Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular Thomas Opinions

+52
ndoresky
TheThomasSpectrum
mca0004
SCampo98
MarioLuigiGCFan
MainLineEngine112
TheThomas120
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
ThomasWoodenRailway
Superiosity
OliverthewesternEngine11
Doc Knickerbocker
ArthurEngine
Frankthetriviaman
railwayfan03
Diesel 11
Nykrivas
OneJ_
PolkaDotSideplates
TaffyTheTankEngine
IsleofOdor
TGC
LadysM.Railroad
Culdee Fell
trainfan21
Spleenycat
zachthethomasfan2001
RD1997
Shimmering Sparkles
DuckFan98
Hornbyfan1000
Teddy & Co.
Sergeant Sunflower
whyofbladez
TerenceTractor702
jdogman
biggcitydockrailway1999
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Tobias Jay
Finn Tracy
ThomasSirHandel
TheSCC&ScottishTwins
bbll22
NWSodor23
sailing on starways
Zeke
miipack603
The Steampunk Whovian
SkarloeyRailway
Toz76
Dr. Alphys
JRCS
56 posters

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Unpopular Thomas Opinions - Page 27 Empty Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by MainLineEngine112 Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:55 pm

Definitely not. Unless if we're still calling BWBA part of the Brenner era.

One reason I kinda want the show to end is that when I'm planning out my eventual WR series, I'll connect everything to the current show, but then each new special contradicts what I have in mind. Ending it would give me a lot more creative liberty.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:44 am

And to add to my thoughts on Big World Big Adventures, I don't care if it becomes a success, I don't care if it gets any positive reviews, Thomas has ended to me.
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:58 pm

ArthurEngine wrote:And to add to my thoughts on Big World Big Adventures, I don't care if it becomes a success, I don't care if it gets any positive reviews, Thomas has ended to me.

You haven't even seen it yet. Maybe it will be great, the new characters will be fantastic, and it will remain true to the series. It's fine to not look forward to it, but condemning it before you even see it is just unwise.
Toz76
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:12 am

I've been feeling this way lately, but...

I would accept Edward leaving Tidmouth Sheds if Thomas and Percy went back to Ffarquhar Sheds.

And as a matter of fact, since it was confirmed that an engine has to live in Tidmouth Sheds to be part of the main cast, Tidmouth Sheds have become my least favourite engine shed on Sodor.
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:23 am

ArthurEngine wrote:I've been feeling this way lately, but...

I would accept Edward leaving Tidmouth Sheds if Thomas and Percy went back to Ffarquhar Sheds.

And as a matter of fact, since it was confirmed that an engine has to live in Tidmouth Sheds to be part of the main cast, Tidmouth Sheds have become my least favourite engine shed on Sodor.

Totally agree there. Having Thomas, Percy, and Toby all back together at Ffarquhar would be great, but sadly, it's very unlikely.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by railwayfan03 Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:56 am

MainLineEngine112 wrote:
ArthurEngine wrote:I've been feeling this way lately, but...

Totally agree there. Having Thomas, Percy, and Toby all back together at Ffarquhar would be great, but sadly, it's very unlikely.
A real shame, indeed. Sad
railwayfan03
railwayfan03
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:51 am

I've also been thinking lately. If Edward and Henry share the same shed in BWBA, maybe I will give it a try, even if I still ain't looking forward to it.
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Thomas, Edward, Percy and Toby should have been based at their correct branch line sheds since Season 3 onward. I would also put Emily on the Brendam Branch to work with Edward and BoCo in my timeline seeing she has no official work base.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:44 pm

I feel like Emily is better suited to work on the Peel Godred/Misty Valley Branch Line, like she did in S9 or 10 or whatever it was. But tbh, I'm content with her being a main line engine.

For my series that I'll be making... eventually... I've mapped out the entire NWR, where every single engine is based, where they sleep, what their official number is, etc. I did the same with the Skarloey, Culdee Fell, and Arlesdale.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 am

Misty Valley is a connection between Thomas' branch line and the Little Western in my timeline. It has no purpose of being it's own branch line and also I prefer Callan Station on the Little Western for another reason why I think the line is useless.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Geographically, that doesn't quite fit. I honestly just consider Misty Valley to just be part of the Peel Godred Branch Line. Besides, Thomas' Branch Line and the Little Western already have two connecting points: the Main Line Loop and Toby's Branch Line (which I also consider an extension of Thomas').
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaromir Jagr's Mullet Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:25 pm

MainLineEngine112 wrote:I feel like Emily is better suited to work on the Peel Godred/Misty Valley Branch Line, like she did in S9 or 10 or whatever it was. But tbh, I'm content with her being a main line engine.

For my series that I'll be making... eventually... I've mapped out the entire NWR, where every single engine is based, where they sleep, what their official number is, etc. I did the same with the Skarloey, Culdee Fell, and Arlesdale.

If you have that as a spreadsheet I'd love to see it. Doing something similar with the Duplex 'verse and the expanded roster.
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Jaromir Jagr's Mullet wrote:
MainLineEngine112 wrote:I feel like Emily is better suited to work on the Peel Godred/Misty Valley Branch Line, like she did in S9 or 10 or whatever it was. But tbh, I'm content with her being a main line engine.

If you have that as a spreadsheet I'd love to see it. Doing something similar with the Duplex 'verse and the expanded roster.

I don't have a spreadsheet on hand, but I do have just a list itself that I can post here. Though perhaps in a different thread(?)
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:23 pm

MainLineEngine112 wrote:Geographically, that doesn't quite fit. I honestly just consider Misty Valley to just be part of the Peel Godred Branch Line. Besides, Thomas' Branch Line and the Little Western already have two connecting points: the Main Line Loop and Toby's Branch Line (which I also consider an extension of Thomas').

One reason why I have Misty Valley near Thomas' branch line is to explain why Thomas, Percy and Toby were traveling down the line quite frequently in my canon of The Fogman seeing I have the engines only work in their correct bases for the majority of the time.

Toby's old line is actually the extension from Thomas' branch line to Ulfstead in my canon. I also added Miner's Hault and the coaling plant from Season 5 on the extension of the branch line which explains why Percy and Toby were working in those locations in that season rather than having them be located near Wellsworth. The coaling plant near Wellsworth will be based off the one from the new series despite the new series being non-canon in my timeline aside from a few Season 8 episodes.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaromir Jagr's Mullet Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:37 pm

MainLineEngine112 wrote:
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet wrote:

I don't have a spreadsheet on hand, but I do have just a list itself that I can post here. Though perhaps in a different thread(?)

A different thread might be best but I don't know if it would be best in the discussion or fanfic section.
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:49 pm

I'll put it in my fanfic thread, because it corresponds with my soon-to-be YT series.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Thomas Opinions - Page 27 Empty RE: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by TheThomasSpectrum Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Ooh, I like these types of threads! Here's mine:

1. Arc's animation is better than the New Series models and, at times, is as good as the Classic Series models. All 3, however, are better than Nitrogen's animation.

2. The Hornby models are significantly better than their Bachmann counterparts, and that includes Edward and Emily.

3. I like the large scale models of the Skarloey engines more than their small scale models. I'm not saying that their small scale counterparts were bad, but I like their large scale models more.

4. I like Alec Baldwin's narration, even in S6. He's my favorite narrator in the entire show. Conversely, I do not like George Carlin's narration. He's my least favorite narrator.

5. I don't like Renshaw's rendition of Donald & Douglas's theme. It's my least favorite theme for them. I even liked their U.S. S7 theme more.

6. Michael Brandon did a better job narrating S7-16 than Michael Angelis did.

7. I don't think Thomas and the Magic Railroad is all that bad, but it's not perfect. While TGD and BMM came very close, KOTR was the first special to be better than Magic Railroad.

8. Season 3 is a great season. Massively underrated, you might say.

9. Season 4 is not the best season. If anything, it's overrated. There are too many narrow gauge stories and other than the Stepney stories, the standard gauge stories feel like filler to make the 26 episode limit. I'm tired of hearing how seemingly perfect it is. It doesn't have the best stories or sets or lighting.
TheThomasSpectrum
TheThomasSpectrum
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:09 pm

The ones I agree with are bold.

