Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEGO Thomas Models?

2 posters

Go down

Would you buy LEGO Thomas models?

LEGO Thomas Models? I_vote_lcap86%LEGO Thomas Models? I_vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]
LEGO Thomas Models? I_vote_lcap0%LEGO Thomas Models? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
LEGO Thomas Models? I_vote_lcap14%LEGO Thomas Models? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

LEGO Thomas Models? Empty LEGO Thomas Models?

Post by Diesel 11 Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Somewhat unusual, I admit, but something I'm curious about. We've got some talented LEGO modelers, like laG roiL and TheSteampunkWhovian, and they do an excellent job. What I'm wondering, is what you think about LEGO Thomas models. Would you buy them if they made them? (And I'm not talking about Duplo. Wink )

Personally, yes. I'd love to buy LEGO Thomas models. I'm a fan of LEGOs, and they would certainly have a good home with me. Wink

So what do you think?
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

LEGO Thomas Models? Empty Re: LEGO Thomas Models?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Me, a talented LEGO modeller? Nice to get a good mention like this.

Regarding your question, if I were around in the 80s and they made them for the 12V train system as one of the first merchandise lines for the TV Series, I would've wanted them. The 12V sets were already based on European (German) trains to begin with, with no international designs, and they had some really fine locos for the time. In fact, the motors even had working siderods and middle wheels that could be attached to them, and they allowed you to get a similar siderod configuration to engines like Thomas.

LEGO Thomas Models? 7865_brickset

John Neal used it for this MOC ("My Own Creation") of James, and it's very accurate:

LEGO Thomas Models? Lego1210

However, if they made them for Power Functions like the LEGO City trains, I wouldn't've liked them as much. And don't get me started on their lackluster Duplo range. They never even made certain vital characters such as Bertie, Emily, Annie and Clarabel, and the existing models were mediocre, for obvious reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:10 pm

Well, lego has made excellent trains in the past (Emerald Night, to name one), so I have no doubt that with the right execution, they could pull it off.
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down