Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by ArthurEngine on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:41 am

I have some more opinions I would like to express;

1. I also enjoyed Day of the Diesels. Best of the Nitrogen era until Blue Mountain Mystery came out.
2. Not sure if this is unpopular, but I didn't like the looks of the "World War 2 movie" regardless of how realistic Thomas looked, and I would be glad if it was scrapped.
3. I'm not sure about this one, but I prefer the Narrow Gauge engines' models over their CGi renders. I also prefer Oliver's model to his render.
avatar
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1411
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : DK Jungle

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Dr. Alphys on Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:18 pm

Tickled Pink wasn't all that good. I'll give it credit that they adapted a RWS story, but it was just boring and repetitive IMO.

Percy and the Calliope was "meh" at best.

I prefer Alec Baldwin's narrations over Ringo Starr's UK narrations.. *runs*

Season 7 is okay, but not "great."
avatar
Dr. Alphys
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Posts : 368
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 16
Location : Colorado, USA.

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:19 pm

I don't like Emily, at all.  She singled handedly  replaced duck, Donald, Douglas, Oliver, Bill and Ben when she debuted.  On top if that, her character is terrible (excellent Emily and Emily knows best exemplify her "bad" characteristics).  I understand the point of having her, but for me, Emily is one of my least liked characters... But at least she's better than the numerous pointless one-offs, logging locos and Charlie.

Edit: I think I may have mentioned something similar to this somewhere else, but it is something I do feel very strongly about
avatar
Frankthetriviaman
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 7026
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 23
Location : New York, United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by ThomasSirHandel on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:13 am

More Opinions

1. I think the CGI in Season 12 was bad and the season should of used the models for people, animals and engine faces.
2. I never wanted the WWII movie to be made and I hope the movie is confirmed is canceled soon.
3. I like the current CGI by Arc Productions over the New Series models and I like the Seasons 3-4 models over the New Series and CGI.
4. I prefer the TV series liveries and the Season 4 beginning of the Skarloey Railway over the Railway Series livery and beginning.
5. I also don't think the models need to come back, but I do think Arc should make some locations look more identical to their Britt Allcroft era designs.
avatar
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 2071
Join date : 2015-02-18
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Toz76 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:21 am

Some of Charlie's jokes are actually kind of funny...
Don't hurt me!


Last edited by toz76 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Toz76
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 3409
Join date : 2015-02-14
Age : 15
Location : http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

http://allgameforum.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by The Steampunk Whovian on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:32 am

toz76 wrote:Some of Charlie's jokes are actually kind of funny...

That's it, you shall be banished to the underworld for saying that. That right there is a crime. Razz

~John

_________________
avatar
The Steampunk Whovian
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Posts : 609
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 19
Location : The Island of Brownies

http://the-scarved-whovian.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by railwayfan03 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:42 am

I find the Season 16 episode *Percy and the Calliope* to be highly overrated. People like it just because the Calliope at the end played a remix of the old Season 1-7 intro theme.
avatar
railwayfan03
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Posts : 205
Join date : 2015-02-18
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by ThomasSirHandel on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:37 am

railwayfan03 wrote:I find the Season 16 episode *Percy and the Calliope* to be highly overrated. People like it just because the Calliope at the end played a remix of the old Season 1-7 intro theme.
I agree with you.
avatar
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 2071
Join date : 2015-02-18
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by ArthurEngine on Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:57 am

Some more opinions coming out of my head:

1. Even though I like Donald and Douglas being blue, I honestly prefer them black.
2. I honestly find Duck and the Slip Coaches overrated like some other people do. I know, it introduced something that the Awdrys never tried (Slip coaches), but if it weren't for that joke going against that "EMALEE RIPLASED DUK" rumour, the episode would have been perfect.
3. Stepney's permanent stay on Sodor would make sense if you just think of the TVS Stepney as a Sodor engine rather than the real Stepney.
4. I don't understand why people loathe characters like Bertram, Thumper, Lady, Flora, Rosie and Billy more than Proteus. I mean, as I said before, I don't detest any character from the franchise nor do I want people to hate Proteus more than the others I mentioned, but Proteus, just like Lady, was magical and had no personality and just like Thumper and Bertram, never spoke and lastly, only appeared for 6 seconds.
avatar
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1411
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : DK Jungle

