Most Overrated/Underated Thomas and Friends Character

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Most Overrated/Underated Thomas and Friends Character

Post by Diesel 11 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 pm

TGC wrote:Let's get back on track here, won't even mention the pun because everyone has made it before.

Over: Diesel 10. When I see a fan-special on YouTube, almost always has some link to Diesel 10 in it, Hell, Thousand Eye Train Dragon (my boss told me to call 1,000 Eyes that) made an entire entourage of diesels 0-20, as well as 666 and 5000XL. I think we just need to lay off the whole Diesel 10 thing for a while, and look for a less insane but still antagonistic Character like Spencer, or one of my strange ideas, Hank, when it comes to fanfics, but that's just my opinion.
Hold up, it's 0-20, 5,000 XL, and XXX. And Frank helped create them.

Under: Close Tie between Derek and Bertram, but Derek takes the lead. Derek in my opinion is one of the best "one off" characters, (even though he probably wouldn't be a one off if Britt wasn't fired) and now in the CGI series is a better time then ever to reintroduce Derek, with the clay pits having been reintroduced a long enough time ago to start introducing new clay pit characters aside from Bill, Ben, Timothy, and Marion. Derek was featured in one episode, and cameoed in CAE but Thanatos is simply not enough for this character.
Gotta agree with you, Derek has a lot left to be explored that I'd love to see. Bertram as well offers a blank slate for writers - we know he's brave, but what else? There's a lot of potential for both of them in the series.
Diesel 11
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorboy02 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:53 pm

I'd be pretty scared as for the voice acting for Bertram. Admittedly he never spoke, but I'm sure we all have a voice in our head for him.

Anyways, I'm totally on the Derek train. (bland train pun unintended)
I sort of feel sorry for Derek, I mean he's only proven to be a burden so far, no matter how hard he tries.
raptorboy02
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Memedill on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:15 pm

its duck i swear
Memedill
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

http://mommytimes.net

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorboy02 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:29 am

Memedill wrote:its duck i swear
I don't care whether you mean underrated or overrated. Either way I think you're wrong Laughing

Anyways, does anybody want to see more of Old Slow Coach? And maybe even a proper name for her?
raptorboy02
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:32 am

Eh, I wouldn't mind that, but frankly, I'm not dying to see her back again.
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC on Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Admittedly, my Bertram Voice is a heavy British accent even in the US Dub.

Not too sure about Old Slow Coach, but some characters I do want to see return are...

The Horrid Lorries. Bulgy returned, George Returned, but Smashed, Broken, and Sunk never returned. I'd prefer if they didn't have a recovery episode like Bulgy, and maybe even got sent away again in the end, but that trio is just a good idea. Either that or the same paragraph but instead of the Lorries it's Bowler
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorboy02 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Not sure I'd be pumped about the lorries, I mean they'd probably just act like a stumpier version of Max and Monty.
How does MightyMac sound? I wouldn't mind seeing them return.
raptorboy02
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:36 pm

Mighty Mac was a cool idea that was never fully developed, and their debut, IMO, was one of the best of the New Era eps. I don't mind waiting a while for their return, but I'd love to see them again someday (instead of Freddie? Please?).
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:04 am

To be honest, I feel Mighty Mac's potential has been used up.

I am not fond of the Dark Era, but I will concede that his debut episode did have some good moments. But after that, look what happened. Every single appearance afterwards was a cameo. It tells me that his potential was used up rather quickly.

I would not be against his return, as the Double Fairlie is a great base locomotive; but the real question is how can he return in a way that makes sense.
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorboy02 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:49 am

Fun little thought, what if they gave the Marklin engine were given a character? You know, perhaps mention that he is literally mute in season 1?
raptorboy02
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:28 pm

They'd be very interesting, however unlikely it may be.
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:12 am

I would agree- except that we found out in Blue Mountain Mystery that it was scrapped thanks to an Easter egg at the scrapyard.

In all seriousness though, that is interesting; perhaps if executed properly, it would work.
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:18 am

Get ready to lay on the hate...

Underrated: Bash, Dash, and Ferdinand. Please don't hurt me. I went back and rewatched MIR recently, and it was just as cringey as I remembered, but I honestly felt like the Logging Locos were rarely of much issue. Sure "That's right!" is overused and Bash and Dash's UK voices are SUPER annoying (though since they're American engines, I consider their US voices to be "canon"), but honestly, Thomas was way more annoying than they were. Heck, when he was rhyming nonstop, it was them who were making fun of him. Sure Misty Island itself is unrealistic, but the more I watched it, the more I felt some bizarre charm to it. I'm not saying I really think they're all that great, but I don't think they deserve to be hated so much.

Also underrated: Victor. I know no one really dislikes him, but I never really see anyone talk about him. Victor is such a cool character imo. His role in BMQ particularly stands out. The fact that Sharon Miller Mc3-Strike was able to pull out such a nice backstory for a previously established character is really impressive if you ask me. Plus, his accent is hot. .......... I'm straight, trust me.
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeke on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:17 pm

I have noticed, that Molly has a huge fan base. But I see nothing in the character, I don't really remember any development that she has. She has a good unique colour if I'm honestly. What was her job? What was her personality?

Zeke
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:34 pm

I haven't noticed too big a fan base from her in my experience. I feel like people like her, but I've never really seen any huge following. That being said, I think she's a pretty good character given how scarcely she's appeared.
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:36 am

That is weird... Molly for me wasn't a very memorable character. She had that story about special trucks or something, and then... what?

What do people like about her? That is something I am curious about now as well.
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:45 am

I think the "shy girl" character is just something a lot of people enjoy/relate to. In her run, she wasn't too too memorable, but at the same time, I would not be against her possibly returning someday to get some more development. She and Dennis are the top two S9-12 characters that I feel actually have enough distinguishable traits that could be developed should they return.
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:58 am

Eh, Dennis shouldn't return; he was a one-timer who's single story... pretty much was what they could do with him. That's my thought anyway, what do you think?
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:06 am

As you'll see from my countless mentions, I love Dennis. Despite him being such a one-off, he's one of, if not my #1 favorite TV-only character. There's honestly so much they could do with him. First of all, they could pair him up with his bro Norman and work up that dynamic, which could be good for both of them. They could make him bounce of Daisy, who shares that lazy streak, though with her, it's more about doing only what work she wants, whereas Dennis just doesn't want to work. He could also have good stories with characters who are major opposites to him, like say Edward or Duck. I'd love to see him portrayed kinda similarly to Jude from 6teen, if you've seen that show (highly recommended). In which case, he could get up to some pretty funny antics. I could go on and on, but to keep it short, I'll end there.
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:10 am

Makes sense to me.

That's part of my problem with the dark era, really- so many one-offs introduced, and by extension, so much wasted potential
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:14 am

Not all of them really had potential. Characters like Neville, Colin, Flora, etc. didn't really have much to them whatsoever. Others, like Molly and Dennis, and maybe some more like Freddie, Mighty Mac, etcetera had a shimmer of individuality to them that could've been fleshed out more.

However, when it comes to my series, I am self-obligated to give each and every character at least one defining personality trait. (i.e., "looks like a diesel" or "has a propeller" don't count as personality traits)
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:17 am

Makes sense

Personally; I think Bertram gets more attention than he deserves. I mean seriously- he was Duke with Smudger's face, and he didn't say anything. He was a plot device, not a character
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by MainLineEngine112 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:19 am

True. As he stands in canon, he serves zero purpose. He only gets attention because of his portrayal in EE93's series, which is a testament to what can be done with such a nothingness character like him.

Speaking of which, if anyone is curious as to what I plan to do with some of the underdeveloped characters, or even some of the more fleshed out characters, ask on my fanfic thread. I'd love to share ideas.
MainLineEngine112
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 am

I think the SKR, Culdee Fell, and Arlesdale Engines are very overrated, same with Stepney. They were only introduced as a sort of "marketing ploy" for their respective basis railways, and with a few exceptions, they don't have much personality that the NWR cast doesn't also have.
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 am

The Skarloey Railway was portrayed fine in Season 4. I do think the RWS version is lazy as the engines all have the same livery and the line is a copy of it's basis. Honestly it would be boring just seeing the NWR as the only railway on Sodor.
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum