Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

+52
Thomas Fan 2018
MainLineEngine112
Finn Tracy
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Neverlander22
Frankthetriviaman
TTTEFan1997
ScruffyRat1992
Superiosity
TheThomas120
vinnyvincevvs5
PolkaDotSideplates
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Toz76
OliverthewesternEngine11
Diesel 11
Petersamthenumber4
zachthethomasfan2001
Doc Knickerbocker
Hornbyfan1000
LadysM.Railroad
Teddy & Co.
duckfan9
Wellsworth1888
sailing on starways
Jace Maceo Rooney
bbll22
Niceptic
Rosalinaloves844
Zeke
DarthShaymin14
Metamorphical
coringo
ThomasSirHandel
JadeStudios
IsleofOdor
railwayfan03
NWSodor23
Dr. Alphys
Maxx Walkerling
Jamie Parker
JRCS
ThomasandStanley
TGC
Jwnewall
The Steampunk Whovian
ArthurEngine
Toby7
SkarloeyRailway
Number1Thomasfan1995
Tugboatfan4
WoodenRailwayStudio
56 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? Empty What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by WoodenRailwayStudio Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:29 am

What characters would you like to see return in upcoming seasons?

I would like to see Duke, Stepney, and Elizabeth. I think these three could have potential.
WoodenRailwayStudio
WoodenRailwayStudio
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThomasandFriendsVideoSeriesThomastheTa

Back to top Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by Tugboatfan4 Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:21 am

I don't think Stepney will come back since in real life he has been retried, and probably, in respect to the Bluebell Railway, won't have him return unless they give the crew permission probably
Tugboatfan4
Tugboatfan4
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by Number1Thomasfan1995 Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:24 am

I want to see duke stepney and boco.
Number1Thomasfan1995
Number1Thomasfan1995
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDum6RZp8xo3Cc3k5PhnNQ

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:40 am

Guys, try and give some meat to your posts. What I mean is, don't just say what characters you want back, tell us why too! There's lots of characters who could return, so why BoCo over Stepney, or Duke over Mighty Mac? Discuss! Smile
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

http://ttte.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:44 am

For example, I want BoCo to come back not exactly for his character (Actually I thought he was kinda bland) but for his basis. He's a mainline diesel and all we have in the series are shunters! Diesels aren't limited to the yard, they can pull long goods trains too! Give the island some realism. Sure TFC has taken advantage of diesel power by 2015! Very Happy
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:05 am

I would like Arthur to come back because, if there's another episode with the Flying Kipper in it and Henry can't take it because either he's ill, having an overhaul or busy doing other work, Arthur can take it for him, as he likes the smell of fish.

Terence because he can help rescue engines or vehicles who are stuck in snow, mud, etc.

Boco because he is the only one who can keep Bill and Ben in order.

Daisy because if Thomas is too busy working on the main line or a different branch line, Daisy can do Thomas' passenger duties instead.

Trevor because if there's an episode focused on the orchard, Trevor can be shown doing his actual work.

ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Steampunk Whovian Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:17 am

Technically the part about BoCo being the only one to keep Bill and Ben in order isn't true. Edward's just as capable of keeping them in line, and so is Marion, as proven in No Steam Without Coal.

As for me, these would be the characters I would want to see return:

1. Daisy. She had a lot of great character development in the Railway Series, and has a nice design, so she's on my list of characters who I think should return.
2. Duke. He was also a great character, full of heroism and knowledge, and knew how to be the perfect mentor. I'd love to see him return in Season 19, or heck, maybe the team could retell his stories. Now that they're introducing the small engines, they could make the perfect version of Sleeping Beauty.
3. Trevor. Come on, you have a perfect CGI model of him, and you only use it for ten seconds in the intro and a few seconds in Emily and Dash? I'd love to see more of him, especially since more of Edward's branch line is being brought into the show.
4. Freddie. I don't get why Freddie is disliked so much just because he replaced Ivo Hugh. He's a pretty great character, and has some potential in him. Plus, I just really like his basis and overall design. Imagine a Season 4 narrow gauge model with his complex valve gear!
5. Dennis. It's probably unlikely we'll ever see Dennis again, but given that Norman's in the show, they could always bring Dennis back and develop both characters. Either that or put him an episode with Daisy and have her teach him not to be so lazy. That would be a brilliant idea.

~John
The Steampunk Whovian
The Steampunk Whovian
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

http://the-scarved-whovian.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:18 am

Actually BoCo is a branch diesel; he works on Edward's branch line
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:58 pm

He works on a branchline but his basis is really a main line diesel. Gordon has joked that he is a branch line diesel but that's not really accurate.

According the the BR Class 28 Wikipedia page: "All 20 were initially allocated to the Midland Division of BR's London Midland Region, where they were often used in pairs on the overnight London–Glasgow “Condor” express freight service."

See, main line diesel. I believe Awdry wrote somewhere that he does main-line work too. He's just based in Wellsworth/Brendam.
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwnewall Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Trevor - Different type of engine.
Terence - Can be used for utility stuff, possibly sodor s&rc
Daisy - Good agnostic.
Arthur - Could develop a good personality onto him

I don't really know why BoCo is so loved, he doesn't have much personality at all! Smile Razz
Jwnewall
Jwnewall
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:35 pm

Jwnewall wrote:
I don't really know why BoCo is so loved, he doesn't have much personality at all! Smile Razz

I agree, Awdry never really worked on him. As I mentioned before I only want to see him back for his basis, even if he just cameos all the time. I just think Sodor needs bigger diesels. I hate how there are only shunting engines everywhere!
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:59 pm

Here is my list,

BoCo: longer diesel, diesels aren't just limited to yards Razz

Daisy: snooty character makes her unique.

Murdoch: hates noise, makes him unique

Arthur: The kipper was brought back in TOTB so why not have it so Arthur works at the key shunting the kipper into place.

Derek: Teething troubles makes uniqueness and teaches stuff without the use of a learning segment.

Bear: Diesels pull passenger trains and not just freight.

Stepney: BLUBELLS FOREVR, Stepney is a good character I feel.

Duke: Wise, way better than this Luke non-character we got.

Mighty Mac: arguing could cause an accident, which the series is quite empty of these days.

Bertram: Brave like Gator, I can just imagine them working together at the transfer yard at night.
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasandStanley Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:40 pm

Here's my top 5:
1. Trevor:. Seriously, he's been rendered since series 13 for the island of Sodor intro and yet they've done nothing with him (apart from that relatively pointless cameo in series 15)? It's a real shame, especially since there could be a lot of untapped potential there.
2. Daisy: Including her would complete the line-up of the Ffarquhar branch, and if they develop her like Christopher Awdry did, things could get interesting.
3. Murdoch: I know the series has quite a few big tender engines, but as far as I can tell, Hiro is the only one that pulls goods on a regular basis when (in all honesty), he should only be a visitor. Murdoch would be a brilliant permanent fixture, plus I can relate to him quite a lot.
4. Arthur: if they introduce the Norramby branch, having Arthur run it would be great. There's also a lot they could do with him, since no one else has really.
5. Alfie: We all know now that The Pack will have some sort of role in Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure, but the character that, I feel, should return is Alfie. It felt really weird that Jack was seen without him in King of the Railway, so if Jack is brought back here, they need Alfie too, as their dynamic was really sweet

PS. I haven't included Railway Series characters as I see them more as introductions rather than returnees

PPS. I'm rather hoping they use Jerome and Judy with Rocky in the actual series. It'd seem a shame if they didn't, especially since Sodor, in my opinion, needs more than one crane.

PPS (sorry Razz). I agree with everyone as far as BoCo goes. While the Clay Pits dynamic is great, it'd be fantastic to see the original dynamic between the twins, Edward and BoCo since they need to be kept in line away from the pits as well
ThomasandStanley
ThomasandStanley
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

http://latestnewsfromtpandt.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:57 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by SwitchMonkey on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding spoiler)
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:00 pm

TheGuysCast2 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 pm

1. BoCo - Edward has been seriously underused throughout since series 8, and I think that goes down to having no engines that can relate to him. We saw BoCo support for Edward in Edward's Exploit and throughout series 2. I think if BoCo comes back, we can have more Edward-BoCo episodes that can make some sense.

2. Daisy - this is the same with Toby, but more with Thomas' Branch Line. We could see some great stories about Thomas, Percy, Toby, Daisy and sometimes Mavis on the Branch Line. We've had so many episodes about little engines proving themselves to the big engines, but what about little engines just being themselves around each other? I've haven't read many Christopher Awdry books, but I think Daisy accepts the three engines for what they are, so we could see their friendship develop more.

3. Murdoch - he has his size in common with Gordon and Spencer, but his personality completely contrasts them. Whilst Gordon and Spencer will never change, Murdoch can remind us that not all big people are so vain. I think we started to see this with Emily recently, so they would be good at supporting each other.

4. Fergus - he brings some structure and order in what the engines do. Which would be interesting to see on the railway side of things. Pairing him with Bill and Ben in series 7 was great for seeing how he dealt with engines who are completely different to him, but maybe seeing how he would stand up to the bigger engines that don't do things the way they are told would be interesting.

5. Arthur - he is the only large tank engine introduced that isn't Belle Razz . So he could be developed into a character that brings different values to the series.

6. Duke - he has a lot of stories to tell, and it would be good to see some episodes going into his past, same for Skarloey and Rheneas too. I don't think he has ever interacted with Duncan either, so it would be good to see how things develop between them.

I also think Rosie and Stanley need a return from years of cameos, they have more potential than any other engines introduced since series 9.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by WoodenRailwayStudio Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Great suggestions, guys! I also think it would be easier to re-introduce these characters since they don't have to make the models. They just have to digitally create them.
WoodenRailwayStudio
WoodenRailwayStudio
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThomasandFriendsVideoSeriesThomastheTa

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:44 am

Spoiler:
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:51 pm

ksammut wrote:Great suggestions, guys! I also think it would be easier to re-introduce these characters since they don't have to make the models. They just have to digitally create them.

Just saying, making 3D models can take just as long, if not longer than a physical model. They're incredibly complex and even more detailed than the models. Plus, they have to be animated, which is very difficult in itself. Not to mention the animated faces. It's not exactly an easy process.
SkarloeyRailway
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

http://ttte.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:45 pm

I'm sure CalleyFan could go into even more detail about the process of creating a 3D model. It can take weeks to make even the simplest item.
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:25 pm

On one hand, if you drop one of the models, they can break and would need to be repaired, which would be tricky. CGI models don't get damaged. You just need to make sure that you don't delete the file Razz .

On the other hand, when you have the model, you just need to make it move on the track and it can make its own steam, but CGI models have to have the steam and movement animated all the time.

But the people who make the TV series decided that CGI is a better way to do things than the models. So there must be more pros than cons to CGI.
JRCS
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Parker Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:34 pm

1. Trevor - for obvious reasons Rolling Eyes
2. Terence - He would be really good with a Farmer's accent and he'd complete the circle of friends for the Ffarquhar Branch Line Engines.
3. Molly - They need a female engine that can sort of bond the existing female steamers. Also see was only in about three episodes, so it's not like HiT did much with her.
4. BoCo - Keep Edward company and give/receive moral support. Keep the Twins in order when Timothy isn't about.
5. Daisy - Making sure that she learned her lesson from Percy's Predicament, she can be more kind hearted like she was in the Christopher Awdry Era. But still retain that comic relief in certain situations.

So that's me. Very Happy
Jamie Parker
Jamie Parker
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmgsZe2e9h3v9ntMH2XRnkQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx Walkerling Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:50 pm

I would like to see the Scottish Twins Return, because i'm Scottish as well. Smile
And maybe some of the engines that didn't get enough screen time, like Boco or Daisy.
Maxx Walkerling
Maxx Walkerling
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Alphys Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:56 pm

Hm.. I want.. THE LOGGING LOCOS! Very Happy

Haha, just kidding! Razz

I really hope BoCo, Stepney and Daisy to return. I just feel like they have some good potential, plus I simply think they're great characters. Plus, for Daisy, as Chris Tomson said in his blog, she was very underused and could've been a great character for children to learn from.
Dr. Alphys
Dr. Alphys
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSodor23 Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:06 am

With the exception of Lady, I don't mind anyone returning, though in particular, I would like George, Terence, BoCo, Daisy, Fergus, Derek, Murdoch and Alfie.
NWSodor23
NWSodor23
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next