Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Unpopular Thomas Opinions

Post by JRCS on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:20 pm

I think a lot of people like Fergus. He's definitely my favourite S7 character.

SkarloeyRailway wrote:
The Steampunk Whovian wrote:Seems like I'm not the only one who thinks Season 13 is the worst then. Razz

~John

No, your unpopular opinion seems to be quite popular after all! Wink

That's one of the best things about these types of threads on forums, you get opinions that everyone has, but no-one knows that everyone shares it.
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:58 pm

I like Fergus too! Razz There's nothing wrong with him really!

I agree, this is a very fun thread!
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

http://ttte.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:17 pm

I think that Too Many Fire Engines did absolutely nothing to redeem Flynn as a character from Fiery Flynn and Race to the Rescue.

I also like him less than Belle. Belle does nothing, but Flynn is an insult to firemen and women.
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSodor23 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:37 pm

I think Flynn is better in Too Many Fire Engines, as he's more relatable overall, but he's still not that great as a real, competent fireman wouldn't let their worries about someone doing their job better than them prevent them from doing their job.

1) The Adventure Begins is my favourite production of the show.
2) I would prefer to see George again over anyone else.
3) I would like to see 'Arry and Bert and Sir Handel to have more speaking roles over any other character lacking lately.
NWSodor23
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:54 am

I don't hate Billy, he is just young that's all! He may be young and inexperienced but you could say that about other engines when they were younger.
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Alphys on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:16 am

Rusty to the Rescue and Rusty and the Boulder are both guilty pleasures for me.

The Adventure Begins is my favorite TV series production yet besides for a few S4 episodes.
Dr. Alphys
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by The Steampunk Whovian on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:12 am

I hate Smudger. He's just a lousy recolour, and I hate how overrated he is. I don't mind if people like a certain character, but he's so beloved that I really wonder what makes him so special. I bet that if he had been created during the Sam Barlow era of the show, he wouldn't be liked as much as he actually is.

~John

Branch Line Engine

http://the-scarved-whovian.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSodor23 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:19 pm

I don't really think that there is anything wrong with Smudger, but I don't think that there is anything so great about him either. Bringing him back is one of the most unrealistic things the writers could do, unless they set a future episode on the Mid Sodor Railway.
NWSodor23
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:09 pm

I just see Smudger the same way as I see Proteus and Bertram. Just 2D and no personality, but only because they appeared for about 5 seconds

I don't imagine me liking Smudger in a bigger role. He would be like Billy.
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by TGC on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:54 pm

I like the MR Perkins segments that are on the DVDs and are in between the episodes
TGC
Branch Line Engine
Branch Line Engine

Location : Cop: where do you live? Kid: with my parents. Cop: where do you parents live? Kid: With me. Cop: Where do you all live? Kid: Next to our neighbor. Cop: where does your neighbor live? Kid: If I tell you you won't believe me. Cop: I'll believe you. Kid: next to our house.

http://3wsr.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bbll22 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:55 pm

Ooh, I like the sound of this thread....

- Well, I'll begin with the view that I don't think the show has greatly improved under Brenner. It's slightly better, but not by a lot. There's still much work to do to make it really enjoyable again to me.

- Even as a kid I was never that fond of Thomas as a character and how the show in its middling years thrust him to the forefront really cemented that view for me.

- Linking in with that is the view that Thomas shouldn't appear in every episode, even if it's just a cameo. Yes, I know it's happened lately but there seems to be a mentality that because his name is in the show's title, he has a right to appear just because of that - he doesn't to me. The show is an ensemble show to me and I've always preferred episodes without him and ones showing other characters on the island such as Caroline etc.

- Ringo Starr is very over-rated as narrator and I just feel like Angelis' time is never appreciated enough. He gave 21 years to the show and was the defining voice of the show to me. Ringo just seems to be a default in one sense and I've always hated his narration.

- The show was absolutely right in moving away from Railway Series stories from basically Series 3 onwards as it would have limited it so significantly otherwise if it stuck to them so much. It allowed for greater variety in the show and made it bigger as a programme in my mind. It needed to deviate and there's no need for it to return to its origins now in my mind.

- All the one-off characters from the model-era have so much great potential and I get really annoyed when I see people saying there were pointless. Was it known they were going to be one-offs at the time? Probably not, so that's why slack should be cut to them. Those characters only had one episodes to define themselves - that's hard to do in writing and as we know all the main characters developed over time - they weren't defined in just one episode.

If I think of any more, I shall return!
bbll22
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

https://www.fanfiction.net/~bbll22

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSodor23 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:59 pm

1) I think Ringo Starr was just average.
2) I prefer every season, except for seasons 5 and 9-16, over season 4.
3) I don't mind Hank, Dennis, or Colin.
4) Bash and Dash aren't that bad (except for in MIR and Happy Hiro).
NWSodor23
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by sailing on starways on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:10 pm

1. I think Duck is slightly overrated, but he isn't too bad
2. I really don't mind Flynn, he's okay
3. I found 'Fiery Flynn' rather funny, as unrealistic as it was Razz
sailing on starways
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSCC&ScottishTwins on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:22 pm

1. I don't understand how people love characters like Smudger (who appeared once and never again...) and then not even lift a finger for some who were introduced after Season 6.
2. I think that a few episodes (maybe eight, at the most--don't hurt me!!) were a more than okay in the Miller era.
3. I believe that "Monsters Everywhere" was inspired by "Heffalumps and Woozles".
TheSCC&ScottishTwins
Express Engine
Express Engine

Location : Traveling through time and space, eating some scones and muffins every now and then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Alphys on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:03 pm

I never really liked Michael Angelis' narrations that much (he was alright in S3-5, but the rest.. eh)

Duncan is my least favorite of the main NG cast (Basically, Skarloey, Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Rusty and Duncan)

Ringo Starr's narrations were pretty meh.
Dr. Alphys
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:31 pm

I sort of agree with what people are saying about Ringo Starr's narration. I watched S1 and 2 today. Everyone sounds the same. For example, in Edward's Exploit, I always thought that Edward's driver said "come on!" Instead of Edward. He also made several mistakes, such as random pauses.
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Here are some more opinions.