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by JRCS on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:37 pm

I used to prefer Donald and Douglas being black, but I've been looking at the RWS illustrations if them, and I think they look better blue now. They look boring black. But I wouldn't like them to change in the TVS, because it has been so long.

I think people overthink the Emily-Duck joke. I see it as nothing when I watch the episode. No-one would have given it a second look if it was Oliver or BoCo in the shed.

I don't see why anyone hates the one time characters (bar Billy, he is just horrible). They've had no time to shine and characters like Molly and Hank were overshadowed by Thomas in their episodes.
avatar
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Posts : 483
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 18
Location : Lancashire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by SkarloeyRailway on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:34 pm

JRCS wrote:I think people overthink the Emily-Duck joke. I see it as nothing when I watch the episode. No-one would have given it a second look if it was Oliver or BoCo in the shed.

I 100% agree. I don't think its mean spirited and it was a one off gag. Engines sleep in sheds all over the island and aren't necessarily assigned to one. Given the proximity of Tidmouth and Knapford Sheds, I'm sure Emily survived.
avatar
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

Posts : 1224
Join date : 2015-01-28
Age : 21
Location : The Island of Sodor

http://ttte.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by JRCS on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:26 pm

SkarloeyRailway wrote:
JRCS wrote:I think people overthink the Emily-Duck joke. I see it as nothing when I watch the episode. No-one would have given it a second look if it was Oliver or BoCo in the shed.

I 100% agree. I don't think its mean spirited and it was a one off gag. Engines sleep in sheds all over the island and aren't necessarily assigned to one. Given the proximity of Tidmouth and Knapford Sheds, I'm sure Emily survived.

That's one of the things that has annoyed me about the New/CGI Series. Just the same eight engines in Tidmouth Sheds, even if they aren't working there. In the earlier series, BoCo and Duck slept there and in Thomas' Train, it was just Thomas and Henry in there whilst the others were most likely at Vicarstown.
avatar
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Posts : 483
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 18
Location : Lancashire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by The Steampunk Whovian on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:16 am

Hopefully with the reintroduction of Ffarquhar, Thomas, Percy and Toby will have their sheds situated there. The fact that the former two are still at Tidmouth Sheds and the latter is all the way at Arlesdale End, which should not still be open because it closed down years ago, irks me. Anywho, more opinions from me:

1. I prefer Thomas' LBSC green livery over his LBSCR brown. So what if the number and livery aren't accurate? Bright blue with red lining isn't accurate either. To add to that, I also don't mind Ryan's livery not being accurate either.
2. Diesel 10's portrayal in TATMRR was pretty weak compared to how he was portrayed in DOTD and Season 17. He wants to destroy Lady. Why? Doesn't she keep Sodor alive? So wouldn't he be killing himself too? He wants to take over Sodor from the steam engines, not outright destroy it. DOTD and Season 17 gave him an actual reason for his actions.
3. Duck and the Slip Coaches, in my opinion, wasn't the best episode of Season 18. Not because of the joke - I actually chucked quite a bit at it - but because nothing about it really interested me aside from the Slip Coaches. Also, Duck's "Great Western Way or Wrong Way" "catchphrase" was entirely unnecessary here.

