Secret Lives with Thomas

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Secret Lives with Thomas

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:35 pm

You are one lucky guy skarloeyrailway, if I ever get a girlfriend, I hope she'll tolerate (sorry, best word I can think of) my love of Thomas too.
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 on Sat May 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Perhaps that's one more reason I'm staying a bachelor.
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jdogman on Wed May 13, 2015 12:22 pm

My family is completely fine with it, and most of my interest is kept within the confines of my bedroom.

With others, when I was younger, I accidently got it out that I liked Thomas, and I would constantly get joked about it. The thing was, I wasn't also at a good age to work out how to deal with it so I did say some stupid things sometimes. This was known for about a year and a bit after, but eventually it stopped. Most of it would've been people just forgetting it and I guess others thought I grew out of it.

It never really crossed my mind since until a few years ago when I started making new friends, and I realised that this is a part of me and some important people will just have to know. I know some people who I get along with well who are fun and youthful, and I think they might understand if I actually show them. A couple of other long term friends I've had, whom one of them frowned about it when that story when I was younger was brought up, so I don't know how they'd react, but they've known me for so long without this side of me revealed, hopefully it doesn't affect anything hugely anyway.
jdogman
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by DuckFan98 on Wed May 13, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm not sure about me really. My family know and don't say anything negative, but my friends don't know a thing, and frankly I'm too scared to say anything. They know there's stuff I don't tell them, but nothing more. I wish I knew they'd take it well... but I don't.
DuckFan98
Signalman

Location : This little world, this precious stone set in the silver sea, this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England

http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/User:DuckFan98

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Michaela on Wed May 13, 2015 10:46 pm

My family and friends are pretty cool about it. Once in a while my brother will tease me about it:P
Miss_Michaela
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 on Thu May 14, 2015 1:25 am

SkarloeyRailway wrote:I told my girlfriend I run the Wikia for the first time this week. That was a huge step for me, even though I'm not really embarassed by Thomas, it's still unusual for someone of my age. She was loving and supportive as always, God bless her! Smile

I just saw this now - I'm really happy for you. I really think most people won't really care, especially if they are your friends. Just out of curiosity, how did even bring it up? And before you told her how did you explain all that time on the internet? Razz Rolling Eyes
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:14 am

I don't let my family know about the fact I still love Thomas. It happened when I was 11. My dad once told me that I'm too old for Thomas, as my older brother told me at random times. My mum once did that. The only ones who know are the shop clerks where I buy merchandise from whether it be books, DVDs or the Thomas Minis I collect nowadays. Unless I use self checkouts for the Thomas Minis.

My brother and my dad were utterly hypocritical when they knew about my love for Thomas. I don't like when they told me I'm too old for Thomas the Tank when they loved Barney the Dinosaur, Noddy, Postman Pat and Fireman Sam, other franchises meant for preschoolers. On a side note, they weren't okay with my love for Thomas when they're okay with the fact my grandmother loves Postman Pat, as my mum told me not long ago.
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:16 pm

That seems a bit hypocritical of your parents, ArthurEngine... maybe they have something against Thomas specifically?

As for me, I'm in much the same boat. My family knows, and that's it. My parents don't really approve, and my siblings... they like Thomas, but not to the same degree as me, and they aren't big on Railway Realism.

My parents disapproving of Thomas is especially problematic because I want to get into Bachmann. I don't have enough money to buy any products for myself (no allowance), so I'd have to rely on them, but since they disapprove of Thomas, I don't even know how to ask them!
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Knickerbocker on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:33 pm

My family and close friends know. As a matter of fact, my grandmother and mother enjoy it (Grandmother being the one who got me into it, and my mother liking the morals and colorful trains, esp. Percy), and my close friends do not mind, instead teasing me about my love of reading (In a friendly manner!). My grandfather read the books when he was a child, and he likes model trains, so we admire each other. The only possible critic is my father - But I'm quick to remind him about his fascination with Gumby..!
Doc Knickerbocker
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:19 am

toz76 wrote:That seems a bit hypocritical of your parents, ArthurEngine... maybe they have something against Thomas specifically?

They're like a Halo fan who hates Call of Duty because it's a shooting game or a Mario Kart fan who hates Diddy Kong Racing because it's a racing game or a person who loves to eat apples but hates watermelon because it's fruit.

Speaking of which, my brother was spoilt with sports which I utterly hate.
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:01 am

The people that don't approve must of not seen the classic series and the Brenner era and only seen Seasons 8-16.
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:04 am

ThomasSirHandel wrote:The people that don't approve must of not seen the classic series and the Brenner era and only seen Seasons 8-16.

My parents did see the classic series and as I went later into childhood, they started to disapprove of my interest.
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:22 am

Ditto. My parents still tolerated my love of Thomas up until DOTD, then sort of pulled the plug. Since then, I've had to rely on the internet to catch to on Thomas.
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:17 am

Just don't respect what they like if they can't respect what you like. I hate when people can't tolerate something like TTTE but they can tolerate other franchises.
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:49 am

ThomasSirHandel wrote:Just don't respect what they like if they can't respect what you like. I hate when people can't tolerate something like TTTE but they can tolerate other franchises.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:12 pm

I find it weird that parents cannot tolerate Thomas... there are 100 franchises out there that are a whole lot worse
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by luctheminecrafter on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:25 pm

Are you you kidding me? There are WAY more than a 100 worse shows out there.

Actually, Thomas really is the best show, excluding 9-16. The problem with my 13 year old group o' friends is that they grew up with the crappy Thomas, while I managed to gain a love of Thomas through the right DVD's. I just wish I could sit my class down and spend the entire day talking about Thomas. Don't you?
luctheminecrafter
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:52 pm

So there maybe people who don't respect you for liking Thomas? Well, do what I'm doing. Don't respect what they like.
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:15 am

I'm 21 years old, and I like two kids show franchises: Thomas the tank engine and power rangers. Annd I am not ashamed of either of them

(Though it shocks me just how much Power rangers declined in quality after I stopped watching it regularly)
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by luctheminecrafter on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:51 pm

@Arthur Engine

Already doing it. I hate Boom Beach and Clash of Clans. But they, uh, may or may not know about me and Thomas. I give them subtle and big hints, but I dont think anyone's figured it out.
luctheminecrafter
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:58 pm

I don't think it's right to be hypocritical of your likes. Thomas is a big part of my life, and it hurts me to know how much other people's parents dislike it. Here's an idea: go on strike. Maybe you'll get your point across.
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luctheminecrafter on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:00 pm

There are so many things I could go on strike for at 13... homework= bad grades
food=hungry water=could die
luctheminecrafter
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroomstagramUser on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:08 am

The only people that know really are my friends at Plants vs. Zombies Wiki....kinda.
ShroomstagramUser
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Mon May 01, 2017 12:05 am

I am not super secretive, but I don't like to be open about it. My older siblings tease me for it quite a bit, but just in an older-sibling way. They don't really mind it. The only person I've ever really tried to hide it from is the girl I have a crush on. I feel like I'd be really embarrassed if she found out.
MainLineEngine112
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorboy02 on Mon May 01, 2017 5:02 am

I'm very quiet about my life to my parents. They don't know a lot of things about me, most of which I don't even need to hide. But Thomas is a little different, since It captivated me for 4 years, and cost my parents thousands in toys. So when I became interested in the show a second time in 2012, my parents were not happy. I also had nobody to talk to about Thomas to, so I ended up constantly bugging my parents with stupid trivia.

I don't want to tell anyone I've found interest in it again, because of what happened last time. But now I really want to start collecting Wooden Railway stuff, and I can't keep bottling it up.

At least my 2 best friends are okay with it, and I usually get them to watch some season 17-20 episodes whenever we meet.
raptorboy02
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top