well...
Tugboatfan4
Tugboatfan4
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:30 am

Yeah it would be interesting in CGI but I think Triple Header would of worked better in Season 4 in my opinion.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:55 pm

I would want Super Rescue like most of you, and some of the Stories involving Mike, Rex and Bert. I haven't read any of Christohper Awdry's stories because I don't own any of the books, so I don't know which stories would be nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:36 am

I'd like to see Super Rescue, but as has been stated, Henry's Hero sort of fills that role, but it'd still be cool if we get 199 and Bear out of the deal!

I'd also like to have seen a lot more of the Christopher Awdry stories, namely the Thomas and the Twins stories. I'd also love to see Very Old Engines, Mountain Engines, Jock the New Engine, and Thomas and the Great Railway Show.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:40 pm

Do you think if we are vocal enough, Super Rescue will get adapted?
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next