Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

+52
Thomas Fan 2018
MainLineEngine112
Finn Tracy
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Neverlander22
Frankthetriviaman
TTTEFan1997
ScruffyRat1992
Superiosity
TheThomas120
vinnyvincevvs5
PolkaDotSideplates
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Toz76
OliverthewesternEngine11
Diesel 11
Petersamthenumber4
zachthethomasfan2001
Doc Knickerbocker
Hornbyfan1000
LadysM.Railroad
Teddy & Co.
duckfan9
Wellsworth1888
sailing on starways
Jace Maceo Rooney
bbll22
Niceptic
Rosalinaloves844
Zeke
DarthShaymin14
Metamorphical
coringo
ThomasSirHandel
JadeStudios
IsleofOdor
railwayfan03
NWSodor23
Dr. Alphys
Maxx Walkerling
Jamie Parker
JRCS
ThomasandStanley
TGC
Jwnewall
The Steampunk Whovian
ArthurEngine
Toby7
SkarloeyRailway
Number1Thomasfan1995
Tugboatfan4
WoodenRailwayStudio
56 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 8 Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:51 am

BoCo and Duke most likely will. (Wouldn't it make more sense to introduce a new female instead?)
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 8 Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:37 am

I know BoCo and Duke will most likely return. Maybe it would make since to introduce new female characters but bringing back Molly and Caroline would add more to the current line up.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:05 pm

I don't know if they'd bring back Caroline; her face would look pretty creepy in CGI.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeke Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:33 pm

DonaldDouglasandToby6 wrote:I don't know if they'd bring back Caroline; her face would look pretty creepy in CGI.

They could change the shape maybe, like they changed Jack's face?

Zeke
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:36 pm

Zeke wrote:If Thumper had a voice actor I could imagine being dumb and really proud of his strength in smashing thru rocks.  
I was thinking a scratchy voice with just the tiniest amount of Arnold Schwarzenegger in there, but imagining it like you said, sounding sort of like warrior from TUGS I could imagine, especially if you combined the two
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:23 pm

DonaldDouglasandToby6 wrote:I don't know if they'd bring back Caroline; her face would look pretty creepy in CGI.
Zeke wrote:They could change the shape maybe, like they changed Jack's face?

How would having her eyes on her head lights in CGI be creepy? Putting her eyes on her face would cause more havoc in the TTTE community.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:39 pm

Hmm, I just made a drawing of Caroline in both forms for visualization: Neither looks too bad.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:17 am

I just updated my list of characters I would like to see return: (No particular order)

1. Duke
2. BoCo
3. Terrence
4. Trevor (I am NOT counting that season 15 appearance)
5) Arthur
6) Murdoch

Honorable mentions:

George and Buster
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:18 pm

I'd like to see Ms. Kyndley: At least seeing how she's up to; she'd be pretty old by now.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:45 am

Well the show has a very "timeless" feel to it, so not necessarily
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:54 am

Well either way, it would be nice to see Ms. Kyndley again
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:22 pm

Maybe, but they'd probably have to render Hackenbeck Tunnel for that. But then again that's not a bad idea.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:14 am

Yeah, we need more branch than simply generic rails.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:23 am

To be fair, there's Dryaw, Maithwaite, the Signalbox and Bridge, McColl Farm, and Ffarquhar Station in CGI.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:13 am

It occurs to me; once we have Duke back, we will have all of the "Awdry narrow gauge" engines returned, and once BoCo returns, all of the "Awdry Diesels" will have returned (Not counting D261 because he was a one-off)
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:56 pm

What about Bear?

Something tells me that we'll see both in the next special, and/or Culdee Fell Engines
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Well bear hasn't been adapted, so he technically wouldn't be "returning"
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:06 pm

BoCo and Duke both been hinted. When Bear is introduced we will see bears.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:34 pm

When were they hinted?
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:51 pm

BoCo was hinted at the end of Henry Spots Trouble when Paxton said Diesels get measles and there was a wrecked and over grown signal box near Arlesdale Junction in SLOTLT possibly left over from Mid Sodor.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:12 am

The Arlesdale Junction I agree with: it's a BLATANT hint.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by vinnyvincevvs5 Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:06 pm

Personally here are my picks for who I want to see return to the series, besides BoCo, Terence and Trevor (because their reasons are pretty much already in the discussion and mine don't really differ):

1. Stepney - because his background story is very interesting (kind of like Oliver and Trevor), he was saved from scrap. This would also give Rusty a chance to shine too, as they are both friends. Would be nice to see some stories around the Bluebell Railway and also I think Stepney has good potential.
2. Duke - he is the oldest Narrow Gauge engine and his character has lots of potential... would be nice to see him giving wise advice to the other engines and also, he has to be included in the original Narrow Gauge fleet.
3. Elizabeth - have some female road vehicles and also base stories around the road more, giving other vehicles some screen time. She has attitude and like Daisy has potential. Too, I really liked her character in the TV Series.
4. Bulstrode - would be nice to see a boat get a role in an episode. Kind of like road vehicles, having diversity in the show would be nice. His attitude is kind of like Duncan's and I think some nice stories can be made around his character like how he bosses engines about etc.
5. Arthur - the Fishing Villiage and well... it's technically Arthur's line, so would be nice to see another engine along with Henry pulling fish trucks. And his nice, humble character would make for some cool episodes.
6. Murdoch - having a large tender engine, would be nice and his colour would look nice haha.
7. Molly - I think her bright yellow colour is very nice, it would bring another female character to the series. And her shy and unconfident attitude would make some nice stories and can learn how to have confidence and overcome... very relatable.
So that's all my thoughts haha, sorry for the long explanations but yeah, all my opinion Smile
vinnyvincevvs5
vinnyvincevvs5
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

https://www.youtube.com/vinnyvincevvs5

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Actually Skarloey and Rheneas are older than Duke

(1865 vs 1880)
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:06 pm

To be honest I think Bulstrode's completely useless. Bringing him back is like bringing Smudger back; it's really just a fan fad.

I think only BoCo, Terence (Mostly because he can be useful in winter episodes. And he works on a farm, which we don't see.), Trevor, and Duke really should return at some point.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Frank: Really? I thought Duke was younger than that.

Actually Trevor has the same problem: it's just a fan fad. His power has already been used. There's really just that story from Thomas and the Twin Engines for him anymore.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next