Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular Thomas Opinions

+52
ndoresky
TheThomasSpectrum
mca0004
SCampo98
MarioLuigiGCFan
MainLineEngine112
TheThomas120
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
ThomasWoodenRailway
Superiosity
OliverthewesternEngine11
Doc Knickerbocker
ArthurEngine
Frankthetriviaman
railwayfan03
Diesel 11
Nykrivas
OneJ_
PolkaDotSideplates
TaffyTheTankEngine
IsleofOdor
TGC
LadysM.Railroad
Culdee Fell
trainfan21
Spleenycat
zachthethomasfan2001
RD1997
Shimmering Sparkles
DuckFan98
Hornbyfan1000
Teddy & Co.
Sergeant Sunflower
whyofbladez
TerenceTractor702
jdogman
biggcitydockrailway1999
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Tobias Jay
Finn Tracy
ThomasSirHandel
TheSCC&ScottishTwins
bbll22
NWSodor23
sailing on starways
Zeke
miipack603
The Steampunk Whovian
SkarloeyRailway
Toz76
Dr. Alphys
JRCS
56 posters

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Go down

Unpopular Thomas Opinions - Page 28 Empty Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by TheThomasSpectrum Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:08 am

TheThomasSpectrum wrote:Ooh, I like these types of threads! Here's mine:

1. Arc's animation is better than the New Series models and, at times, is as good as the Classic Series models. All 3, however, are better than Nitrogen's animation.

2. The Hornby models are significantly better than their Bachmann counterparts, and that includes Edward and Emily.

3. I like the large scale models of the Skarloey engines more than their small scale models. I'm not saying that their small scale counterparts were bad, but I like their large scale models more.

4. I like Alec Baldwin's narration, even in S6. He's my favorite narrator in the entire show. Conversely, I do not like George Carlin's narration. He's my least favorite narrator.

5. I don't like Renshaw's rendition of Donald & Douglas's theme. It's my least favorite theme for them. I even liked their U.S. S7 theme more.

6. Michael Brandon did a better job narrating S7-16 than Michael Angelis did.

7. I don't think Thomas and the Magic Railroad is all that bad, but it's not perfect. While TGD and BMM came very close, KOTR was the first special to be better than Magic Railroad.

8. Season 3 is a great season. Massively underrated, you might say.

9. Season 4 is not the best season. If anything, it's overrated. There are too many narrow gauge stories and other than the Stepney stories, the standard gauge stories feel like filler to make the 26 episode limit. I'm tired of hearing how seemingly perfect it is. It doesn't have the best stories or sets or lighting.

I've got two more unpopular opinions:

10. I prefer the friendship between Thomas and Bertie more than Thomas and Percy.

11. I like the restored versions of the classic series more than the originals. Some might say "Why? The restored versions have errors, they show studio equipment, and, in the case of the episode Coal, show a blooper."  To which I say "That's why I like them. I personally like seeing the studio equipment and bloopers in the episodes."
TheThomasSpectrum
TheThomasSpectrum
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ndoresky Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:01 pm

This thread sounds like fun.

1. Thomas and the Magic Railroad was the best thomas movie/special until Lost Treasure and TAB.
2. Season 21 is bad.
3. Season 3 is amazing.
4. Andrew Brenner is not Jesus. As far as modern Thomas writers goes, Helen Farrall is the best.

ndoresky
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheThomas120 Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:04 am

1. I like the Brenner era more than the Classic Series. The Classic Series is great too, I just personally prefer the Brenner era.
2. I like Season 3 more than Season 4, mostly for some issues that Season 4 has.
3. Duck and the Slip Coaches isn't in my Top 3 favorite Season 18 episodes. Still a great episode though.
4. I hate Day of the Diesels more than Misty Island Rescue. Although, Misty Island Rescue still makes a close second.
5. I like Henry's Forest more than The Flying Kipper. Both episodes are amazing though.
6. I find Season 6 to be the weakest Classic Series season. It has the worst narration of the series, and the worst of the classic series. I still like it though.
7. I like both Blue Mountain Mystery and Journey Beyond Sodor more than King of the Railway. All three specials are very good.
8. A Shed for Edward is my favorite Season 21 episode, and one of my favorites of the whole series.
9. Season 8 is, in my opinion, the least bad season from Seasons 8-16, as it didn't have as many awful episodes as we'd get in those future seasons, and I felt it was decent enough.
10. I don't think the upcoming BWBA stuff looks that bad. Sure, it doesn't look great, I'll admit that, but for me, personally, it doesn't look much worse than Seasons 13-16.
TheThomas120
TheThomas120
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by zem2point0 Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:16 pm

I didn't lose my mind over the switch to CGI... Believe it or not, that was an extremely unpopular opinion 10 years ago, people were freaking out!

Which brings me to, I'm not going to freak out about Big World, Big Adventures either... Though I'm not as positive about this as the CGI switch.

If they ruin the show this time, we've still got all our favorite seasons and books from the past. I don't necessarily require new content.
zem2point0
zem2point0
Earl of Sodor
Earl of Sodor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheThomasSpectrum Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:36 am

ThomasGaming64 wrote:1. I like the Brenner era more than the Classic Series. The Classic Series is great too, I just personally prefer the Brenner era.
2. I like Season 3 more than Season 4, mostly for some issues that Season 4 has.
3. Duck and the Slip Coaches isn't in my Top 3 favorite Season 18 episodes. Still a great episode though.
4. I hate Day of the Diesels more than Misty Island Rescue. Although, Misty Island Rescue still makes a close second.
5. I like Henry's Forest more than The Flying Kipper. Both episodes are amazing though.
6. I find Season 6 to be the weakest Classic Series season. It has the worst narration of the series, and the worst of the classic series. I still like it though.
7. I like both Blue Mountain Mystery and Journey Beyond Sodor more than King of the Railway. All three specials are very good.
8. A Shed for Edward is my favorite Season 21 episode, and one of my favorites of the whole series.
9. Season 8 is, in my opinion, the least bad season from Seasons 8-16, as it didn't have as many awful episodes as we'd get in those future seasons, and I felt it was decent enough.
10. I don't think the upcoming BWBA stuff looks that bad. Sure, it doesn't look great, I'll admit that, but for me, personally, it doesn't look much worse than Seasons 13-16.

Finally, someone else that likes Season 3 more than Season 4. I have a feeling that we're going to get along swimmingly.
TheThomasSpectrum
TheThomasSpectrum
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TunefulToots Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:04 am

I have some really weird opinions, so here they are.

1. Emily is a better and more developed character than Duck.

2. Seasons 8 - 11 weren't that bad. 8 and 9 were actually pretty good.

3. Edward is one of the most boring characters.

4. CAE is actually pretty decent. Much better than TATMR.

5. TGR is better than SLOTLT.

6. I really dislike how Thomas and James have been portrayed ever since Season 20. They've had their trademark personality traits stretched out way too much. They've made James' vanity and turned it into an excuse to make him a punching bag. And Thomas is now just a Gary Stu-esque character.

7. Original stories are better and more interesting than RWS stories.

8. Lady is a horrible character, hand's down.

9. I really don't like Rebecca. She's practically just Molly but instead of having an actual personality, she's just the stereotypical annoyingly innocent character everyone loves.

10. I'm not that bothered by unrealism.

11. Season 4 isn't the best season in the Classic Era. That title goes to Season 2.

12. I prefer Rosie's Lavender livery rather than her Cherry Red one.

13. I actually somewhat enjoy Season 13.

14. I don't know if this counts as a TTTE Opinion, (Since this is an opinion about it's Sister Series) but I find TUGS extremely boring and at times, uninteresting. (Munitions and the episode with the goods engine are pretty good though.)

15. I want Molly, Neville, Murdoch, and Derek to return more than BoCo or Duke.

16. I really enjoyed BWBA.

Last edited by TunefulToots on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
TunefulToots
TunefulToots
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheThomas120 Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:57 am

I have some more unpopular opinions.

1. Edward and Henry are better off as secondary characters.
2. Philip is the most overhated character in the series.
3. The Great Race is one of the worst specials.
4. Season 21 is in my top 5 favorite seasons of the show.
5. Emily in the Middle is one of the worst Brenner era episodes.
6. Season 14 is the least bad Nitrogen season.
7. Wonky Whistle > Sodor Surprise Day
8. Toad > Oliver
9. Season 18 > Season 1
10. Timothy > BoCo
TheThomas120
TheThomas120
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:03 am

TunefulToots wrote:I have some really weird opinions, so here they are.

1. Emily is a better and more developed character than Duck.

2. Seasons 8 - 11 weren't that bad. 8 and 9 were actually pretty good.

3. Edward is one of the most boring characters.

4. CAE is actually pretty decent. Much better than TATMR.

5. TGR is better than SLOTLT.

6. I really dislike how Thomas and James have been portrayed ever since Season 20. They've had their trademark personality traits stretched out way too much. They've made James' vanity and turned it into an excuse to make him a punching bag. And Thomas is now just a Gary Stu-esque character.

7. Original stories are better and more interesting than RWS stories.

8. Lady is a horrible character, hand's down.

9. I really don't like Rebecca. She's practically just Molly but instead of having an actual personality, she's just the stereotypical annoyingly innocent character everyone loves.

10. I'm not that bothered by unrealism.

11. Season 4 isn't the best season in the Classic Era. That title goes to Season 2.

12. I prefer Rosie's Lavender livery rather than her Cherry Red one.

13. I actually somewhat enjoy Season 13.

14. I don't know if this counts as a TTTE Opinion, (Since this is an opinion about it's Sister Series) but I find TUGS extremely boring and at times, uninteresting. (Munitions and the episode with the goods engine are pretty good though.)