~John

_________________
avatar
The Steampunk Whovian
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Posts : 609
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 19
Location : The Island of Brownies

http://the-scarved-whovian.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by ArthurEngine on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:45 am

The Steampunk Whovian wrote:Hopefully with the reintroduction of Ffarquhar, Thomas, Percy and Toby will have their sheds situated there. The fact that the former two are still at Tidmouth Sheds and the latter is all the way at Arlesdale End, which should not still be open because it closed down years ago, irks me. Anywho, more opinions from me:

1. I prefer Thomas' LBSC green livery over his LBSCR brown. So what if the number and livery aren't accurate? Bright blue with red lining isn't accurate either. To add to that, I also don't mind Ryan's livery not being accurate either.
2. Diesel 10's portrayal in TATMRR was pretty weak compared to how he was portrayed in DOTD and Season 17. He wants to destroy Lady. Why? Doesn't she keep Sodor alive? So wouldn't he be killing himself too? He wants to take over Sodor from the steam engines, not outright destroy it. DOTD and Season 17 gave him an actual reason for his actions.
3. Duck and the Slip Coaches, in my opinion, wasn't the best episode of Season 18. Not because of the joke - I actually chucked quite a bit at it - but because nothing about it really interested me aside from the Slip Coaches. Also, Duck's "Great Western Way or Wrong Way" "catchphrase" was entirely unnecessary here.

~John

You make a very good point about Diesel Ten wanting to permanently ruin Lady, making TATMR harder to follow.
As for Thomas' LBSCR green livery, I quite agree with you. Same with Ryan's paintjob. You can say the same thing about most of the other characters.


Last edited by ArthurEngine on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ArthurEngine
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1411
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : DK Jungle

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by NWSodor23 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:43 pm

1) Edward Glen and Colm Feore gave Thomas and Toby better voices than Ben Small, and Neil Crone gave Gordon a better one than Keith Wickham.
2) Henry has never had a good voice actor.
3) If Mark Huckerby and Nick Ostler write a good episode, it seems to be only partially based on talent, and partially based on luck.
4) Duck and the Slip Coaches has more problems than just the "Emily joke". Duck's catchphrase was not necessary here and James' behaviour was annoying by this point (although this is more to do with the airing order rather than the episode itself).
avatar
NWSodor23
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 17
Location : In the sandwich shop.

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:31 pm

1) I like every single episode of the Dinos and Discoveries DVD. I like them all, no matter how flawed they are.
2) I don't like TATMRR. I know people will agree with me on this, but sensitive people will have a freakout, so I do consider it unpopular.
3) I prefer Timothy over BoCo. I just think Timothy's more interesting, that's all. I don't dislike BoCo either.
avatar
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 21
Location : America

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by JRCS on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:08 pm

NWSodor23 wrote:
2) Henry has never had a good voice actor.

I don't think this is unpopular. I agree that Henry's voice is bad, he sounds too nervous. He should be a grumpy engine with a voice that goes well with Gordon and James' voices.
avatar
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Posts : 483
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 18
Location : Lancashire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by NWSodor23 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:50 am

Plus, Henry's US voice should be lower pitched, and his TATMRR voice is an American one, when the engines of Sodor at least should have all had British voices.

DonaldDouglasandToby6 wrote:1) I like every single episode of the Dinos and Discoveries DVD. I like them all, no matter how flawed they are.
2) I don't like TATMRR. I know people will agree with me on this, but sensitive people will have a freakout, so I do consider it unpopular.
3) I prefer Timothy over BoCo. I just think Timothy's more interesting, that's all. I don't dislike BoCo either.

I enjoy every episode on the Dinos and Discoveries DVD too, but I still consider them to be technically bad, except for Marion, Millie and Emily's episodes. Those three are flawed, but not bad.
avatar
NWSodor23
Express Engine
Express Engine

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 17
Location : In the sandwich shop.

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:41 am

I don't really think they're bad honestly. I admit Samson at Your Service does have plotholes, and Millie and the Volcano does have that fire, but other than that I don't see any actual problems.
avatar
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 21
Location : America

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by ThomasSirHandel on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:30 am

DonaldDouglasandToby6 wrote:I don't really think they're bad honestly. I admit Samson at Your Service does have plotholes, and Millie and the Volcano does have that fire, but other than that I don't see any actual problems.
The only thing that bothers me with Samson at Your Service is that Sir Topham Hatt acts like the express coaches that Gordon had are the only ones but engines have been seen pulling other express coaches before.
avatar
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 2071
Join date : 2015-02-18
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by The Steampunk Whovian on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:05 am

ThomasSirHandel wrote:
DonaldDouglasandToby6 wrote:I don't really think they're bad honestly. I admit Samson at Your Service does have plotholes, and Millie and the Volcano does have that fire, but other than that I don't see any actual problems.
The only thing that bothers me with Samson at Your Service is that Sir Topham Hatt acts like the express coaches that Gordon had are the only ones but engines have been seen pulling other express coaches before.

Not to forget the fact that even if there are only six express coaches on Sodor, there are still others besides Annie and Clarabel. The red coaches, the slip coaches, heck, what about those old coaches from Season 1? This is also a problem I have with Thomas and the Emergency Cable: while it was a fantastic episode, another coach could have been easily used in Annie's absence. Using only Clarabel to deliver so many passengers on Thomas' branch line is ludicrous.

~John

_________________
avatar
The Steampunk Whovian
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Posts : 609
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 19
Location : The Island of Brownies

http://the-scarved-whovian.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by DonaldDouglasandToby6 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:24 am

The Steampunk Whovian wrote:
ThomasSirHandel wrote:
DonaldDouglasandToby6 wrote:I don't really think they're bad honestly. I admit Samson at Your Service does have plotholes, and Millie and the Volcano does have that fire, but other than that I don't see any actual problems.
The only thing that bothers me with Samson at Your Service is that Sir Topham Hatt acts like the express coaches that Gordon had are the only ones but engines have been seen pulling other express coaches before.

Not to forget the fact that even if there are only six express coaches on Sodor, there are still others besides Annie and Clarabel. The red coaches, the slip coaches, heck, what about those old coaches from Season 1? This is also a problem I have with Thomas and the Emergency Cable: while it was a fantastic episode, another coach could have been easily used in Annie's absence. Using only Clarabel to deliver so many passengers on Thomas' branch line is ludicrous.

~John

I could see that, but for me that's a minor distraction at best. Plus, I think it's because Annie and Clarabel hate to be separated or with a different coach or...something. It's a negative, but for every negative in most Brenner era episodes, there's at least five positives.
avatar
DonaldDouglasandToby6
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 21
Location : America

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by biggcitydockrailway1999 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:58 am

1. I'd like to see Lady return. I'd imagine her working at the Coaling Plant or the Wellsworth (S5) Coal Mine.
2. I don't mind Stepney being part of the NWR.
(prepares shield)
3. Not sure if this is related to the topic, but I'm not big on the exterior design of Drayton Manor's replica of Knapford. It sorta feels like they made a traditional rail station, slapped the Knapford roof design onto the roof and beams and went "HURP DE DURP, ITS KNAPFORD". Plus their top station (Tidmouth Hault) should've been Ffarquhar. :p

biggcitydockrailway1999
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by ThomasSirHandel on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:08 am

1. I don't like the current design and layout of the New/CGI Series Knapford shunting yards.
2. I don't like Brendam being used as the mainline harbour and being used as the only harbour.
3. I don't like pointless merchandise (Discover Junction, My First Thomas, Bathtoys.etc).
avatar
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Posts : 2071
Join date : 2015-02-18
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Dr. Alphys on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:02 am

While I don't really like Billy, he's not even close to my Top 10 least favorite characters. In fact, I think Dennis is much worse.

And Charlie's kind of a guilty pleasure character, just because I'm a sucker for really bad puns *runs* Razz
avatar
Dr. Alphys
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Posts : 368
Join date : 2015-02-13
Age : 16
Location : Colorado, USA.

Back to top Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum