Earliest Thomas Memories

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Earliest Thomas Memories

Post by Doc Knickerbocker on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:41 pm

My first memories - I was given, in 2001, Thomas Gets Bumped and Trust Thomas, along with wooden models of Thomas, Percy, James, Toby, and Bertie. Such fun.
Doc Knickerbocker
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFatTroll on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:28 am

I literally remember the first episode I watched. It was Thomas gets Bumped. I was 2.
TheFatTroll
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:54 pm

I remember as a kid having 15-20 VHS tapes, and some were "Best of" episodes, others followed episode order, so one day I tried to make sense of the order of episodes by using the Best of tapes (Since they indicated the volume number of each episode) to figure out the order of the regular tapes.
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:04 am

I think my first TTTE DVD was Thomas and the jet engine, specifically because I can't find it's box and it has a bunch of scratches and it only shows Thomas and the Jet engine because of them, not even showing the home screen, thus making my first episode Thomas and the Jet Engine probably.
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverRex14 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:51 pm

I remember just about everything. It was my third birthday so I guess that was 10 or 11 years ago. I was fascinated with standing at the window and just staring at the trains go by! And then my aunt got me a bright yellow dvd with a bright red engine on it it was make someone happy! I watched it after everyone left...and again...and again. I watched it so much that when I saw dvd WITH TOYS! I began collecting eventually I also had Calling all engines with the bronze diesel and Thomas gets tricked with Thomas. I re enacted so many parts from Calling all engines. I had the best time.
OliverRex14
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TTTEFan1997 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:20 pm

The first episode I remember watching was Trouble for Thomas/Thomas and the Trucks. I also remember watching the chase scene from TATMRR over, and over, and over again! Watching it today, I can see why! Laughing

TTTEFan1997
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by railwayfan03 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:24 pm

My very first memory of Thomas was from the US VHS *Thomas Gets Tricked and Other Stories*, featuring the very first seven episodes of S1, which were narrated by Ringo Starr.
railwayfan03
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Brett Swallow on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:02 pm

My first encounter with Thomas and Friends was me going to the Strasburg Railroad for A Day Out With Thomas in 2001. I was four at the time and that was my first real encounter with the franchise. I've loved it ever since, but i grew out of the fandom for a while. As of now, I'm making a return to the fandom, slowly but surely.
Brett Swallow
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by vinnyvincevvs5 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:08 am

My first viewing of Thomas and Friends was when I was very young, maybe around 2 or 3 and my mum told me, she turned on the TV, probably ABC Kids and the Thomas Anthem was playing, possibly with an episode or something. Ever since then I've always loved watching Thomas when it came on the kids channel. The episode I recall watching when I was very young too was Steamroller. I am not sure what my first episode was but I clearly remember watching that episode. Probably why I love Season 4 so much, because it has the first episodes I saw hehe. Another memory was watching Something in the Air, one of my favs to this day. Thomas and Friends has and always will be very close to my heart, and I will always adore this amazing how. I learned my english from the show too I believe haha. Now I'm 20, and I still totally love the show. So glad I discovered Thomas and no matter how old I get, will always be a child at heart, and love Thomas and Friends. Never too old for Thomas, I always say. Very Happy
vinnyvincevvs5
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

http://www.youtube.com/vinnyvincevvs5

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby7 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:23 am

I remember watching the "Cranky Bugs" VHS and "Thomas Comes to Breakfast" VHS the most. I think my favorite memory, and earliest, had to be my mom taking me to the video rental store/library where I could pick out a VHS. I would choose from the seemingly infinite selection of Thomas tapes. I had a burning curiosity about all the stories on all of these cassettes, and of all the characters that I had only gotten brief glimpses of in music videos/books (Like The Diesel, The Flying Scotsman, etc).
Toby7
Controller
Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by MarioLuigiGCFan on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:35 am

My first memory seems to be watching an episode from Season 5-7 (this was probably 02 or 03) or watching a VHS Tape which had Thomas, Percy and the Coal which could be possibly the very first episode I watched (this was the early 2000's). My first Thomas train I ever got was a 2001 Old Style Thomas from 2001 when I was only 6 or 7 months old in Christmas 01 and my very first memory of all time seems to be me looking at a Thomas Book while getting hit on the head by my older brother and then I have no idea what happened after that?
MarioLuigiGCFan
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:33 am

I remember making layouts in my basement of Thomas wooden railway, and trying to use every piece I had.

my layouts got so big, that once my dad Had to disassemble a chunk of it and reroute it because it was going into the hallway where we had to walk.
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:27 pm

The first Thomas VHS I had was either Trust Thomas or Thomas Comes to Breakfast. In fact, we had those in our family (along with some others) before I was born, because my two older brothers had them. I'm pretty sure Thomas Confess to Breakfast was the first one I watched. I always used to think the Diesel/Duck story arc was a continuation of Thomas Comes to Breakfast. Based on Sir Topham Hatt's dialogue at the end, I always thought Diesel was the engine who came to replace Thomas while he s being repaired. It wasn't until I got the Percy Takes the Plunge DVD in about 2006. I already had seen Daisy in Percy's Predicament on the Best of Percy VHS, and I'd seen her in Calling All Engines, but I never knew her origin story. :/

The first Wooden Railway model that I got that we didn't have before I was born was (to my memory) the 1999 Percy.

Just about every day through kindergarten, I would watch Best of Thomas on DVD, which we would always rent from Blockbuster. For some reason, I never bought the DVD until probably 2010 or something, when I got it in a double feature with Best of a James.

My favorite wishes growing up changed. To my memory, here's a list in the best order I can make:
Thomas Comes to Breakfast
Percy's Predicament
Horrid Lorry
Pop Goes the Diesel
Donald and Douglas

As you can tell, must if my early memories were pretty heavy on Season 2 and Season 5.
MainLineEngine112
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomasengineandpercy234 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:11 am

I remember having my very first Thomas books, which is catch me, catch me! And James goes buzz buzz. I got these when I was born.
Thomasengineandpercy234
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

http://theknot.com/us/thomastakenplay

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroomstagramUser on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:45 am

My first memory: Best of Thomas and Tomy Steam Team, Ultimate set with metallic Thomas, and some track.
ShroomstagramUser
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaromir Jagr's Mullet on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:34 pm

Around 2000 I got diagnosed with a brain tumor, and I was watching TV when a Season 1 episode came on. I'm pretty sure it was "Come Out, Henry", but I don't remember if Ringo Starr or George Carlin was narrating it. I'm pretty sure it was Mr. Carlin, though.
Jaromir Jagr's Mullet
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Valyn on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:18 am

Before I started school I remember hearing the original theme, which I loved. And still do. That was truly amazing. That was the very first memory for me.
Valyn
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:53 am

To this day, I get this warm feeling inside whenever I hear the jingle that plays over that Britt Allcroft logo, and the classic theme. the show was such a big part of my childhood
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top