Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

+52
Thomas Fan 2018
MainLineEngine112
Finn Tracy
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Neverlander22
Frankthetriviaman
TTTEFan1997
ScruffyRat1992
Superiosity
TheThomas120
vinnyvincevvs5
PolkaDotSideplates
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Toz76
OliverthewesternEngine11
Diesel 11
Petersamthenumber4
zachthethomasfan2001
Doc Knickerbocker
Hornbyfan1000
LadysM.Railroad
Teddy & Co.
duckfan9
Wellsworth1888
sailing on starways
Jace Maceo Rooney
bbll22
Niceptic
Rosalinaloves844
Zeke
DarthShaymin14
Metamorphical
coringo
ThomasSirHandel
JadeStudios
IsleofOdor
railwayfan03
NWSodor23
Dr. Alphys
Maxx Walkerling
Jamie Parker
JRCS
ThomasandStanley
TGC
Jwnewall
The Steampunk Whovian
ArthurEngine
Toby7
SkarloeyRailway
Number1Thomasfan1995
Tugboatfan4
WoodenRailwayStudio
56 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 6 Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Legend of the Lost Treasure will certainly narrow down the characters we can discuss in this thread. Now that we know that Daisy, Donald, Douglas, and much of the pack are returning, that takes care of almost all of the Awdry era, and most of the characters who weren't one-offs.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

What Characters Would You Like To See Return? - Page 6 Empty Re: What Characters Would You Like To See Return?

Post by zachthethomasfan2001 Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:25 pm

Toby the Tram Engine wrote:My only concern is for the Vicar of Wellsworth. Considering political correctness, would there have to be a Rabbi of Tidmouth? (Merely joking, of course.)

Well, Sodor is part of England so it would be mostly Christians. Idk how many Jewish people are in England though. But, I know your joking.
zachthethomasfan2001
zachthethomasfan2001
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Hmm... Here are my ideas refined after I became less of a fanboy... Yeah I was a bit of a fanboy as you could see from this thread... But now I'm different! Very Happy But I was one before... No But now I'm different! Very Happy But I was...

BoCo: long diesel for 1, Bill and Ben have to be watched outside of the clay pits, and Edward surely can't do that alone, knowing them

Derek: the clay pits are quite an environment where a banker would be nessicary in many situations, also teaching without learning segments

Trevor: model is made and is only used in 2 situations, at the fair in Emily and Dash, and in the intro, they just have to make a few faces, and one is in Emily and Dash

Terrence: I truly don't know WHY I want Terrence back, but I feel he would be a good addition, and we would have the Thomas' branchline set of characters complete (I forgot to say that with Trevor, BoCo, and Derek we would have the entire Edward's branchline set of characters complete)

Murdoch: quite different in character from Gordon or Spencer, and would indirectly teach kids that not everyone is the same, without shoving it in there like POW morals everybody

Arthur: the kipper is back, so why not have Arthur shunt it in place, and sometimes even take it when Henry can't, also I like his basis, we don't have that many large tank engines besides Belle.

So that was my long monologue about what characters I want!
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:47 am

TheGuysCast2 wrote:
Arthur: the kipper is back, so why not have Arthur shunt it in place, and sometimes even take it when Henry can't, also I like his basis, we don't have that many large tank engines besides Belle.

Wow! You managed to correct me about the reason I want Arthur back.
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Petersamthenumber4 Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:10 pm

BoCo and the 3 remaining narrow gauge engines Duke, Freddie and MightyMac because they're such good characters.
Petersamthenumber4
Petersamthenumber4
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Petersamthenumber4 Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Boco because he's such a good character
Petersamthenumber4
Petersamthenumber4
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Petersamthenumber4 Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:40 am

Breaking news!! Fergus is coming back for season 21!!!

Here's proof!!https://mobile.twitter.com/SodorMemez/status/624376970764288001
Petersamthenumber4
Petersamthenumber4
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by railwayfan03 Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:12 am

Petersamthenumber4 wrote:Breaking news!! Fergus is coming back for season 21!!!

Here's proof!!https://mobile.twitter.com/SodorMemez/status/624376970764288001

I don't know. It looks kinda fake to me.
railwayfan03
railwayfan03
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Petersamthenumber4 Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:16 am

Hey, I guess your right. But we'll have to wait and see if it's true or not.
Petersamthenumber4
Petersamthenumber4
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Very unlikely..

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:15 pm

Well...
1) The question asked was "do you prefer Fergus or Ferdinand". Mike Grady retweeted to support Fergus. It doesn't mean he's coming back (and if he was, nothing against Brady, but I think a different voice actor would be preferable).
2) The post was by "Sodormemez". Think about it.

I'd love to see Fergus return (all the S7 characters in general, actually, except maybe Arthur) but I don't think this is conclusive evidence of his debut. For all we know he could appear in season 19, 37, or as a scrap model in the background.
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:35 pm

Actually, After BoCo and Duke, I'd like to see Arthur and Murdoch return.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:53 am

To be honest, I only have a few characters now:

1. Duke - Yeah we have Skarloey and Rheneas, but his wise personality goes beyond just being wise; he's a bit grumpy and is more blunt than the aforementioned engines. A Paxton-Duke episode would be brilliant!

2. Trevor - I already explained how he's underused, so not much else to say. Except maybe have somehow new voice him. Maybe.

3. Arthur and Murdoch - They'd be impressive to look at for sure, but they also has unlocked potential.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Can we have Bertrum come as a tank engine with his line? Puhleeeese?
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Steampunk Whovian Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:48 am

I don't see why Bertram would come back. He didn't have much personality other than being brave, and the same concept has been done with other characters, albeit better (Gator and Duke are prime examples). They'd be better off introducing a new character.

~John
The Steampunk Whovian
The Steampunk Whovian
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

http://the-scarved-whovian.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:03 am

Reintroducing Bertram would be one of the most pointless decisions the show would ever make.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Eh,
EE93 brought him back and look at him now.
No persona: opportunity.
Rosie and Stanley had no real personas either, and they were introduced before Salty or Duck. Think about it
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:35 pm

DonaldDouglasandToby6 wrote:Reintroducing Bertram would be one of the most pointless decisions the show would ever make.

Not necessarily. They never said a thing about what he does, his personality, etc., etc. Like Luc said, EE93 has had him in many stories, and he is actually a big part of the series. I don't think that Bertram being reintroduced would be a bad idea, especially now with Brenner. I think it would work.
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:18 am

That's a fair point

On the one hand, we don't have much for Bertram, so not much to go on. On the other hand, it leaves him a blank slate for the writers.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:12 am

And I'm going with the latter. I really liked Toby's Discovery, so I hope they bring him back. (And make him the Shakespeare-loving engine we all love in the Enterprising Engines! series.)
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Hangar 18 wrote:And I'm going with the latter. I really liked Toby's Discovery, so I hope they bring him back. (And make him the Shakespeare-loving engine we all love in the Enterprising Engines! series.)

One of the main problems is fanon doesn't equal the actual show. Sure, EE93's series is great but you're never going to see it on the show because it's more complex than the current television series. That includes Bertram.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by zachthethomasfan2001 Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:55 am

Here are the characters I think and I want most in CGI at this point:

1) Boco- With Daisy back in SLOTLT, Boco is sure to be one of the returnnes in Season 19. SiF did state there will be returnees for Season 19 so Boco would be a fine returnee. He could keep Bill and Ben in order.

2) Terence- With the Thomas's Christmas Carol DVD coming out, Terence would be perfect for a winter episode. He could help tug out engines and vehicles out of the snow. Also, he could be in a farm centered episode delivering agricultural products or using his versatile talents.

3) Trevor- I know he only made a cameo in a Season 15 episode but Trevor will be the easiest to animate. Just bring back the orchard and Trevor and we could have an Edward and Trevor episode.

4) Arthur- The fishing village and Ballahoo are in CGI so Arthur can come back and have more fishy (don't mind that pun) adventures. He could have an episode centered around his line or doing his fish deliveries. 

5) Fearless Freddie- After seeing the new Trackmaster toy of Fearless Freddie, it seems on the box, there is like a CGI promo of Freddie. That could mean he could be returning soon. If there is a Skarloey Railway centered episode, then he would be perfect along if Duke returns as well in the future.

These are the top 5 that could be possible returnees for Season 19. I want more than just these 5 characters back but these characters just seem the most possible to return as of right now.
zachthethomasfan2001
zachthethomasfan2001
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:09 am

Honestly, I really don't want to see Freddie again, because I really disliked his introduction episode.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:17 am

I don't mind Freddie. I don't like him much, but he's better than say, Billy.

Spoiler:
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:25 am

BoCo and Duke are more likely then Billy, Fearless Freddie or Mighty Mac anyways.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next