Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could a Steam Engine Villain Work?

+11
PolkaDotSideplates
Toz76
Diesel 11
DonaldDouglasandToby6
paravail99
Frankthetriviaman
The Steampunk Whovian
Toby7
Doc Knickerbocker
ArthurEngine
Tugboatfan4
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Could a Steam Engine Villain Work? - Page 3 Empty Re: Could a Steam Engine Villain Work?

Post by Frankthetriviaman Thu May 12, 2016 4:04 am

I think we might just get this; my understanding is that one of the international steam engines will be a villain in this special.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Could a Steam Engine Villain Work? - Page 3 Empty Re: Could a Steam Engine Villain Work?

Post by TaffyTheTankEngine Thu May 12, 2016 6:42 am

Frankthetriviaman wrote:I think we might just get this; my understanding is that one of the international steam engines will be a villain in this special.

...and that steam engine villian is Vinnie by far. He looks the most menacing of all the international engines and he might be part of Diesels plan to sabotage his chances at the Great Railway Show.
TaffyTheTankEngine
TaffyTheTankEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:37 pm

I liked what they did with Vinnie in The Great Race. He is a steam engine, and he antagonized a diesel, but it had nothing to do with a steam/diesel prejudice. I'd love to have more characters like Vinnie. The only thing is that (this is more of a complaint about the entire movie than about Vinnie himself) I really wish The Great Race could have been a feature length film. I've seen almost the entire movie, and my biggest issue I'd that it was too short to achieve what it wanted to. Lost Treasure had the same problem, but they still made it work, and I was satisfied with the end result. With TGR, I was left feeling like it wasn't enough. If it was longer, we could have had more development with the international engines. Ashima had a good amount, but I wish we could've gotten to know the other engines, to the point where we could've almost even been rooting for them in the competitions, and cared about what happened to them. Or in Vinnie's case, given him some deeper rain to be so angry at Philip. It wouldn't even have to do with Locomocism (it's a thing now). I just think the movie was too selective to the Sodor engines. I get that they have to be, but I would've liked a little more balance. For instance, why does Sodor get to enter an engine in every competition, but all the other countries just get one?

I also would've liked more insight to the Gordon/Flying Scotsman relationship, though we may get more of that in the coming seasons, since it's been confirmed that the Flying Scotsman will appear again.

Well, I'm getting off topic, but my point is, we need more characters like Vinnie: big, mean, easily-angered, and daunting, but not necessarily "evil." I'd even be okay with making it a diesel, but I do think a stream engine would work better.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:49 am

I think a Steam Engine villain could work. It has worked with Hero of the Rails, in my opinion anyway. Spencer worked well for a villain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:49 am

Yes, as we have seen in Hero of the Rails, and more recently with The Great Race, the idea of a Steam Engine villain could definitely work in the Thomas universe. Will we see more in the future? Who knows
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3