15. I want Molly, Neville, Murdoch, and Derek to return more than BoCo or Duke.

16. I really enjoyed BWBA.

My thoughts on yours...

1. I do prefer Duck, but I do agree that Emily is actually written pretty well and nicely fleshed out... at least in S8-12, when she, yknow, had a personality. Gosh I love S8-12 Emily so much more than “nice” S7/17 onwards Emily.

2. Agree for the most part.

3. Very much don’t.

4. Both are kinda guilty pleasures for me but I do actually prefer CAE.

5. I don’t really mind TGR but it doesn’t hold a candle to SLOTLT imo.

6. I agree in regards to Thomas in most episodes, James to a lesser extent too but I enjoy a lot of his material too.

7. Just depends on the story itself for me.

8. I can’t really call her a *terrible* character... I just struggle calling her a character period. It’s been confirmed that she doesn’t even really exist in-universe.

9. How was Molly any different? All she was was just... shy. I think Rebecca’s honestly got more personality. Though I’d love to see both of them developed more.

10. I agree to some extent.

11. Geez that’s a toughie. Love ‘em both.

12. Same.

13. When I was younger I did. Now, less so.

14. Disagree.

15. I think I’d rather have Molly or Murdoch, and especially Dennis, back over BoCo maybe. Don’t really care about Neville at all. (Seriously, what is Neville’s personality supposed to be? Even the producers struggled to describe him in a behind the scenes video with Pierce Brosnan). I don’t think anyone deserves to return more than Duke though.

16. I enjoyed it too. Not great, but pretty solid overall.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheThomasSpectrum Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:24 am

- I think Seasons 3 and 5 are more visually appealing than Season 4.

- With the exception of Rusty, I prefer the large scale models over their small scale counterparts.
TheThomasSpectrum
TheThomasSpectrum
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:05 pm

Unpopular opinion: Duck has a personality. He’s a total smartass.
TGC
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by railwayfan03 Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:40 pm

New unpopular opinions of mine...
-I did not like Season 22...
-I don't know what to feel with the BWBA special.
-I prefer Henry and Edward (plus Toby) over Nia and Rebecca (although I do not hate them) for spots on the Steam Team (although it should have never been created in the first place).

Last edited by railwayfan03 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
railwayfan03
railwayfan03
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:22 am

- Season 22 was hit and miss. There were some good episodes, but there were some bad ones too.
- The Big World! Big Adventures movie was meh. Not as bad as I expected it to be, but most certainly not good either.
- The Steam Team concept should never have existed to begin with.
- Apology Impossible's my new most hated episode. Yes, I despise it more than The Christmas Tree Express. Apology Impossible stooped James' persona to a new low, making him too arrogant for his own good, and Philip's backups (Paxton, Rebecca and Thomas) lead to.... nothing. This episode is a clue that the show's gone on too long.
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:16 pm

-Apology Impossible would have worked if it was a Percy and Diesel 10 episode.
-I like both the brown Trackmaster and blue Tomy track, but I despise the gray Trackmaster 2 track. It looks like something which would belong in a hotwheels set.
-I prefer Daisy on the Ffarquhar branch instead of the Harwick branch. Barry and Sheffield run the Harwick with Ryan in my canon. Plus, it felt too forced when they added Daisy to the Harwick as she barely had any stories on the Ffarquhar branch in the TV Series due to her long absence.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbyjoe Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:27 am

Here are some of my own:

- The writing team should have made Molly a permanent character instead of creating Rebecca.

Bobbyjoe
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:43 am

They were created by different writing teams during different eras, but it would've been better if Molly appeared more and had other large roles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ycrep 6 Drawde 2 Wed May 06, 2020 3:38 pm

I’ve a ton of new opinions to put in:
1. I actually am ok with where BWBA is going, I like the cheery direction of the show now, and while there are still problems that need to be fixed, I like where it is now.
2. I dislike Duck’s personality change and his phrase”the great western way, or the wrong way” is very annoying and undermines otherwise good episodes like Duck and the slip coaches.
3. I like Toby’s cgi series personality. *runs for cover*
4. I like TATMRR. My favorite season was the fifth so I enjoyed the film and still do as a guilty pleasure. (I grew up with series five)
5. I don’t care about Duke, BoCo or stepney returning because none of them really have my interest even now.
6. Series 8 was better than most of series 7.
7. I want to see several older locations we Haven’t seen in awhile, namely Knapford Harbour and Tidmouth Harbour.
Ycrep 6 Drawde 2
Ycrep 6 Drawde 2
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheThomas120 Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:52 pm

The worst BWBA era episode is Apology Impossible
TheThomas120
TheThomas120
Station Pilot
Station Pilot