Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Railway Series-Only Characters

+14
Diesel 11
Frankthetriviaman
EdGeorgenCody
OneJ_
Doc Knickerbocker
Finn Tracy
NWSodor23
Toz76
SkarloeyRailway
The Steampunk Whovian
TGC
Jwnewall
JRCS
Toby7
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Railway Series-Only Characters - Page 3 Empty Re: Railway Series-Only Characters

Post by ShroomstagramUser Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:35 pm

Welp, this looks like a dead discussion, but I do have a list of the ones I want to come to the TV series.
Bear
Pip and Emma
Foreign Engine (or Big City Engine)
Jinty and Pug
D199
Wilbert
Sixteen
Victoria
Elsie
Beatrice
Isabel
ShroomstagramUser
ShroomstagramUser
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Railway Series-Only Characters - Page 3 Empty Re: Railway Series-Only Characters

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:37 pm

Isn't that basically all the standard gauge ones?
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroomstagramUser Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:17 am

luctheminecrafter wrote:Isn't that basically all the standard gauge ones?

No. I excluded Albert, The Works Diesel, cameo engines, etc.
ShroomstagramUser
ShroomstagramUser
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:08 pm

The problem with D199 and Big City Engine though, is they only had one story each, and while D199 did at least contribute to the plot, in the grand scheme neither did much.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroomstagramUser Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:34 am

Maybe in the series, they could be one time characters.

I would like to see Bear, The Works Diesel, Pip and Emma, and Wibert appear in the series.
ShroomstagramUser
ShroomstagramUser
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaromir Jagr's Mullet Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:47 am

Here's a question for y'all. If a character retains his or her persona and name, but switches basis, does that count as the same character?

Because I'd love for Bear to go from a Hymek to a Class 68, just to really confuse people who try to make timelines for the TV show.

Last edited by RayTheDuplexEngine on Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Completely wrong class. Ah, the wonders of being an American talking about a railroading series written by a Brit.)
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:55 am

RayTheDuplexEngine wrote:Here's a question for y'all. If a character retains his or her persona and name, but switches basis, does that count as the same character?

Because I'd love for Bear to go from a Hymek to a Class 68, just to really confuse people who try to make timelines for the TV show.

Depends. Do you think pre and post-rebuild Henry are the same engine or two different ones? If you think they are the same, then yes, Bear as a 68 would be original Bear (but why the heck would they change his basis?). If there are 2 Henry's in your mind, that would not be Bear.
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:00 am

Personally I like Bear as he is- his basis is quite fine, and I really don't see a reason to change his shape. The funny thing with Henry though, when I see his model change in the TV series... I think all they really changed was the shape of his firebox.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:38 pm

RayTheDuplexEngine wrote:Here's a question for y'all. If a character retains his or her persona and name, but switches basis, does that count as the same character?

If you just want to confuse people, couldn't you do that with something else? The Hymek is one of my favorite engines, I love its design, and Bear is one of my favorite characters - there is no earthly reason why he should be changed just to confuse people. And the Class 68 isn't even possible as his basis anyway...
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:40 am

Bear is a really underappreciated character though; it would be great for him to get some love in Thomas media.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3