1. I prefer George Carlin over Ringo Starr and Micheal Angelis.
2. I prefer Seasons 3-4 over Seasons 1-2 or Seasons 6-7.
3. I don't like Percy's babyish persona.
4. I think the TV series needs to eventually move into the 21st century for the time period.
5. I prefer the TV series versions of Seasons 1-4 over the Railway Series versions except for The Sad Story of Henry, Enterprising Engines (except Toad becoming Douglas' brakevan) and Duke the Lost Engine (Only because Mid Sodor looked identical to the Skarloey Railway in the TV Series other wise I go for the TV series version.
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Steampunk Whovian on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:33 am

1. I think Nitrogen's animation was pretty weak. Almost every episode started off with stock footage, which got repetitive, and the camera angles were overused constantly.
2. I don't think the classic series theme is that great. It's overused to death in fan videos, which can make it sound rather boring.
3. The Adventure Begins, in my opinion, did some things even better than both the classic series and the original books.
4. Tickled Pink wasn't that amazing. The repetitive writing let it down.
5. The remixed versions of the classic themes in The Adventure Begins are even better than the originals.

~John

Branch Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSodor23 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:37 am

1) Duck and the Slip Coaches isn't the best episode ever.
2) Tickled Pink is only average.
3) Snow Tracks is better.
4) Diesel's Special Delivery isn't that bad.
5) Ben Small's Thomas voice isn't that good.
NWSodor23
Express Engine
Express Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasSirHandel on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:19 am

More opinions

1. I didn't like Martin Sherman as Thomas.
2. I don't like Percy's current voice.
3. Skiff should of had a built in face.
4. I think Nitrogen's animation was too dark and dull.
5. Tale of the Brave was kind of rushed and isn't the greatest or best.
ThomasSirHandel
Main Line Engine
Main Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Steampunk Whovian on Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:06 am

What do you mean by built-in face for Skiff? Do you mean like how Annie and Clarabel's faces are? I'll admit I like Skiff's face the way it is, but I do agree that having a face styled the same way as Annie and Clarabel's would look better. Anyway, more opinions from me:

1. I think that Colm Feore does a better voice for Toby than both Ben Small and William Hope. Small's voice is great, but can sometimes sound too much like Thomas (Signals Crossed is a prime example), and Hope sounds too young and geeky.
2. Christopher Ragland and Eddie Glen do a better job at voicing Thomas than Ben Small. While Small did give Thomas a young, enthusiastic voice, he sounded too high-pitched at points.
3. The CGI in Season 12 was pretty bad, as it was never rendered properly to match the models. Some of the faces were also off.
4. I While he isn't my favourite character, I do like Hank.
5. I was never that enthusiastic about The Adventures of Thomas to begin with, as it sounded almost, if not exactly the same, as Thomas and the Magic Railroad.

~John

Branch Line Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn Tracy on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:48 am

Scruff wouldn't look better with a built-in face, but I think Skiff would! They should also have given Henrietta one, because then all the coaches had one (Annie & Clarabel, the Slippies, etc.).

The CGI in Season 12 was really bad. They should have done models or full CGI, but not a mix.

I thought The Adventures of Thomas was a nice idea, but I dislike it now, because it has already delayed for 3 years or something like that, and possibly for many years to come. :/
Finn Tracy
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by JRCS on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:08 pm

I don't want the WWII Film to happen either. Simply because we have been waiting for it for years, and it is going to be a huge let down when it is released.

I also don't want the show to return to the models because if they did, it wont be in the style of the classic series. It would be in the style of the New Series and I prefer the CGI to the New Series models.
JRCS
Station Pilot
Station Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarloeyRailway on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:15 pm

JRCS wrote:I don't want the WWII Film to happen either. Simply because we have been waiting for it for years, and it is going to be a huge let down when it is released.

My only regret is that we didn't know more about the movie. My only reason for wanting to know is total curiousity. It'd also be interesting to find out what happened to it.
SkarloeyRailway
Controller
Controller

http://ttte.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Jay on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:29 am

This is an interesting idea for a topic. Here are mine;

There isn't a non-human character I truly hate (yes, even Charlie and the Logging Locos)

I think that if we gave the Logging Locos a chance with the new team, they can be developed and enjoyed by the older audiences. Their return is seeming more likely too with Ferdinand's 'controversial' cameo and Misty Island appearing on the new DVD's cover.

I really love Ben Small's voice for Toby and I don't understand the hate for his performance in Signals Crossed.

This opinion seems to be more popular seems to be more popular than I thought, but I really like Hank and I am quite disappointed that the characters introduced in season 12 never really saw much exposure.

I really enjoyed Day of the Diesels. It's certainly not my favourite but I thought it was really good.
Tobias Jay
Yard Engine
Yard Engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top