TheThomasSpectrum wrote:Ooh, I like these types of threads! Here's mine:

1. Arc's animation is better than the New Series models and, at times, is as good as the Classic Series models. All 3, however, are better than Nitrogen's animation.

2. The Hornby models are significantly better than their Bachmann counterparts, and that includes Edward and Emily.

3. I like the large scale models of the Skarloey engines more than their small scale models. I'm not saying that their small scale counterparts were bad, but I like their large scale models more.

4. I like Alec Baldwin's narration, even in S6. He's my favorite narrator in the entire show. Conversely, I do not like George Carlin's narration. He's my least favorite narrator.

5. I don't like Renshaw's rendition of Donald & Douglas's theme. It's my least favorite theme for them. I even liked their U.S. S7 theme more.

6. Michael Brandon did a better job narrating S7-16 than Michael Angelis did.

7. I don't think Thomas and the Magic Railroad is all that bad, but it's not perfect. While TGD and BMM came very close, KOTR was the first special to be better than Magic Railroad.

8. Season 3 is a great season. Massively underrated, you might say.

9. Season 4 is not the best season. If anything, it's overrated. There are too many narrow gauge stories and other than the Stepney stories, the standard gauge stories feel like filler to make the 26 episode limit. I'm tired of hearing how seemingly perfect it is. It doesn't have the best stories or sets or lighting.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:30 am

Some more from me:

-I'm fine with Terence not having his widow's peak anymore. The only thing that mattered to me about Terence is the fact he's returned.

-I really don't think Season 21 was that good. Sure it has some great episodes, but a few of them ranged from weak to awful, such as Cranky at the End of the Docks, The Big Freeze and Confused Coaches. Also, it was too short and was foreshadowing what's going to happen this year.

-I don't think Season 4's the best season. Sure it's got beautiful scenery, but the Skarloey Engines had too much screentime, the Duke stories were adapted first instead of last, and some of the Standard Gauge engine episodes were to an extent loose.

-The more I watch the current CGi series, the less I enjoy it.
ArthurEngine
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:31 pm

I think there were so many narrow gauge episodes in Season 4 was because they wanted to get all the major stories done before they stopped adapting RWS stories in Season 5. Instead of cutting out certain narrow gauge stories, I just wish Season 4 had a larger budget and production number. This way they could have done more standard gauge stories with keeping all the narrow gauge stories.

I think Seasons 5-6 don't have enough narrow gauge stories.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheThomasSpectrum Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 pm

ThomasSirHandel wrote:I think there were so many narrow gauge episodes in Season 4 was because they wanted to get all the major stories done before they stopped adapting RWS stories in Season 5. Instead of cutting out certain narrow gauge stories, I just wish Season 4 had a larger budget and production number. This way they could have done more standard gauge stories with keeping all the narrow gauge stories.

I think Seasons 5-6 don't have enough narrow gauge stories.

I think Seasons 5-6 have the right amount. I'd say that each season should have a max of 20-25% narrow gauge stories and if each season is 26 episodes, around 5-7 stories and nothing more.
TheThomasSpectrum
TheThomasSpectrum
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 pm

I think Season 7 had a decent amount for a 26 episode season. Seasons 5-6 only had three episodes each.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheThomasSpectrum Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:38 pm

ThomasSirHandel wrote:I think Season 7 had a decent amount for a 26 episode season. Seasons 5-6 only had three episodes each.

All I said what that there should be a maximum of 7 narrow gauge stories per season. They could have less or even none in a season, but I don't think they should go over 7.
TheThomasSpectrum
TheThomasSpectrum
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:32 am

Maybe the Skarloey Railway episodes form the fourth season could have been a stand alone mini series similar to the Jack and the Pack series. This way, Season 4 would have been a full standard gauge season with the exception of Rusty to the Rescue due to the introduction of Stepney. From Season 5 onward, there could be 6-7 narrow gauge episodes per season.
ThomasSirHandel
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:56 am

I would've been fine with that idea.

If they had made all the narrow gauge stories into a "spin-off," perhaps they could've made more of the RWS SKR episodes to make a full 26. Then in the main series, some more RWS stories (mainly Christopher Awdry stories, since most of Wilbert's standard gauge stories are already adapted) could've been in S4.
MainLineEngine112
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next