Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canon Discussion: Contradictions & Interpretations

+11
Tugboatfan4
Toz76
Diesel 11
Frankthetriviaman
Doc Knickerbocker
ThomasSirHandel
SkarloeyRailway
railwayfan03
JRCS
Toby7
OneJ_
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Canon Discussion: Contradictions & Interpretations - Page 2 Empty Re: Canon Discussion: Contradictions & Interpretations

Post by Frankthetriviaman Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:21 am

Wow, that is well constructed; think you will proceed beyond 1952?
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Canon Discussion: Contradictions & Interpretations - Page 2 Empty Re: Canon Discussion: Contradictions & Interpretations

Post by OneJ_ Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:18 am

Frankthetriviaman wrote:Wow, that is well constructed; think you will proceed beyond 1952?
I will. More will be coming soon!
OneJ_
OneJ_
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by OneJ_ Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:24 am

Here is my continuation of where I left off.

-Hiro is built as a rather early prototype of his basis and arrives on Sodor being one of the few locomotives on Sodor.
-Glynn and the other 3 Coffee Pots are built.

-Emily is built

-Ryan is built some time after Duck.

-Arry & Bert are built.
-Sidney is built.
-The Diesel Shunter is built.
-Trevor is sent for scrap.

-Duck arrives.
-Percy is sent to Thomas' Branch Line.
-Gertrude and Millicent have arrived.

-City of Truro visits.
-Diesel visits for his first time.
-Ada, Jane and Mabel arrive.
-Rusty is built and arrives on Sodor.

-Peter Sam has his accident with trucks.
-Duncan arrives.
-BoCo is built.

-Donald and Douglas arrive.
-The Spiteful Brakevan is crushed by Douglas.

-Daisy is built and arrives on Sodor.

-The Peel Godred Engines arrive on Sodor.
-Peter Sam is given a Giesl Ejector.

-Mavis is built and arrives on Sodor.
-Lord Harry, Alaric, and Eric arrive on Sodor.
-Stepney visits.
-The Diesel visits.

-Lord Harry is renamed Patrick.

-The Tidmouth-Arlesburgh Branch Line is built without the expansion to Harwick until Sodor's Legend of Lost Treasure.
-Bear is bulit.

-The one hundred anniversary of the Skarloey Railway is celebrated.
-BoCo is built.

-Mike is built.

-Blister I and Blister II arrive to help with the construction of the Small Railway.
-Bert, Mike and Rex arrive on Sodor.
-The Reverend Awdry and Reverend Teddy Boston visit.
-Flying Scotsman visits.
-7101 arrives and is soon renamed Bear and renumbered D3.
-The Tidmouth-Arlesburgh Branch Line is opened again and is run by Duck.
-Oliver, Toad and Dulcie arrive on Sodor after being rescued by Douglas.
-Dulcie, Alice and Mirabel are rescued from scrap to work with Oliver and Duck.
-Frank arrives.

-Bulgy arrives and is turned into a hen house.

-Sigrid of Arlesdale is built and arrives.
-Duke is discovered by Francis Duncan, the Reverend W. Awdry and Reverend Teddy Boston.

1971-1972
-The Fifth Season of the TV Series takes place.
-Cranky, Butch, Derek, Thumper, Arry and Bert arrive.
-Old Slow Coach is renovated.
-Bertram is discovered by Toby's crew.
-The Island of Sodor has a record number of incidents, particularly on the Railways of Sodor.

1973-1974
-The Sixth Season of the TV Series takes place.
-The Pack, Harvey, and Salty arrive.
-Elizabeth is put back into service.

1975-1976
-The Seventh Season of the TV Series takes place.
-Emily, Fergus, Arthur and Murdoch arrive.
-Spencer visits for his first time.

1976-1977
-The Eighth Season of the TV Series takes place.

The Great Discovery takes place. (This was done due to the amount of contradictions of it taking place in 1958.)
-Stanley arrives.

-Hero of the Rails takes place.
-Victor, Kevin and Luke arrive.
-Sidney arrives with no new wheels.
-Hiro is renovated and currently on loan with NWR and the railway in Japan.

-Blue Mountain Mystery takes place.
-Paxton is built and arrives.

-King of the Railway takes place.
-Stephen arrives.
-Connor and Cailtlyn constantly arrive.
-Pip and Emma are built.

1982-1983
-The Seventeenth Season takes place.
-Porter arrives.

-Tale of the Brave takes place.

1984-1985
-The Eighteenth Season takes place.
-Samson visits.
-The Slip Coaches arrive.

1986-1987
-The Nineteenth Season takes place.

Sodor's Legend of Lost Treasure takes place.
-Ryan arrives.
-The Arlesburgh-Harwick Branch Line is built.

(I apologize for the amount of text!)

Last edited by OneJ_QuintupleA on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
OneJ_
OneJ_
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:37 am

A very good timeline!
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:59 am

But what about Rosie, Rocky, Whiff, Scruff, etc?
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Tugboatfan4 Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:03 pm

And the rest of the diesels? D10, Den, Dart, and Norman?
Tugboatfan4
Tugboatfan4
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by OneJ_ Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:11 pm

Tugboatfan4 wrote:And the rest of the diesels? D10, Den, Dart, and Norman?
Don't worry! I will be working on the other engines right about now.
OneJ_
OneJ_
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by OneJ_ Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Part 3:

-Mr. Percival becomes the controller of the Culdee Fell Railway.

-Jerome and Judy are built and arrive on Sodor shortly after the NWR was unified by three other railways.

-Marion is built.
-Millie is built and bought by the Earl to work on another part of Sodor before being locked in her shed for a long time.

-Victor is built.

-Stafford is built.

-Caitlyn is built.

-Bertie is built.

-Bertie arrives.

-Timothy is built.
-Connor is built.

-Neville is built.

-Rosie is built.

-Rocky is built.

-Charlie is built some time after Bill and Ben.

-Scruff is built.

-Norman is built.

-Belle is built.

-Murdoch is built.

-The Works Diesel is built

-Flynn is built.

-Diesel 10 arrives causing havoc on Sodor. He also helped Sodor increase to a record number of incidents.
-Den is built.

-Dart is built.

-Kevin is built.

-Diesel officially becomes a permanent resident of the North Western Railway after a numerous amount of visits.

-Rosie, Molly, Neville, Timothy, Whiff, Rocky, and Flora arrive.

-The Vicarstown Dieselworks gets a major upgrade after a fire.
-Den, Dart and Norman arrive.

-Winston is built and arrives.

-Scruff arrives.

-The Works Diesel arrives.

-Marion arrives.

-Fred is built and arrives.
OneJ_
OneJ_
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:00 am

I have a theory that Seasons 1-4 and Seasons 6-7 could of been separate alternate canons. Season 5 could go for both canons. I know all of Seasons 1-7 is canon in the reconnected series but my theory is just works for the original seasons. "Thomas and the Jet Engine" supports this theory as Thomas wanted to go fast as Gordon for once but he did in "Thomas and Gordon/Thomas Gets Tricked" and he hated it. In the Seasons 6-7 canon characters like BoCo, Daisy, Derek, Sir Handel and Duke don't exist. Stock footage doesn't count. Season 5 occurring in both canons could explain the switching between the large scale and small scale narrow gauge engine models (in show) as the large scale models of the narrow gauge engines exist in a parallel universe. This could also explain why engines worked at different locations starting around these seasons. Double Teething Troubles would of had to only occur in the Seasons 1-4 canon as BoCo and Derek are present. Toby's Discovery would of occurred in the Seasons 6-7 canon due to the castle appearing in Season 6. Also explains any persona changes of characters during these seasons.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:34 am

ThomasSirHandel wrote:I have a theory that Seasons 1-4 and Seasons 6-7 could of been separate alternate canons. Season 5 could go for both canons. I know all of Seasons 1-7 is canon in the reconnected series but my theory is just works for the original seasons. "Thomas and the Jet Engine" supports this theory as Thomas wanted to go fast as Gordon for once but he did in "Thomas and Gordon/Thomas Gets Tricked" and he hated it. In the Seasons 6-7 canon characters like BoCo, Daisy, Derek, Sir Handel and Duke don't exist. Stock footage doesn't count. Season 5 occurring in both canons could explain the switching between the large scale and small scale narrow gauge engine models (in show) as the large scale models of the narrow gauge engines exist in a parallel universe. This could also explain why engines worked at different locations starting around these seasons. Double Teething Troubles would of had to only occur in the Seasons 1-4 canon as BoCo and Derek are present. Toby's Discovery would of occurred in the Seasons 6-7 canon due to the castle appearing in Season 6. Also explains any persona changes of characters during these seasons.

The size of the NG engines doesn't really matter because they're both used often in the same episodes like in Snow or even Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out. Also, that's like saying S17 is a different canon than S18 because Oliver wasn't there yet.
DonaldDouglasandToby6
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:39 am

Seasons 1-7, 17 and 18 are all part of the reconnected series. I was just talking about the original versions of Seasons 1-4 and 6-7 in general. My theory wouldn't work if it was the reconnected series.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:48 pm

As copypasted from my fanfic thread (2 games are used in here, Ask The Narrow Gauge Engines and 3WSR, which both are deleted sadly)

Seasons 1-4 are replaced by the railway series, season 5 is canon, parts of 6-7 are taken out because of inconsistency, and only parts of 8 are canon, and 17+ is also. For seasons 9-11 the events are scripted and are actually filmed on Sodor, which was actually inspired by ask the narrow gauge engines. Although many engines had replicas created for the... Unrealistic and out of character scenes... (Cough Skarloey on the incline cough (don't ban me for reminding you Seamus Canon Discussion: Contradictions & Interpretations - Page 2 Icon_wink )) all the areas are real, and the characters are real, but the episodes are scripted. 13-16 are when the engines wouldn't do any of the things on the scripts, so the show turned to CGI (speaking of that, in this canon the show turned back to models in season 17 because the engines were ok with the new scripts, but I can dream...) other things are that Misty island DID have bash, dash, and Ferdinand, but the engines hated them almost as much as we do, but the three were soon replaced by Puffa after the tugs and Puffa came to Sodor, between season 19 and season 20, which would make a season 19.5 which are the events of 3WSR after the bronze Mage is defeated, speaking of that the events of old 3WSR happen right after season 16 was made, which makes season 16.5, the events of new 3WSR when the colorfolk come back happens after season 17 making season 17.5, and the tugboats come to Sodor happen right after season 18, which makes season 18.5.

You probably don't understand any of that, and I understand, you either didn't go on 3WSR after it got to all the good parts, or didn't touch ask the narrow gauge engines, or simply doesn't go on the game board.
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:38 pm

So much of this is from 3WSR?
Diesel 11
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:50 am

Seasons 1-4 could work as a separate canon. In the Reconnected Series Seasons 1-4 are replaced with The Adventure Begins and the Railway Series. Parts of Seasons 5-8 could go in the Season 1-4 canon. Seasons 5-8 are also canon in the Reconnected Series timeline. The New Series and the Nitrogen Series are also separate canons. In those canons Duck, Donald, Douglas, Oliver, BoCo, Daisy, Derek, Stepney, Duke and Toad don't exist. Any Seasons 11-12 episodes with those characters can go in the Reconnected Series. It's also possible that the events of the Railway Series that never got adapted occurred alternately in the Seasons 1-4 timeline. Thomas and the Magic Railroad, Calling All Engines and Magazine Stories are also 3 other separate canons. Annuals can go with the Railway Series timeline and I consider the extended Railway Series it's own canon too.

*The Railway Series/Annuals (Engines resemble their appearances in the books)
*The Extended Railway Series (Alternate extended version of the RWS and the engines resemble their basis)
*Seasons 1-4 (Engines resemble metallic glossy toys; Possibly also has parts of Seasons 5-7 and the Railway Series stories that never got adapted)
*Thomas and the Magic Railroad (Edward, Duck, Donald, Douglas, Oliver, Bill, Ben, Stepney, Emily, Arthur, Harvey, Murdoch, Diesel, Daisy, BoCo, Bear, Derek, Mavis and the narrow gauge engines don't exists; Sodor is also a alternate world form the real world.)
*New Series (Duck, Donald, Douglas, Oliver, Daisy, BoCo, Bear, Derek don't exist; The engines resemble their appearances and personas in the New Series)
*Calling All Engines
*Nitrogen Series (Duck, Donald, Douglas, Oliver, Daisy, BoCo, Bear, Derek don't exist and the engines resemble their appearances and personas in the Nitrogen Series)
*Reconnected Series (Current Series; The engines resemble their appearance and personas in Season 17-Onward; This could be the most extended canon)
*Magazine Stories

The Reconnected Series
*The Adventure Begins
*Season 1 (RWS order)
*Season 2 (RWS order)
*Season 3 (RWS order; Original/magazine adapted stories are also canon)
*Small Railway Engines
*Enterprising Engines
*Oliver the Western Engine
*Season 4 (RWS order)
*Season 5
*Season 6 (All except Edward the Really Useful Engine)
*Season 7
*Season 8 (All but Thomas Saves the Day)
*Season 9 (Molly's Special Special, Mighty Mac, Rheneas and the Dinosaur, Thomas and the New Engine and Thomas' Day Off only)
*Season 10 (Thomas and the Jet Plane, Fearless Freddie and Thomas and the Birthday Mail only)
*Season 11 (Thomas and the Storyteller, Emily's Rubbish, Hector the Horrid, Gordon and the Engineer and the Engines and Escapades episodes only)
*The Great Discovery (altered date)
*Season 12 (excluding Push Me, Pull You)
*Hero of the Rails (altered plot)
*Season 13 (The Lion of Sodor, Tickled Pink, Double Trouble, Play Time and A Blooming Mess only)
*Season 14 (James in the Dark, Pingy Pongy Pick Up and Thomas and Scruff only)
*Day of the Diesels
*Season 16 (Flash Bang Wallop!, Welcome Stafford and Happy Birthday Sir! only)
*Blue Mountain Mystery
*Season 17
*King of the Railway
*Season 18
*Season 19
*Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure
*Season 20-Onward

Reconnected Classic Series Canon (Includes Seasons 1-4 and Possibly also Includes Parts of Seasons 5-7 and the Pack spin-off and alternate versions of the Railway Series stories that never got adapted during Seasons 1-4)
*Season 1
*Season 2
*Season 3
*Season 4

Possibly Includes Parts of
*Unadapted Railway Series stories
*Season 5
*Season 6
*Jack and the Pack
*Season 7
*Season 8

New Series Canon
*Season 8
*Season 9
*Season 10
*Season 11 (excluding Gordon and the Engineer)
*The Great Discovery
*Season 12 (excluding episodes with Duck, Donald, Douglas, Oliver, Stepney and Toad)

Nitrogen Series Canon
*Hero of the Rails
*Season 13
*Misty Island Rescue
*Season 14
*Season 15
*Day of the Diesels
*Season 16
*Blue Mountain mystery

North Western Railway (Reconnected Series)

Thomas, Edward, Henry, Gordon, James, Percy, Toby, Duck, Donald, Douglas, Oliver, Bill, Ben, Stepney, Emily, Arthur, Harvey, Murdoch, Fergus, Molly, Neville, Rosie, Whiff, Stanley, Victor, Scruff, Belle, Flynn, Stafford, Porter, Stephen, Millie, Diesel, Daisy, BoCo, Bear, Derek, Salty, Mavis, Pip and Emma

Skarloey Railway
Skarloey, Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Rusty, Duncan, Ivo Hugh, Duke, Bertram, Fearless Freddie, Mighty Mac, Luke

Arlesdale Railway
Rex, Bert, Mike, Jock, Frank, Blister Brothers, Sigrid of Arlesdale

Visiting/Loaned
Spencer, Hiro, Charlie, Conner, Caitlin, Samson, 'Arry, Bert, Diesel 10, Den, Dart, Dennis, Norman, Paxton, Sidney, D199/Spamcan, Bowler (Class 40), Old Stuck Up

Rolling Stock
Annie, Clarabel, Henrietta, S.C. Ruffey, Toad, Express Coaches, Red Coaches, Mail Coaches, Troublesome Trucks/Vans, Skarloey Railway Coaches and Rolling Stock, Rocky, Jerome and Judy, Brakevans

Road/Off Rail
Bertie, Terence, Trevor, Harold, Bulgy, George, Caroline, Bulstrode, Cranky, Horrid Lorries, Butch, The Pack

Last edited by ThomasSirHandel on Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:19 am

Hangar 18 wrote:So much of this is from 3WSR?
99.99% of 3WSR is canon in this canon
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:51 pm

What's 3WSR?
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:20 am

It was like 3WS, but you post sentences and paragraphs instead of just 3 words, however it was deleted but lives on here 3wsr.proboards.com
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:38 am

My personal canon:

Season 1-19
All the movies/specials
The RWS
The annuals and magazines
Anything else

That's right! I don't waste time retconning what I don't like. I accept it and move on.
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:51 am

For me, the dark era I treat as the engines having had bad dreams, and only seasons 1-6, some of 7 and 17 onwards really happened
Frankthetriviaman
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:32 pm

And whats 3WS?
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:56 pm

Toz76 wrote:My personal canon:

Season 1-19
All the movies/specials
The RWS
The annuals and magazines
Anything else

That's right! I don't waste time retconning what I don't like. I accept it and move on.

The RWS/Annuals, TATMR, CAE, the magazines and most of Seasons 8-16 conflicts to much with Seasons 1-7 and Season 17-Onward which is why we have them as separate canons.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:08 am

So? I can sort out contradictions as they arise. I never said they happened in that order anyway.

It kind of bugs me how people just ignore things that contradict with their ideas of perfection. We have to take the good with the bad.
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:41 am

Stepney has different history in the RWS and TV Series and there are 3 fat controllers in the RWS while only one in the TV Series. Percy appeared in the TV Series version of Herny and the Elephant when he didn't arrive yet during those events of the RWS version. Seasons 8-16 seem to include nothing from Seasons 1-7.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by PolkaDotSideplates Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:10 am

Almost a different show!
PolkaDotSideplates
PolkaDotSideplates
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by OneJ_ Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:18 am

ThomasSirHandel wrote:Stepney has different history in the RWS and TV Series and there are 3 fat controllers in the RWS while only one in the TV Series. Percy appeared in the TV Series version of Herny and the Elephant when he didn't arrive yet during those events of the RWS version. Seasons 8-16 seem to include nothing from Seasons 1-7.

I understand that Seasons 8-16 include very little to nothing of the Classic/Railway Series. However, in Season 9 the name Culdee was mentioned as a name for some caves and in Season 8, Kellsthorpe Road Station is introduced. I know your beliefs on canon, but I just wanted state those few facts looking back at it now!
OneJ_
OneJ_
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next