Most Overrated/Underated Thomas and Friends Character

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Most Overrated/Underated Thomas and Friends Character

Post by Toz76 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 am

Sodor isn't a big island. I find it hard to justify most of them, although I can see the Culdee Fell being necessary given the steeper clearances of the mountain. Even then, it's not like locomotive traffic is an urgent need there.
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:43 am

I fail to see the engines having the same livery as being lazy. It's just the realistic thing to do. That being said, I highly prefer their TV Series liveries.

While I personally would've liked to see the SKR episodes spread out more across the Classic Series, but that's just not the way things are, and I think it's fine that they grouped the SKR episodes into one season to be able to make up for three sessions without them. Once the balance was restored, they went to using the narrow gauge engines only here and there, which is fine.

To be honest, I think the season that has the perfect about of NG episodes is S11. Not saying those episodes were the best ever, but having twenty regular episodes, then a group of six NG episodes worked nicely in my opinion.
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel 11 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:14 am

Toz76 wrote:I think the SKR, Culdee Fell, and Arlesdale Engines are very overrated, same with Stepney. They were only introduced as a sort of "marketing ploy" for their respective basis railways, and with a few exceptions, they don't have much personality that the NWR cast doesn't also have.
My instant reaction to this was, "Is this a troll post?"

I'm going to hope it is. Evil or Very Mad
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 am

'tis not.

Skarloey/Rheneas/Duke: Basically Edward
Peter Sam/Rusty/Most of the Culdee Fells: Can you even nail down their personalities?
Really, the only really distinctive ones are Patrick, Sir Handel, Mike, and Duncan, and even then their personalities have a lot of overlap with each other.
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:35 am

Skarloey and Rheneas do have a bit of similarity to Edward, true, but I find Duke a lot different. Duke is a lot stricter and isn't quite so gentle as Edward is.

Tbh, I was really never a huge Rusty fan, and yes, most of the CFR engines were hardly developed. Granted, they were only in one book, and only a few of them got any focus at all. Peter Sam on the other hand has gotten some development, and while it's nothing too far outside of what we've seen from other engines like Thomas or Percy, he still holds his own.
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:05 am

Ok, Tozzyboi, you forgot to mention Rex and Bert, who are also distinct, I've noticed Rusty has a thing for telling stories, and possibly believes in the supernatural, as seen in him telling the story of the ghost engine in Duncan Gets Spooked, and under the assumption that Snow was all just a story Rusty made up, you could see where I'm coming from.

As for the supernatural, he seemed very persistent that the boulder was sentient.

On Patrick, Sir Handel, Mike, and Duncan, they are similar, but I think that they have their distinctions.

Sir Handel is more of a sarcastic commenter than anything, at least after his first few stories, Duncan is just easily annoyed TBH, Mike is a total hothead, and we don't know how Patrick turned out after his first few stories, due to undocumentation.

I agree with MLE's comment on how Duke is a bit more distinct, and how the Culdee Fell engines were never developed because they only got one book.
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:39 pm

TGC wrote:Ok, Tozzyboi, you forgot to mention Rex and Bert, who are also distinct, I've noticed Rusty has a thing for telling stories, and possibly believes in the supernatural, as seen in him telling the story of the ghost engine in Duncan Gets Spooked, and under the assumption that Snow was all just a story Rusty made up, you could see where I'm coming from.

As for the supernatural, he seemed very persistent that the boulder was sentient.

On Patrick, Sir Handel, Mike, and Duncan, they are similar, but I think that they have their distinctions.

Sir Handel is more of a sarcastic commenter than anything, at least after his first few stories, Duncan is just easily annoyed TBH, Mike is a total hothead, and we don't know how Patrick turned out after his first few stories, due to undocumentation.

I agree with MLE's comment on how Duke is a bit more distinct, and how the Culdee Fell engines were never developed because they only got one book.

I’d also add that Duncan also has a major streak of recklessness, though sadly we haven’t seen that element of him in the CGI Series yet. I hadn’t ever thought of Rusty being a supernaturalist, but it makes a lot of sense. I do think however that his story in Snow was true though. Regardless, I do like that insight into his character.
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurEngine on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:26 pm

My opinions have changed over the last couple of years.

Underrated: Murdoch. He's got bounds of potential and he can relate to kids who want peace and quiet. Too bad he didn't get much screentime. Also, he can do well with the goods work.

Overrated: Thomas. 'nuff said!
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasGaming64 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:38 am

One character I personally feel is underrated is Philip. Yes, he can be rather annoying at times, but ever since the Season 20 episode, Toby's New Friend, as well as the Season 21 episodes, Philip's Number and A Shed for Edward, he's gotten some good development over the course of the past few seasons, and I think he should be more respect in my opinion.

As for overrated, well, it's no other than Thomas the Tank Engine himself. I don't hate him, but what annoys me is whenever he's in an episode and someone else could easily take his role. I don't have too much else to say about this though.
ThomasGaming64
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum