Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know how fast the following engine's basis can go?

4 posters

Go down

Does anyone know how fast the following engine's basis can go? Empty Does anyone know how fast the following engine's basis can go?

Post by C.Syde65 Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:49 am

Is there anyone that knows how fast the following engine's basis can go?

Edward - Henry - Gordon - James - Percy - Toby - Arthur

It doesn't matter if not all of these are answered, but I would appreciate it if some of them were answered at least.

C.Syde65
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

http://csydes.wikia.com/wiki/C.Syde%27s_Wiki

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know how fast the following engine's basis can go? Empty Re: Does anyone know how fast the following engine's basis can go?

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Gordon: 100 mph.

Don't know the rest.

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know how fast the following engine's basis can go? Empty Re: Does anyone know how fast the following engine's basis can go?

Post by C.Syde65 Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Okay thanks. I knew Flying Scotsman could go that fast, but Gordon's dome came off in the story "Domeless Engines" so I wasn't sure if that meant he could go that fast. Of course that was probably just a story, and that Gordon's basis actually is capable of doing it in real life. After all he is Flying Scotsman's brother.

C.Syde65
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:29 pm

Diesel and all the other Class 08s can go about 15mph.
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:46 pm

Arthur- goes about 30 mph from what I could find

Toby- only number I found was 30 mph, but it could be wrong

Percy- He maxes at about 25 mph, based on what I read

Henry- (rebuilt as a black five). No one knows how fast they could go officially, but some were known to peak at 83 mph when they were in regular service
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:44 am

30 seems a bit fast for Toby. Where'd you get that figure?
Toby7
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:11 am

The other Thomas wiki I think; I'm not sure to be honest.  That was the first number i saw when I typed "J70 steam team speed" into a Google search
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Syde65 Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:21 am

That's funny, because I always interpreted a large tank engine Arthur to be able to go faster than that, even though size doesn't equal speed. Whether the said information about the speed of Arthur's basis above is correct, I can't tell.

I presume that James' basis would be able to go faster than Thomas' (which is 40 miles an hour according to his page on the TTTE wiki), but I don't know whether or not this is true. I have been told by someone who knows a lot about engines, that James' basis would be slower than Henry's.

C.Syde65
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:45 am

Gordon's top is 138 mph  affraid, but I think you'd be able to find that on the wikia.
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down